real perks

winger

i think some real perk not just a mark of skill when a trade might make thing interesting. more along the lines of increasd space with the lore of being better at makeing the most of the space. or higher weight limits and melee power by being stronger  

54 minutes ago, winger said:

i think some real perk not just a mark of skill when a trade might make thing interesting. more along the lines of increasd space with the lore of being better at makeing the most of the space. or higher weight limits and melee power by being stronger  

I don't get what you mean. It does work like that in-game? The stronger you are the more you can carry and the harder you hit, Organized trait gives more storage space in bags etc.

Do you mean like having a Fallout like perk system where every few level you can pick something that gives you some extra bonus? If so, that's kind of what traits are there for.

Edited by Svarog

more of along the line of getting use to survival if you spend day carrying lot of stuff around you'l get stronger (still call the 20 weight max way to low to make sense i can carry 18 pounds a arm alone and i am not that fit) 

4 minutes ago, winger said:

more of along the line of getting use to survival if you spend day carrying lot of stuff around you'l get stronger (still call the 20 weight max way to low to make sense i can carry 18 pounds a arm alone and i am not that fit) 

You do get stronger from carrying stuff in-game. It just takes ridiculously long for strength to raise :P

55 minutes ago, winger said:

I think these Europeans are trying to sneak their huff-i-ty, puff-i-ty "metric" system into America's zombie infested heartland.  That 20 max weight is 20 kg, which is approx 45 lbs.  That still might not sound like a large amount.  For reference, when I go on a three-day hike I try to keep my pack between 30 to 35 pounds (yes, I know, many of you say that's too much).  In addition to my clothes, boots, hiking stick, that's actually a pretty hefty load.  Let's just say I wouldn't feel comfortable climbing up a knotted sheet rope secured by one nail! :shock:    

20 minutes ago, JM_Forest_64 said:

I think these Europeans are trying to sneak their huff-i-ty, puff-i-ty "metric" system into America's zombie infested heartland.  That 20 max weight is 20 kg, which is approx 45 lbs.  That still might not sound like a large amount.  For reference, when I go on a three-day hike I try to keep my pack between 30 to 35 pounds (yes, I know, many of you say that's too much).  In addition to my clothes, boots, hiking stick, that's actually a pretty hefty load.  Let's just say I wouldn't feel comfortable climbing up a knotted sheet rope secured by one nail! :shock:    

Actually, and I'd qoute the dev if I could find the thread, carry capacity in PZ is a combo of Weight + Size. Some stuff might be light as fck in terms of weight but it takes space so it's PZ weight is big despite "weight" implying that you should be able to carry hundreds of it.

It's why bullets are "lighter" when you put 30 of them in a box as opposed to carrying 30 of them outside of one.

2 minutes ago, winger said:

oh then cart like item should have really been add sooner to make traveling around and getting thing from far away better 

I agree, though after spending dozens of hours with Vehicles as they are, I'd say that particular issue is soon to be remedied :P

2 minutes ago, winger said:

partly they will be load and take gas and could you know go boom 

Survived  50 days in vehicle build without cheating on the gas and I managed to loot entire Muldraugh, which includes all the Moveable items I may have wanted to decorate my base with. Yeah they attract zombies like crazy but it can be circumvented with some tactical thinking. Park close enough but not too far, use guns as distractions for the horde.

Even after some balancing I see the issue of being able to haul tons of stuff as fixed in the coming future. It'll take DAYS off of hauling when used right.

Also, really, even before vehicles I hardly ever ran into a situation where having 3 Big Hiking Bags 1 in each equipable spot weren't enough.

1 hour ago, Svarog said:

Actually, and I'd qoute the dev if I could find the thread, carry capacity in PZ is a combo of Weight + Size. Some stuff might be light as fck in terms of weight but it takes space so it's PZ weight is big despite "weight" implying that you should be able to carry hundreds of it.

It's why bullets are "lighter" when you put 30 of them in a box as opposed to carrying 30 of them outside of one.

Man, they think of everything.  So they have a whole volume/density/form equation for everyday belongings.  I promise you, I'm not kidding when I say that that sounds like some NASA-type mathematics right there. :shock: I am kidding, though (maybe), when I say their new NASA-style mass/form-to-movement number IS in metrics! ;-)