You wanted more snow, you've got more! Enjoy :)

Rekkie

Does the game move slower if the 'tree wind is on' ? Also, the progressive snow is amazing, definitely something you must show the Dev's. 'I can only imagine hard winters, a foggy screen as the wind picks up the falling snow, barring your view to only a few dozen meters as the trees move with the wind, zeds hidden away as the cold sweeps into your very bones.' Great work, I'm sure that if this is optimized as to not lag too much, it could become a great addition to the game. Keep up the good work!

Also, I just saw the tree cutting part of the video. Could you make the tree shaking (when you swing to cut it down) a little less moving ? Most trees only vibrate/move a little when an axe is swung (I've cut down my share of timber) but your tree was moving like a bouncer at a mafia owned club XD Loving all the concepts, but this is just an observation if you could tune down the cutting movement of the tree :P

@Legoland99 Good observations. I'll tone down the zealous tree shaking :) Performance wise, it runs very well. However I'm still yet to add in optimisation code, and the new graphical enhancements should be all optional with the ability to turn them on/off in the settings menu. I've kept the code in place so trees can be either static or dynamic. Each tree is instanced with its own randomised values, such as speed, maximum sway, etc. More on performance, when I recorded that video, the game was running in 1920x1080, while in debug mode, running live in the debugger, hosting a local co-op game, running on a 6 year old machine (original i7 2.80GHz CPU), and all was being recorded and compressed on the go. Regarding vehicles, I'll probably introduce even more optimisation, based on velocity because you don't really see trees moving once you hit a certain velocity, so speed will negate almost all performance loss to a large degree.

@OffitMan Well, that depends on what you'd like to do, and your experience with languages. All mods start as something small and grow, so start small and go from there. This is how all my modifications for PZ have started thus far. An idea grew into dabbling around with experiments and learning how things worked, and when you feel more confident in what you're working on, you can take the next step and grow it. Always remember that it's not how complex or big the modification is that makes it great, it's your enthusiasm, willpower to overcome challenges and an good idea to build on. If you put your mind to it, you'll go far :)

If you want some pointers on where to start, try these: Learn the basics of LUA (official eBook), explore the Tutorials & Resources side of this forum (ask questions), open up an existing mod, look at its source code, try to understand how it works and make your own modifications to it, use it as a learning tool. If you get frustrated at any point, sometimes it helps to walk away for a while and come back later. I've solved many problems in my head while not being at the computer, or simply from a good nights rest and coming back the next day with a new approach and fresh ideas. Positive thinking goes a long way!

@Rekkie I have zero experience in language but am passionate about learning. I've tried a couple of free tutorials online like Code Combat (up until the point where I had to start paying for it). I'll continue to keep learning as I'd love to be able to mod the game and have been really impressed with your work so far. It's so cool!

Is OK to DM you at a later date if I have any questions?

Feel free to message, I'll try to help where I can. With that said, LUA based questions might be better answered in the help section on the forum, and the answers provided are often useful to other people who is also interested in learning or need a bit of help.