RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

5 hours ago, Reid said:

Hey man, could you tell me how to play Manhattown? I downloaded it and put in workshop folder, then activated it, but it doesn't show up on the spawn location list

Simple. Download the all maps pack on workshop. When u enter ur game go to mods, select to activate the all map pack mods. Then go back, start a game, and when u have to select a map a variety will pop up. Chose Manhattown. Warning, some of the buildings are not done, furnished or there are no rooms when u go to higher floors (empty hallways no doors and such. Use the 37.14 stable build if u play it. The IWBUMS one will fuck it up.

So when I opened the game yesterday and got the 38.8 patch notes... when I loaded up my game I suddenly had a house alarm in my player base.

I've been held up in the farmhouse/cornfield for over 2 months now, log walls all around etc. Was standing in the house when the game reloaded. Granted it gave me one of the most exhilarating "clean up" jobs of my entire PZ life - gonna take days to bury the bodies. (also no corn textures in the field now, just mud - is that a thing?)

I also noticed an area I had been thinning out zombie hordes for a few in game days (near Spiffo's/Knox) had what seemed to be a complete respawn of all hordes. It took 3 days to clear the hordes from the house alarm, surely they shouldn't have respawned in such great numbers in that space of time? No biggie. I just used up most of my knives :(

My only concern is, are house alarms likely reset in already looted buildings? (Already grinds me that I get alarms in zombie crashed houses).

57 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Mash did it now, i need to reexport, but i alsoneed to figure out why we can't see the tennis line on the court in game...

If there are new sprites or signs, can we get an update on the Editor as well ? .-.  (not sure how the editor updating works)

8 hours ago, thefu3z said:

So when I opened the game yesterday and got the 38.8 patch notes... when I loaded up my game I suddenly had a house alarm in my player base.

I've been held up in the farmhouse/cornfield for over 2 months now, log walls all around etc. Was standing in the house when the game reloaded. Granted it gave me one of the most exhilarating "clean up" jobs of my entire PZ life - gonna take days to bury the bodies. (also no corn textures in the field now, just mud - is that a thing?)

I also noticed an area I had been thinning out zombie hordes for a few in game days (near Spiffo's/Knox) had what seemed to be a complete respawn of all hordes. It took 3 days to clear the hordes from the house alarm, surely they shouldn't have respawned in such great numbers in that space of time? No biggie. I just used up most of my knives :(

My only concern is, are house alarms likely reset in already looted buildings? (Already grinds me that I get alarms in zombie crashed houses).

The alarm should be saved, specially in 38 where i fixed bunch of stuff on the alarms system...

I'll test to see if i can find anything about alarm not being saved and/or resetted, thanks for the report! :)

Could you post something in the bug tracker so we're sure i'll remember :D

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I came back to this game after several months, and started at Rosewood. There is one constant problem - all lights are off after save and load, I need to press switch at walls to bring light again. Is this common problem or something wrong with my game?

Lights are wonky in general. I have the same problem but they also tend to randomly turn off.

17 hours ago, Svarog said:

Lights are wonky in general. I have the same problem but they also tend to randomly turn off.

During the mega test i was living in an upstairs apartment in west point with the stairs safely sledged, whenever another player entered the store below me the lights would go off in the apartment. Abit creepy but also a handy early warning system.

So maybe this helps to squash the bug as it seems that the lights turn off when you enter a building, even if another player is occupying the building.

Edited by NebNebber
Spellinh faail

This is a bit silly of me to ask but where exactly is Riverside located? I am using the all in one map mod so im looking to make sure the downloaded map called "California" Is or Isn't overlapping the new area, could someone circle on a pic of the game map or send me a link from PZ-Map-Crash on where RiverSide is located? Id really appreciate it!

0.o I see pony o rama!

Guess the rebuild mod map needs moved now lol.

So many places to go so far far to run though. Hmm... I have problems where I hate traveling for long periods of time to loot. Mainly cause I get weighed down badly and it takes even longer to get back haha.

I just miss having lots of trees in the forests. I mean the only places with tons of trees are near muld/wp and the further away from them you get the less trees you get T_T.

The larger trees were nice but now our forest areas are not filled with many trees in many places. T_T...

We need more trees! Big trees don't give enough cover when theres many spaces free around them lol.

30 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

North of West Point, where the river bends into a previously black area.

sd2DqAP_cropped_annotated.jpg

Thanks much! i spawned in riverside and the new curves of the river confused the hell out of me haha, but im so glad to see how large this new addition to the map is! makes me very pumped to see what other new additions mash has up her sleeve *cough* Louisville *cough* :P

36 minutes ago, Man_In_The_Purple_Hat said:

Thanks much! i spawned in riverside and the new curves of the river confused the hell out of me haha, but im so glad to see how large this new addition to the map is! makes me very pumped to see what other new additions mash has up her sleeve *cough* Louisville *cough* :P

Ah yes, Louisville, but we'll have to get buildings past the seven max story problem if we want to see a true City with at least/maybe eleven story buildings and hopefully no major lag. I'd love to be able to just drive through there or even maybe on bridges someday. It would be amazing if we could have that, like a ramp (they work like stairs but cars can go and they are way longer. That would be something awesome. Car Parks and Highway's, bridges and above ground tram systems or trains (like the Gta 3 one). 

Posted some stuff in the issue section about Riverside, hopefully someone took a look there. Great addition, still needs some detail and work but I love the place.

Build 38.9

[New]

• Added many new zones (foraging, trapping, respawn..) to riverside.

[Balance]

• Sleeping outside in rain will wake players up, unless they are in a tent or under a player made structure with roof.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed bodies corpses zone sometimes overlapping.
  • Fixed bodies corpse zone not being properly synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed bugs on the new riverside map.
  • Fixed lot of UI non-working with a gamepad.
  • Large amount of smaller items will now correctly fill up container space available.
  • Book Reading is now interrupted when player aims a weapon.
  • Fixed Characters losing fraction of xp on save.
Edited by Connall
Clarify book reading fix.

1 hour ago, Connall said:

I would like to addendum the fact that sleeping outside in the rain currently has no affect in Multiplayer for now. I am also curious to hear any issues that come up as a result of the change in singleplayer, so feel free to @Connall me here, or PM me should it turn out the change is iffy.

Will the player sleep outside if he gets too tired and falls asleep or can we get an option for him to sleep on the ground if we wish to do so ?

Found a strange thing in riverside. this is in the big yellow building north of town - has a creche upstairs .

this library - you cant walk in between the shelves where i am.

if you walk past the end shelves you get a load of red errors appear as well:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/854976282649012238/88CD0BC11EA320BEC4938D0D3F4E3D930D3DE767/

My girlfriend and I decided to play with the new update. We are subscribed to the beta build since the start of 38. When the game loaded, our house was full of zombies albeit it was barricaded and such. That was a surprising problem.

But the problem we are encountering is that we can't earn any new talent points. The counter for the next talent point is above 40.000. Look at that : 

20170829135104_1.jpg