RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

17 minutes ago, Svarog said:

This is awesome and I love everything about this, it's nice to finally see all the buildings.

If you see anything weird or glitchy then please let us know and we'll send @TanglewoodActual back into the code.

Also - if anyone takes any cool screenshots that make the most of the new system that'd be cool for Mondoid then feel free to post 'em :D

19 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

If you see anything weird or glitchy then please let us know and we'll send @TanglewoodActual back into the code.

Tdv9SjE.png

I don't know how doable it would be but It would be nicer if roof tiles became transparent (Like walls do when standing behind them) to show the player character instead of becoming completely invisible.

Edit: This house is glitchy, aprroaching window gives the effect visible, approaching door next to this window has no effect whatsoever.

HD1SSdy.png

Edit 2: Blood on higher levels is always visible.

RJ5kXSv.png

Edited by Svarog

Many roofs are very unevenly lit, there is a ton of dark/black spots everywhere especially on slanted roof tiles.

How about if the player can see a building from any angle the whole thing becomes evenly lit and visible? Every wall and roof tile. Also make it so that upper floors are not seen unless the ground floor is, it would solve the problem seen in post above.

By the way, if a zombie that happened to be a runner becomes a crawler (Random Zombie Speed Setting) they will crawl to turn around but as soon as they face the player they will start to run towards him. Happened to me once.

Oh and graves look a lot better now IMO.

On 2017-6-25 at 6:40 PM, RobertJohnson said:

but all this zone thing is to avoid having to calcul how much bodies are around the player each tick to see if he can get sick, this'll stress your CPU wayyy too much :D

Actually it would be better to do this as an interval check, this will it will be more accurate and will not take up too many cycles. Basically on tick cycle, keep track of ms passed and every ~1 minute, do the check, since it should only be making changes if you are hanging around dead bodies anyway, if you're running along and there is a pile of bodies close by, it is no big deal but if you're hanging around them for several hours, this is another story! :)

Edited by Colin

8 hours ago, Mowz said:

I seem to have a problem where when I turn on lights in a building then move far away and return, the lights are turned off. I was able to repeat this several times in West Point from the hardware store to the gun store.

Addition to this find, I was playing for a bit in the same area and the lights just turned off on me in the room I was in after some period of time in the same room. This also applied to all other inside and outdoor lights including street lamps. None of the lights were broken; all could be turned back on (except street lamps of course). I have been able to reproduce this several times as well.

8 hours ago, Mowz said:

I seem to have a problem where when I turn on lights in a building then move far away and return, the lights are turned off. I was able to repeat this several times in West Point from the hardware store to the gun store.

I can confirm the above statement. Turning on lights on a house and then leaving the area will have you find the lights turned off when you come back. Almost creepy, if I didn't know I was the only survivor left I would be freaked out :P I also played at West Point, and this happened on the House by the Lake, so if it is just an area bug, it covers the entire West Point at least.
Additionally, is there a chance that sheets/curtains don't work as intended when you turn on the lights? I have not played yet as much in 38.4 but an incident like this occured once. It could be a coincidence so I am just checking up with everyone before I dare call it a bug.

Edited by AceFromSpace

After 2 hours I just got off the IWBUMS server. Was fun.

Bugs:

• Flies Are Utterly Broken, Loud as all Hell, Won't go away when bodies are burned or buried. Annoy the hell out of everyone.
  • I buried 3 corpses in a grave and the Bury Corpses 0/5 didn't update.

Other than that I killed over 100 zombies, barricaded two houses and other than the lag I didn't have any issues that would obviously stem from server saving thing. One annoying thing was zombies disappear until save is done but I imagine normally that won't be a big problem since most servers probably don't save every 10 seconds :P

11 minutes ago, Svarog said:

After 2 hours I just got off the IWBUMS server. Was fun.

Bugs:

• Flies Are Utterly Broken, Loud as all Hell, Won't go away when bodies are burned or buried. Annoy the hell out of everyone.
  • I buried 3 corpses in a grave and the Bury Corpses 0/5 didn't update.

Other than that I killed over 100 zombies, barricaded two houses and other than the lag I didn't have any issues that would obviously stem from server saving thing. One annoying thing was zombies disappear until save is done but I imagine normally that won't be a big problem since most servers probably don't save every 10 seconds :P

Are cars in IWBUMS now?

Played last night for the first time in months. So many great changes! I LOVE that the runners are working I LOVE the random zed abilities. So good.

One problem that I have not seen reported:

When I am inside a building, all vehicles outside the building are visible, even if I did not see them previously when I was outside. Unless we have an x-ray vision trait I imagine this is a bug.

6 minutes ago, trombonaught said:

Played last night for the first time in months. So many great changes! I LOVE that the runners are working I LOVE the random zed abilities. So good.

One problem that I have not seen reported:

When I am inside a building, all vehicles outside the building are visible, even if I did not see them previously when I was outside. Unless we have an x-ray vision trait I imagine this is a bug.

Probably didn't see it reported here because having vehicles means you're on a separate build "Vehicle Test", not the regular 38.4 IWBUMS build.

yeah i keep walking into zombies when they are in places like that. 

Had to fight some here - the roof obscures everything:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/854971213074584142/4A9CFF294E4C97CA2BD1737B191271892B51CDFD/

Dont get me wrong i really like the new look - but you loose visibility when "behind" buildings - it only opens up when you are very close - 2 squares - which by then is too close if zombies are there.

In that image - i was fighting there and i had to keep moving away from the roof. also was unable to bury corpse until the roof disapeared

Finally got around to testing the new IWBUMS. I didn't get too far but I did notice two major bugs in particular:

1) The "radio sounds" are way too loud. My character can hear the static from a radio inside a house FROM ACROSS THE STREET. Unless that radio has some serious volume and bass, there's no way that's possible. 

2) Bloodstains remain visible on top floors even when standing a floor below, making it look like the bloodstains are hovering in midair. Very distracting. 

There was probably more to catalog, but I didn't get a whole lot of time to test it. Hopefully the bugs I did notice will be fixed. 

After playing for a while I have come to the conclusion that I don't like the change with seeing roofs all the time.

Not just bugs or visual issues (seeing the roof inside of certain houses as shown above) but there are a few major gameplay issues caused by this change.

It went from "huh, neat" to "holy crap, I cannot see what's behind these walls" pretty quick.

Players unfamiliar with the map now need to run behind a building in order to see if there is windows/doors, or potentially other escape routes. This is a very annoying flaw with the update and greatly overvalues being able to see the roof.

Perhaps they should only be seen when the player isn't looking at them directly, because this is extremely problematic to stick with in the long haul.

Edited by Kim Jong Un