RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

11 hours ago, Svarog said:

Eventually with Animations and new models a Gas Mask could be a thing that would help in corpse disposal and going through areas with massive amounts of corpses and the overall effects could be buffed up.

This is an interesting idea. The longer you play the game you would think some zeds would drop themselves. The use of a mask of any kind would be feasible to enter a new town later in game from the amount of bodies.

On 23.06.2017 at 10:22 AM, RobertJohnson said:

Sorry guys, have internet problem atm, posting from phone, will fix this flies thing don't worry, as soon as i get internet back i'll update the version :(

I don't know what they talked about,but for me everything seems fine.

Ey boss,can i habe suggestion please? I think this is possible with new system

"Wet" tag for clothes,if you stayed too long under rain.

Wearing wet clothes with increase unhappines and will cause "wet moodle",until the cloth will be dry.

For drying clothes - you need to put them in firesource ( Oven,campfire,etc )

I noticed a lot of people have been complaining about dying from sickness lately so I decided to run a test on how many Corpses it takes for Sickness to start setting in and how close/far away they have to be.

I am now convinced the whole thing is fairly bugged.

Sickness starts at 20 corpses in the area, the distance that has to be kept is too big and sometimes, it is truly ridiculous.

Test Environment: No Zombies, No Traits, Weak Zombies, default otherwise. I spawned around 50 of them, 20 in the beggining and then groups of 5 around the area, killed them all, notice how far I had to go to stop getting sick in later part of the video.

Edited by Svarog

That's... bizarre, Svarog.

It looks like running up to a corpse pile won't immediately trigger illness, then suddenly the illness starts rising quickly just as you're leaving. Then it keeps rising until you're like a full screen away.

Then sometimes you'll run away even further and your illness starts going on the rise again when there's clearly nothing around...?

Something's really borked. It just looks all wrong. There's almost no rhyme or reason to the system at all.

Edited by CaptainDingo

Might be notewrothy that in the later part of the video, the sickness stat stopped rising around the time I crossed from Cell 36x31 to 35x31 and started again when I went back to 36x31

I thought that maybe you get sick if there are corpses in the cell you're in but then I went the other way towards cell 37x31 and I didn't need to get to it, it stopped around the area I first started to get it, in cell 36x31.

So yeah, I don't know how it works.

I wonder if there's a better way. Because players aren't privy to seeing the boundaries for cells, so it makes the effect fairly unintuitive. Also it means you could be right next to some bodies but just over the threshold of a cell and not be sick, meanwhile you could be on the far end of a cell and be sick from zombies that are very far away...

When you say zones, do you mean cells, Robert? Or are the zones something else?

17 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

As I said, sickness is done per zone, so one zone could be quite big while other could be smaller, hence why sometimes u see it's going really far.

There really needs to be some kind of an indicator that the player is currently in a zone where he might drop dead. I know that flies are supposed to be that but hearing them without a single corpse on screen would (and did as we saw in 38.2) get old very fast for many people and they can't be too loud.

Maybe a "Something Smells" moddle like a suggested on the previous page or something else but without one there will inevitably be topics on topics like "I randomly got fever and died!"

RJ,can you please add possibility to start a fire by using dirty rags? Also,same with log walls.

UPD : I think i spotted new bug :

After you healed scratch - bleeding won't stop. This happened with me second time

20170625171233_1.jpg

Edited by Drama_Setter

Good call for dirty rags as fuel :)

For zone no, it's not cell, zone are.. erm, zone, it depend really, but everything is zoned, every house is a zone, sometimes a whole neighbourgh will be a single zone because every houses are close to each other, every portion of a road is a zone, meaning the highway zones are bigger than small road, every piece of grass, etc... So yeah, it really depend...

For having a moddle "smelly", it'll have to wait for us to redo the moodle system with a way better thing i think, i'll see if i can make it bit more precise, portion of zone for example, it may be doable, but all this zone thing is to avoid having to calcul how much bodies are around the player each tick to see if he can get sick, this'll stress your CPU wayyy too much :D

10 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Good call for dirty rags as fuel :)

For zone no, it's not cell, zone are.. erm, zone, it depend really, but everything is zoned, every house is a zone, sometimes a whole neighbourgh will be a single zone because every houses are close to each other, every portion of a road is a zone, meaning the highway zones are bigger than small road, every piece of grass, etc... So yeah, it really depend...

For having a moddle "smelly", it'll have to wait for us to redo the moodle system with a way better thing i think, i'll see if i can make it bit more precise, portion of zone for example, it may be doable, but all this zone thing is to avoid having to calcul how much bodies are around the player each tick to see if he can get sick, this'll stress your CPU wayyy too much :D

OK. This is starting to change some things then about zones you fight in and burying the dead overall. As just leaving bodies after fights and skirmishes this can build up to the point of killing myself if I don't bury the dead.

Example. I have a secure place on the north and south side of town. So walking back and forth between them I do a great deal of fighting and bodies drop. Even though I keep the areas around my place clean of bodies I can end up killing myself just walking back and fourth through fight zones? I now have to bury pretty much everything or I might die passing through a zone?

How about skipping moodles for now and just have our person say something. As I would hate to go back and start to bury the bodies now and the sickness goes up as fast as it did in savrogs video. Like repeat man "it smells" every time the counter hits increments of ten going up so if it says it fast enough we know we need to move out of an area. And maybe it smells better now every time it drops below a increment of ten.

This disease really shouldn't kill the player anyway, beyond the most extreme. Uncomfortable, mentally disturbed, sure, but death seems like an odd sentence.

Adding a new Moodle for odour would be nice. I don't see why that can't  be done now. Adding mental effects (discomfort at the inability to maintain normality)  and new illnesses would also be good.

Piggybacking zombie infection or fake infection just doesn't sound like it's working.

10 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

This disease really shouldn't kill the player anyway, beyond the most extreme. Uncomfortable, mentally disturbed, sure, but death seems like an odd sentence...

Agreed. However, if you were to be using a water or food source near piles of rotting corpses, that might be a different story? Also, wondering if we can we implement the wearing of masks or similar, to help resist any possible infections/negative effects that may result from passing through areas with large amounts of corpses, or when moving them etc?

13 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

This disease really shouldn't kill the player anyway, beyond the most extreme. Uncomfortable, mentally disturbed, sure, but death seems like an odd sentence.

Adding a new Moodle for odour would be nice. I don't see why that can't  be done now. Adding mental effects (discomfort at the inability to maintain normality)  and new illnesses would also be good.

Piggybacking zombie infection or fake infection just doesn't sound like it's working.

It might work out if the zones would be something like,, 4x4 or even 8x8 tiles.

8 minutes ago, EreWeGo said:

Agreed. However, if you were to be using a water or food source near piles of rotting corpses, that might be a different story? Also, wondering if we can we implement the wearing of masks or similar, to help resist any possible infections/negative effects that may result from passing through areas with large amounts of corpses, or when moving them etc?

Yep. That's what I'd like to see.

Starting to think maybe the easiest solution to all this is a slower build up with a slower drop rate. IE you can work in an area with the dead but the longer you work there the higher the illness chance and then spending time in no illness zones would lower this. Basically it would end up being the same thing but less chance of immediate illness.

It seems what you have in place could stay but lower the speeds up and down. What was seen in savrogs video with how fast it could go up is just a bit disturbing.

Edited by nickodemos
grammer

I don't know what the problem,but for me this system seems fine. It forces you to bury all corpses,not just leaving they around your base.  If they add only discomfort from that - that would be another useless feature. You can reduce your depression only by 2 - 3 pills,or books. That's not good.

And yeah,am i the only ,who suffered because of this bug?

"After you healed scratch - bleeding won't stop"

Edited by Drama_Setter

Corpses aren't generally considered a vector for disease, according to the CDC. There's a few exceptions, of course, and maybe it can be written into the lore somehow, but generally manhandling corpses is probably more dangerous than just leaving them and keeping your distance.

So I mean, it's not really useful in real-life either. It just feels better.

Getting arbitrarily killed by PZ's equivalent of the cold, in short order, because there exist corpses in a zone of basically random size is just lame.

IWBUMS 38.4

[New]

Changed how custom maps are loaded:

• After selecting your mod, you now arrive on the "select spawn location" screen. There is no longer a "select map" screen - to avoid confusion.
  • Every map mod that's enabled is now loaded, including their spawnpoints.
  • This means you don't need to code your own 'multiple maps mod' to load up more than one.

New sandbox option:

• Fire spread (previously No Fire spread on server): allow or not spreading fire.

[MP] When a server save occurs all player action is paused for a very brief time. Currently a server option. This will hopefully reduce lag and side-effects of players performing actions during the save.
[MP] Got rid of TransactionID while it's bugged & it made server saving longer.

Changes on world view:

• Building levels above the player are ONLY hidden for the "current building".
  • "Current building" defined as the building you're inside OR if you're outside, the building blocking our view of the player character OR a building whose window you're look through.
  • To peek through a window stand adjacent and face it.
  • Building levels are also hidden when the nearest visible zombie is behind a building. So if your character looks behind the back wall of a building and there's a zombie there the building's floors will be hidden just as they would if you walked behind the building.
  • Building exterior walls are no longer stencilled to transparent when you're outside unless they are actually blocking the view of your character.

[Balance]
Lowered flies sound.

Changed graves sprites for a 2 tiles instead of 3. (smaller graves)