Jump to content
RobertJohnson

RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, Sir Dogo said:

I have a question about the new dirty/bloodying mechanic, are you able to wash clothes to make them clean again or hasn't that been implimented yet? im asking because on my playthrough of the game i have gone through so many clothes that fresh clothes are beggining to become super rare.

>You can wash your clothes with soap and water.. Sorry, didn't mention it in patchnote :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

I'm working on other "random" sandbox options but somes can be really tough to do and i wonder if it's worth it.. We'll see!

Speed already is the most impactful in my opinion. I imagine strength would be similarly easy. Sensory abilities would only be a detail gameplaywise i think.

For me, a fourth speed with the same animation as sprint but a little slower would be great, fretless speed slides the optimum. Otherwise I'd say only worth it if easy to add.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little bug - report :

I can wash already clean clothes,and that causes "Red Square" 20170615192551_1.thumb.jpg.7ef68f8ecccda831e34e43c138217ad7.jpg

( If you need more from "console file" just say )

 

 1497543948747 function: WashClothing_OnCreate -- file: recipecode.lua line # 605


1497543948747 Callframe at: PerformMakeItem
1497543948747 function: perform -- file: ISCraftAction.lua line # 44
1497543949575 Key Pressed
1497543950113 Key Pressed
1497543950824 Key Pressed
1497543951530 Key Pressed
1497543952265 Key Pressed
1497543953458 Key Pressed
1497544031106 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1497544047406 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange
1497544048961 znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange

 
 
Edited by Drama_Setter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been loving the new features and agree with the previous speakers as to bugs. Additionally, there are three features that I think would work well.

 

1.) Just like there are random survivor houses,  around the world are random graves made by previous survivors. These could appear on the annotated maps and along the various back roads/wilderness paths that populate the map. This leads to my second point...

2.) Lootable graves! Perhaps a deceased survivor was buried by his comrades with a favorite Spiffo doll or journal. Maybe a person had a dear baseball bat that got interred with them. Many graves would probably have nothing (and digging up a person's resting place would have an effect on sanity), but there are potential awards. 

3.) Dirty and bloodied clothes attract flies whose sounds could distract the player from threats of the undead variety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Strats said:

I've been loving the new features and agree with the previous speakers as to bugs. Additionally, there are three features that I think would work well.

 

1.) Just like there are random survivor houses,  around the world are random graves made by previous survivors. These could appear on the annotated maps and along the various back roads/wilderness paths that populate the map. This leads to my second point...

2.) Lootable graves! Perhaps a deceased survivor was buried by his comrades with a favorite Spiffo doll or journal. Maybe a person had a dear baseball bat that got interred with them. Many graves would probably have nothing (and digging up a person's resting place would have an effect on sanity), but there are potential awards. 

3.) Dirty and bloodied clothes attract flies whose sounds could distract the player from threats of the undead variety. 

I like the first 2 ideas. The third would become very annoying over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Strats said:

I've been loving the new features and agree with the previous speakers as to bugs. Additionally, there are three features that I think would work well.

 

1.) Just like there are random survivor houses,  around the world are random graves made by previous survivors. These could appear on the annotated maps and along the various back roads/wilderness paths that populate the map. This leads to my second point...

2.) Lootable graves! Perhaps a deceased survivor was buried by his comrades with a favorite Spiffo doll or journal. Maybe a person had a dear baseball bat that got interred with them. Many graves would probably have nothing (and digging up a person's resting place would have an effect on sanity), but there are potential awards. 

3.) Dirty and bloodied clothes attract flies whose sounds could distract the player from threats of the undead variety. 

Ahaha,just like Fallout 2 xD

Good ideas!

( am i the only one who want's new sprite for burned corpses? )

Edited by Drama_Setter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Drama_Setter said:

Ahaha,just like Fallout 2 xD

Good ideas!

( am i the only one who want's new sprite for burned corpses? )

 

No, I'd like that too. It's actually EXTREMELY difficult to destroy a corpse with fire entirely. The average temperature used to cremate dead bodies in crematoriums ranges anywhere from 1400 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit, which is pretty much impossible to achieve with just a lighter and gasoline. 

 

Burning corpses shouldn't destroy the body entirely, but it should get rid of any infectious pathogens on the corpse and prevent flies from being attracted to it. I think there should be new sprites for burned corpses as well as funeral pyres and body piles. The graves are a nice touch, if a little too "clean", but I think there should be pyres as well.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2017 at 7:39 PM, RobertJohnson said:

Ahah, earing the flies for far away is a bug, it just help me testing and I forgot to remove it... Will change :D Will also make their sound lower & tied to ambient volume :)

 

For graves, it's in fact a bug that you can stack up to 15 bodies in them, will fix also.

 

Demmmm fixeeees!

 

I'm working on other "random" sandbox options but somes can be really tough to do and i wonder if it's worth it.. We'll see!

Hmm yeah the noise was a bit annoying ^^ (don't forget we shouldn't hear flies from a closed inside)

Hope you will work on a better medical/moodlets as well on the way !! :) why not a HAPPY moodlet ? :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have experienced zombies manage to break through a single layer of metal bars (twice, on the warehouse on different windows), set on the outside of the window.

Despite the zombies are set to weak and fragile, and i've disabled the "damage construction", upon waking up from sleeping in a tent, i found zombies on the inside of the large warehouse, in Muldraugh, and the metal bars gone. This has happened twice, one each on separate sleep sessions.

 

Mods used:
NecroForge 1.9

Cheat Menu V2.5.1

Cheaterman

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Balance suggestions :

1. Disease from corpses works fine,but too fast ( 2 days to get sick ).

Also,radious of the spreading disease should be larger.

2. I killed 163 zombies in close combat,but my cloth still clean. If i chop 3-4 woods,by cloth is getting dirty. 

So,make contamination of clothing by killind zombies  faster,by chopping wood - slower.

3. I don't know how this new system works,but can killed by firearms zombies  contaminate my clothes?

Nevermind,if yes - make cloth contaminate only by killing zeds in close combat.

UPD : "Disease fast" and "Clothing degradation" was setted to normal speed.

Edited by Drama_Setter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Can confirm above, if clothes are supposed to get bloody, they don't. Still, id rather this wasn't a feature until blood overlays go in.

No no no,man,it's already in it. ( Look at screen inside spoiler for proof )

 

 

20170616225858_1.jpg

 
 
Edited by Drama_Setter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Drama_Setter said:

No no no,man,it's already in it. ( Look at screen inside spoiler for proof )

 

  Hide contents

20170616225858_1.jpg

  Reveal hidden contents
 

Dirty ~= Bloody 

 

They do get dirty too fast but they never god bloody for me and clothes can be both.

 

Like clothes on zeds can be Vest (Dirty, Bloody)

Edited by Svarog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Dirty ~= Bloody 

 

They do get dirty too fast but they never god bloody for me and clothes can be both.

That doesn't make sense. If clothes can be bloody on zombies - why not on player? I guess,"blood degradation clothes" speed too slow.

UPD : Clothes can get "dirty tag" even if you moving around corpses. Good detailing!

Edited by Drama_Setter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Drama_Setter said:

That doesn't make sense. If clothes can be bloody on zombies - why not on player? I guess,"blood degradation clothes" speed too slow.

 

Yeah, probably, killing zeds in melee should make clothes Bloody not just dirty and I never had it happen no matter how many I killed.

 

Edit: Unless they can only get bloody when character is bleeding while wearing them, didn't test for that

Edited by Svarog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 3:14 AM, Svarog said:

It's hilarious that it's possible to just die by standing next to some corpses for 2 in-game hours.

Also, while I like the feature itself, I think the bloody clothes thing should have came in along with blood texture overlays for characters, the utter lack of any visuals in the area just make it feel completely "meh".

Love the new sandbox options BTW.

Well, IN REAL LIFE I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere near a pile of corpses of people who'd died from Ebola or (insert any other deadly disease you think of), so, in the game, I don't think this is an unrealistic game mechanism.

I hope with the bloody clothes there comes an option to wash them.

Edited by Kimdownunder
forgot to add the advise me of replies switch. Too late?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Kimdownunder said:

Well, IN REAL LIFE I for one wouldn't want to be anywhere near a pile of corpses of people who'd died from Ebola or (insert any other deadly disease you think of), so, in the game, I don't think this is an unrealistic game mechanism.

I hope with the bloody clothes there comes an option to wash them.


I do like the mechanic and it got a lot better after the second version came out it's also possible to wash clothes now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2017 at 3:42 PM, Drama_Setter said:

Balance suggestions :

1. Disease from corpses works fine,but too fast ( 2 days to get sick ).

Also,radious of the spreading disease should be larger.

2. I killed 163 zombies in close combat,but my cloth still clean. If i chop 3-4 woods,by cloth is getting dirty. 

So,make contamination of clothing by killind zombies  faster,by chopping wood - slower.

3. I don't know how this new system works,but can killed by firearms zombies  contaminate my clothes?

Nevermind,if yes - make cloth contaminate only by killing zeds in close combat.

UPD : "Disease fast" and "Clothing degradation" was setted to normal speed.

 

1. I would like to amend this one. It would be nice if the disease radius was based on the amount of dead bodies. IE 1 dead body would only be one square. 2 would be 2 squares, and so on.  In general I would not want to worry to much about one body in my area but when they start to pile up they could then be a real hazard.

 

2. It is kind of annoying to only wear clean cloths for an hour and they are immediatly dirty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...