RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

Maybe the option should work completely different: Zombies "fear" the light, so if it's day, they blob into houses, where it is likely darker. When it's night, they spread out and get "active". Wasn't it like that in the I am Legend movie? (Haven't seen it in years, so I don't really remember)

Anyway.. this way, zombies at day would still be a threat if you get near them, as they are many... and at night they are fast and everywhere.

Yeah, I made them almost useless during day if you choose the option too, I could always increase their threat a bit, but it's kinda the point of them being useless, you just don't want to meet them at night.. :D

For the pitch black thingy, you did smoe good reports, i'll see what I can do with this tomorrow, but on my end it was really dark, and really needed a light to see outside... But i'll double check.

Same for the zombies illness, I may have screwed up something :D

54 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

For the pitch black thingy, you did smoe good reports, i'll see what I can do with this tomorrow, but on my end it was really dark, and really needed a light to see outside... But i'll double check.

Same for the zombies illness, I may have screwed up something :D

Honestly, I don't know how much can be done about it because of the way Flashlights and general lighting work in PZ.

First Video is Pitch Black setting, it should be dark, I guess maybe the moon is out, I wish I knew for sure. It was darker when I tried it earlier. Do notice how different it is between what the player sees and what he doesn't.

Second video... this is how I imagined Pitch Black nights, this is a mod I slapped together in 15 seconds. The problem is, Flashlight doesn't work at all when ambient lighting is that low.

2pnwOZR.png

Edited by Svarog

I feel like a lot of this darkness discussion will also be reliant on people having properly calibrated monitors.

I take great care to properly calibrate the brightness on my monitor (I do graphics work and need to know when things are actually black, etc.) and I concur that Svarog's screenshot isn't as dark as it could be. What Svarog seems to be asking for is that when you look in a direction at night, your view radius shouldn't provide any light. It should look as dark in front of you as behind you. And I agree.

The moon has a huge impact on how bright it is outside at night. The difference in lighting outside when it is a full moon compared to a new moon is ridiculous. Cloud cover and weather too have an impact on this, but it would be interesting to see if the developers could implement a moon cycle that would affect the lighting outside during the night. Maybe make it so that when raining, it's darker outside regardless.

Inside buildings though, rooms without windows should definitely be pitch-black. If there are windows, the lighting should perhaps depend on the ambient lighting outside (moon cycle, campfire, headlights, lightning, etc.).

Edited by FireOnAsphalt

Good update but:

1) health lose from corpses seems way to easy for PZ - did you ever consider debuff system ? reduced max weight you can carry, reduced max speed, slower attacks etc ?

2) That drakness sandbox options are great, why not to go deeper in that direction - new moodles (afraid of darkness), more light  sources, some things are impossible  at dark (reading) and others are way slower (crafting). IMO a day - night cycle in PZ needs more love.

The addition of random zombie speed is great! Hope it will work in MP, too. If it is easy to code in, making their ability to open doors random would be great, too.

Is it possible to make another speed level between sprinter and fast shambler to close the gap?

Edited by Lumbo

Can we get an indicator that tells us that we're at risk of developing a sickness because of the corpses?
Because i would assume that this is only the case if the pile of corpses is big enough.

May i suggest to implement the sounds of flies flying around the corpses?
This way i know what routes to avoid. Because i have killed A LOT of zombies on my primary save file.

Sickness builds up crazy fast sometimes, even when indoors around certain buildings in west point. It took about 20 to 30 seconds to build up 2 stages of sickness when i was looting a house.
Although it might be worth mentioning that i'm using the prone to ilness perk.

Edited by Patrick H

2 hours ago, Patrick H said:

Although it might be worth mentioning that i'm using the prone to ilness perk.

let's hope they don't reduce the illness-factor too much with this perk :D ... it's great that the perk isn't "free points" anymore :D

but sound of flys would be great ! 

A more direct "Danger!!" indicator I would not like so much as it should be an uncertain risk ...

but there should be some protection (but definitive not 100%) like a breathmask to reduce the chance of infection.

I really like the idea.. looking forward how it will be balanced !!!

6 minutes ago, NagashUD said:

Time as well to improve the moodlets/health panel ! also medicine against nausea/fever !

Yes, the whole medical system/screen should be updated with the new illness systems

Maybe making the skill more useful too... or better combine it: the more skill you have the more information the health screen will give you - with that it should be easiest o get medical skill points of course without breaking your bones to get something to bandage..

Guess there are a lot of great possibilities to balance it :D

22 minutes ago, King-Salomon said:

let's hope they don't reduce the illness-factor too much with this perk :D ... it's great that the perk isn't "free points" anymore :D

but sound of flys would be great ! 

A more direct "Danger!!" indicator I would not like so much as it should be an uncertain risk ...

but there should be some protection (but definitive not 100%) like a breathmask to reduce the chance of infection.

I really like the idea.. looking forward how it will be balanced !!!

Yeah i really like this feature too. It indeed adds another layer of depth to the game.
But despite having the prone to illness perk, i still dont think it should catch me by surprise. I got it really fast!
I can appreciate the fact that there's actually a downside to the perk now regardless. But i do still think an indicator is required. This could come in the form of flies buzzing around. I can't think of a better solution than this in all honesty.
Sounds of flies could indicate that i'm at risk of developing sickness, as a subtle hint. And would not take away from the immersion.

Well, i want to suggest some things.

1. Option to write names on crosses and read it by RMB? ( RMB > Read name > "Dude who still waits for NPC" )

2. Dirty / Ragged  clothes  can be identified by name ? ( Pants > Dirty pants,Pants > Ragged pants  )

3. Sounds for "Funeral process"? Sound of digging the grave,i mean.

4. Visible corpses in graves? ( Depends on how many are there )

5. Burial of the grave will be optional?

6. Make collision for the pits,so we can't walk on them.

7. Hotkey for grabbing nearest zed and drop it? ( Z, for example )

8. Sandbox option "1 sec to get bitten",like in Zombie movies ( TWD,for example )

9. Fix the "bug" on the screenshot. ( Floating crosses )

20170613140711_1.jpg

Edited by Drama_Setter
Upd

30 minutes ago, Drama_Setter said:

Well, i want to suggest some things.

1. Option to write names on crosses and read it by RMB? ( RMB > Read name > "Dude who still waits for NPC" )

2. Dirty / Ragged  clothes  can be identified by name ? ( Pants > Dirty pants,Pants > Ragged pants  )

3. Sounds for "Funeral process"? Sound of digging the grave,i mean.

4. Visible corpses in graves? ( Depends on how many are there )

5. Burial of the grave will be optional?

6. Make collision for the pits,so we can't walk on them.

7. Fix the "bug" on the screenshot.

Reveal hidden contents

20170613140711_1.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

UPD for 6. :

Players still can walk across this way,so this is not OP

20170613143852_1.jpg
Edited by Drama_Setter