RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

3 hours ago, junglistjim said:

Has anyone seen a street light on in 38.4?

Just realised that i havent seen any street lights - fighting in the dark - only played in Muldraugh and Rosewood though.

edit - set electricity to max - 6-12 months on

All lights seem to turn off every day or so even with power on for some rason

3 hours ago, The Sadiztik said:

Seriously, give us a hotkey to toggle on/off the new view guys.

That's my self-made, 2-story base and being there is basically like playing PZ blind.

I hope you'll fix that somehow asap. Besides that - love the updates!

ScreenShot_20170710175640.png

Don't go to the dentist in westpoint. The rooms are so obscured over there. I got scratched 3 times. I couldn't see what was going on, and a zombie latched on to my character. I didn't get zombified luckily.

2 hours ago, Patrick H said:

Don't go to the dentist in westpoint. The rooms are so obscured over there. I got scratched 3 times. I couldn't see what was going on, and a zombie latched on to my character. I didn't get zombified luckily.

I'm not playing anymore, I just re-opened my old save with this new update just to see what it looks like and then got kinda disappointed, but anyway, I think I know what you are talking about, also there's a bug (?) there, that really close to the entrance doors but from the inside, I don't know if there's like a ledge or something on the right side, but if you go to one of the nearest rooms on the right and then into the corner of that room, you will be able to leap over back into the hallway almost next to the entrance doors but not the other way around. Can't really show it right now, maybe later I'll launch it but I'm kinda afraid because of what you said, my base is kinda big rn and I got big farms there and shitload of stuff, fortifications and whatnot and I'm not really ready to lose it, not just yet lol.

On 12.6.2017 at 6:42 PM, RobertJohnson said:

Free Trait Points: Adds free points during character creation.

That value can not be updated after you got to the trait selection screen. If you go back and insert a different value into "Free trait points", the trait points in the selection screen stay the same. Even going back to main menu doesn't fix it. You have to restart the game to be able to change that value again.

so a few things:

wash clothes > one works. wash clothes > all only does one.  And i cant clean my shoes !!

dig graves freaks out if the shovel is in backpack.

on a lighter note i present the hardest radio to find - can you spot the worlds loudest radio?:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/840335682676381751/7B95A5709AB76A1DDB42E77447C6F84C9EB5255B/

its there... right in front of me.

About new view and bugs: it's IWBUMS guys, it will contains weird bug and such, it can't be always perfect on the first try :D if we add a button to toggle it, people will just turn it off whie it's bugged and we'll never have report on it...

@junglistjim: You can't wash your shoes as they don't really become dirty, i could add it, but i found shoes were ok to not be dirty, thanks for the wash all bug, will take a look :)

@Ronarch: In SP? Can you provide a screenshot so i can see the area? Also, it always bug, like even, if you reboot the game?

4 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

You can't wash your shoes as they don't really become dirty, i could add it, but i found shoes were ok to not be dirty, thanks for the wash all bug, will take a look :)

Eh? They get dirty for me, with clothing degradation being off in sandbox too

WXDxA1N.png

Then again I am playing on Vehicle Build so maybe that's the cause?

6 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

About new view and bugs: it's IWBUMS guys, it will contains weird bug and such, it can't be always perfect on the first try :D if we add a button to toggle it, people will just turn it off whie it's bugged and we'll never have report on it...

@junglistjim: You can't wash your shoes as they don't really become dirty, i could add it, but i found shoes were ok to not be dirty, thanks for the wash all bug, will take a look :)

@Ronarch: In SP? Can you provide a screenshot so i can see the area? Also, it always bug, like even, if you reboot the game?

It's not for the bugs, it's for the evident flaw where people can't see where they are going until they reach the back of the 2 story building they are going by. This problem will explode 10-fold once Louisville goes under way with all of those tall buildings. A few people have posted good examples of why a toggle for this is probably better.

Even if it's not right now, it is better in the long run to add the option as a toggle.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

5 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

It's not for the bugs, it's for the evident flaw where people can't see where they are going until they reach the back of the 2 story building they are going by. This problem will explode 10-fold once Louisville goes under way with all of those tall buildings. A few people have posted good examples of why a toggle for this is probably better.

Even if it's not right now, it is better in the long run to add the option as a toggle.

I'd have to say I agree here, but mostly because... well, there's really no other way. I CAN see not adding such a thing pre-release so that the bugs have a chance to get ironed out like Robert said, and I can respect that mindset. For testing purposes, I can get behind that.

However, lets consider the full stable release (or even close to stable release) for a moment here "in the long term" as Kim mentioned... See, there is technically a reason why the rooftop update cannot work as a permanent viewpoint, and it's actually a quite simple reason. Let's consider the fact that as it stands now, you cannot see behind buildings as you are moving until you get behind them, obviously that poses a threat to survival and makes people feel like they are walking around blind... (seriously, try this update out in Bedford Falls.. you'll actually start to legit hate rooftops). So... then let's say the fix to this is to make all buildings within your line of sight have all the backs of buildings you are looking down disappear. Sure, that WOULD in fact work..but, wouldn't it make the rooftop update pointless all together since the whole point is to be able to see the roofs? You might not be able to get a good scope of the size of the building you are passing by if you are coming in behind it then, and what is actually a massive sky scrapper you might mistake for a 1 story building.

I'm in no way saying more work shouldn't be put into ironing out how things work with roofs, and trying to find what works and what doesn't... but I would argue that choice is the better and biggest factor of all here. I just don't see why anyone should be forced into a specific sort of view point in a game like this. I hate to draw comparisons between games because I feel like it takes away from originality, but this is a case where I would say something like the sims for example allows you that freedom of view because they understand that dependent on the situation that someone may find themselves in that people may want to be able to see certain different views of their house and surroundings for whatever given reason, and that the freedom to do so themselves is more efficient than trying to tie it to the position of their character or camera... and that's without having to worry about getting eaten alive by a horde of zombies. ;-)

Edited by KinaUndead

"

Changed how custom maps are loaded:

• After selecting your mod, you now arrive on the "select spawn location" screen and no more "select map" screen to avoid confusion.
  • Every map mods enabled is now loaded, including their spawnpoints.
  • It means you don't need to code your own multiple maps mod to load more than one.

"

Hi. This is great. But I noticed that this, or something else in IWBUMS seems to break all AIZ map mods, when it should not. AIZ basically takes all map data and puts it into a "Kentucky" map directory, which has map.info lots=Muldraugh, KY, and then all custom spawn directories similar to Rosewood, KY & West Point, KY in that they basically just have a map.info & spawnpoints.lua with the lots=Kentucky.  Thought that might be a problem but even when I spawn selecting 'Kentucky', with all the custom map data there, it does not work (no custom maps loaded), when it should.  Oddly when I had the spawnpoints.lua in Kentucky directory pointing to New Denver location, that map loaded, but  others did not. Not sure what is going on. 

Thanks!

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

Build IWBUMS 38.5

[New]
Changed how bodies make you ill, previously the bodies count was set on the current zone (and it could be really big) now a custom 30x30 tiles zone is created, meaning bodies illness/flies will spread only on 30 tiles.

[Balance]
Changed how bleeding from a scratch evolve, it should now resolve faster to avoid bleeding while the scratch is over.

[Bug Fix]
Fixed flies sound emitter overlapping.
Fixed possible lags due to bodies on ground.
Fixed problem with custom map loading (conflict detector on his way!).
Added missing recipes with dirty rags.
Added missing recipe for cleaning shoes.

15 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build IWBUMS 38.5

[New]
Changed how bodies make you ill, previously the bodies count was set on the current zone (and it could be really big) now a custom 30x30 tiles zone is created, meaning bodies illness/flies will spread only on 30 tiles.

[Bug Fix]
Fixed flies sound emitter overlapping.

Neither getting sick or flies work for me at all. There's nothing. Not in MP or SP (In Vehicle Build (38.4) it worked only in MP but not in SP), I tried various sandbox settings, verifying integrity of game files, playing without any mods etc. It just doesn't work at all.

18 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Neither getting sick or flies work for me at all. There's nothing. Not in MP or SP (In Vehicle Build (38.4) it worked only in MP but not in SP), I tried various sandbox settings, verifying integrity of game files, playing without any mods etc. It just doesn't work at all.

I noticed that pre-existing corpses aren't ''active'' untill you interact with the corpses.
By ''active'' i mean that they won't cause dissease. You either kill one in the vicinity of other dead zombies or place one near an already existing pile.
There's nothing else that works.

Edited by Patrick H

3 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

I noticed that the corpses aren't ''active'' untill you interact with the corpses.
By ''active'' i mean that they won't cause dissease. You either kill one in the vicinity of other dead zombies or place one near an already existing pile.
There's nothing else that works.

Welp, I just tried all of the above and that nice pile of 1000 corpses on my test save is still inactive. Then on another one, nothing.

That feature just refuses to work for me.