RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

2 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Is this for everyone, or are these individual cases? [performance issues, not flies]

It would be great to get more feedback please.

Seems ok for me. No fps drops.(around 300-400 corpses around my base)
i don't hear flies, but maybe that's because all corpses lie there around month or two. 

have got a problem with this version (don't know it it was 2-3 versions befor too as I didn't had the time to test):

if I walk left and right from room to room the furnitures are jerking - like all the sprites/items have mini-freezes - it is NOT all the time but mostly if I enter a dark (fog of war) room and go back and again and again - left to right and right to left...  it will stop than and it is running without problems.. but chancing the room again and... well...

it is not a freezing of the game as the player-sprite is walking without jerks all the time .. it's only the furniture (as far as I have tested it atm)

sorry, can't explain it better :/

Edited by King-Salomon

36 minutes ago, King-Salomon said:

have got a problem with this version (don't know it it was 2-3 versions befor too as I didn't had the time to test):

if I walk left and right from room to room the furnitures are jerking - like all the sprites/items have mini-freezes - it is NOT all the time but mostly if I enter a dark (fog of war) room and go back and again and again - left to right and right to left...  it will stop than and it is running without problems.. but chancing the room again and... well...

it is not a freezing of the game as the player-sprite is walking without jerks all the time .. it's only the furniture (as far as I have tested it atm)

sorry, can't explain it better :/

Any chance you could take a video?

Anyone else seen anything like this?

8 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Weird, it worked with Bedford here, you add the map in the workshop in the server settings?

24 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Steam workshop tab, not mods tab when enabling mods. For Steam-enabled servers 

Will take a look.

Sorry, I didn't notice steam workshop tab.

It's working. :)

But, there is some problem.

Error occurred same as in the movie When Mod enable at Steam workshop tab and Mods tab.

New issue after recent update. Multiplayer server.

State of doors is not saving, coming back to all of the base doors wide open sometimes after returning to the area.

Also, new lighting issues, where the switch will say "off", but the lights will come back on, sometimes within seconds.

The spawnregions file continuously gets reverted back to the stock map spawns, not the custom cabin spawns I have created. I've tried editing the file directly and using the setting changer under hosting servers. 

This is server does not use Steam MP.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

1 hour ago, Kim Jong Un said:

The spawnregions file continuously gets reverted back to the stock map spawns, not the custom cabin spawns I have created. I've tried editing the file directly and using the setting changer under hosting servers. 

This is server does not use Steam MP.

Hey glorious leader, any chance you have remove Riverside from the file? It should be reset once if Riverside is not here, but then it should be ok... I'm gonna investigate more.

Anyone with custom map loading problem? (like having Bedford but can't go in Muldraugh, etc...)

On 14/09/2017 at 8:21 PM, EnigmaGrey said:
On 14/09/2017 at 7:54 PM, Pistolero said:

Same for the singleplayer, i just tested it.

And yes the problem concern only the windows and not the doors.

Is this because of a specific setting in sandbox? They seem to be happily destroying my windows so far, but I'll reinstall the game just in case Steam left some bits behind.

In sandbox, for example I use the survival mode presets with "random" selected for zombie strength. The issue seems to be always present regardless the choosen values for the others parameters in sandbox.

Of course still there with the last build 38.15.

So  I'm not entirely sure when this started happening and at first I thought it was because I switched to 12 months after the apocalypse in my sandbox settings recently. (i was trying to make it a little harder on myself)

Entire sections of the map southwest of westpoint are not loading for me. I removed all my mods and reinstalled with the latest IWBUMS branch just to be sure it wasn't a mod. (at least i hope not I wiped everything from my steamapps/common, and *usename/users/zomboid folder before the reinstall so hopefully there weren't any files left hanging around. I also loaded it without the advanced months to see if it had something to do with erosion but the chuncks are still missing.  it starts with a few error's but climbs above 100 in a matter of seconds if i just keep walking SW from westpoint's western edge. I hadn't noticed for a long time because i usually spawn in muldraugh and only noticed it because i was moving camp to the cabin by the lake west of westpoint.

Am also experiencing zombies un able to break glass unless i am asleep. Mine are set on weak, not random.

this is my console file from the game these shots are taken in.

[update 2 hrs later]

visting the same road on the public stable version to see if it's unrelated to IWBUMS. Everything is fine, no missing map chunks. Loaded each mod individually and loaded into my save in between each one to see if maybe it had something to do with the mods I had loaded. Nothing happened. Going to reinstall again and reload IWBUMS with no mods to see if the map chunks are still missing and i didn't just get a bad steam install or something.

[update 4 hrs later]

re installed IWBUMS loaded new game with no mods. map chunks still missing.

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.5919310523727634,0.08356785822753574,26.623333280885237

this is the section of map i'm pretty sure started disappearing incase anyone can manage to recreate the bug to make sure it isn't just on my end.

console.txt

20170921170011_1.jpg

20170921170015_1.jpg

20170921170056_1.jpg

Edited by window98
wanted to add a few more lines of text/pictures and coords of the location to help track down the problem

13 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed custom map problem in MP.
  • Fixed spawn regions problem in MP.
  • Fixed lights not being synced.
  • Fixed sync problem with doors.
  • Disabled flies sound in MP for now (will prob make it return in public once it's fixed)

@RobertJohnson I think there is still some kind of issue with maps. The problem might be because of the recent changes to map loading or the mods themselves need to be updated to these changes. These are the outstanding issues that I'm seeing.

1. When you create a new game with the sewn map mod the game will sometimes throw the 'Sorry an error has occurred' right before you enter the world. The console log says that the character can't be created because the location is null or something to that effect. This to me sounds like the map region/tile/area could not loaded/created. Looking at the folder for that world, nothing is created except the radio folder.

2. Lag due to map loading/calculations.

I did some tests/scenarios and this is what I found:

Scenario 0. Existing game #0 with sewn maps mod installed (among other mods). Character and base in Bedford Falls.

Scenario 1. New Game #1 with sewn maps mod installed (among other mods). Spawn in Bedford Falls (ALL MAPS ACTIVATED) option. 'Sorry an error has occurred' window pops up. The console log says that the character can't be created because the location is null or something to that effect. Cannot continue game at that point.

Scenario 2. New Game #2 with sewn maps mod installed (among other mods).. Spawn in Muldraugh (ALL MAPS ACTIVATED) option. Game loads fine.

Scenario 3. Copied character file from Game #0 to Game #2. Again, the character is located in Bedford Falls. Black screen when entering the game - cannot see character or world. This shows that Bedford Falls is not being loaded in Game #2.

Scenario 4. Copied 'map_ver.bin' from Game #0 to Game #2. Bedford Falls loads but I am experiencing 1sec lag every 5 to 10 secs.

Scenario 5. Exited Game #2 and went back into Game #2 (yes same game). Black screen when entering the game - cannot see character or world. I looked at 'map_ver.bin' and see that the contents have been changed to something else. 'DEFAULT' was changed to 'Muldraugh, KY' I'm not sure if the mod itself changed this or the main program did this.

Scenario 6. Copied 'map_ver.bin' from Game #0 to Game #2. Bedford Falls loads but I am experiencing 1sec lag every 5 to 10 secs again.

Scenario 7. Disabled 'sewn maps' mod. Enabled 'Bedford Falls' mod. Entered Game #2. NO LAG whatsoever! (remember my character is still in Bedford Falls). So it seems like the issue is either with sewn maps mod, or the loading of the maps themselves. I'm thinking it's the recent changes because i did not experience the 5-10 sec lag until the most recent 38.10+ updates.

Scenario 8. Enabled sewn maps mod. Disabled 'Bedford Falls' mod. Created Game #3. Spawn in Bedford Falls (ALL MAPS ACTIVATED). This time I was able to spawn in but I spawned in woods. Ran for a long time and saw nothing but woods!

Not sure what to think at this point.

tbh, the all maps mod pack has its own issues due  a number of changes it makes to get spawn points to work.

So I don't know if it's specifically a problem with this build that RJ'll have to address or something on the mod author's part, due to the new way maps are handled.

Will try to reproduce it and see.