RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

30 minutes ago, agreubill said:

So (from what i see), it's tied to tile definition and can't be altered in any way (but code) ?

I tried to change the room definition in that area in-game via lua so it's all identified as outside but it never stuck or made an effect really so probably yeah.

Edited by Svarog

there is also something "strange" in this picture:

PZ -bug 04.jpg

the one part is totally blacked out even if you could "see" it at least in parts from the positition but the part behind the player is not blacked out at all even if THIS place couldn't be seen at all... 

guess the blacked out part is not working as it should

PZ -bug 05.jpg

also, with the 2nd picture the room wall is getting transparent way to late to work right (but that is a minor one)

Edited by King-Salomon

15 minutes ago, King-Salomon said:

snip

The first one ties into what I posted above, it's pretty much exactly that.

The second one I can confirm, sometimes objects in corners are not visible if they're surrounded by other objects or at least they're visibly a lot darker. I assume that's because technically the player's view of the tile is blocked from all sides by objects on adjacent objects.

On 08/08/2017 at 1:04 AM, Patrick H said:

I can finally navigate through player made buildings again! Whooo!
But are fences supposed to show up?

lowerfencesshowingup.png

Hey Patrick, could I get a better description of what's happening here? Maybe a daylight shot too if you're playing?

You're inside the house, but external attached walls are still visible?

2 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Hey Patrick, could I get a better description of what's happening here? Maybe a daylight shot too if you're playing?

Looks like he's standing on the ground floor but the fences that are one floor above don't disappear along with the rest of objects on higher floors.

Possibly because if I recall correctly, those fences are "outside" the building as far as the grid square they're placed on is concerned. I think technically they're not connected to the floor on upper level Instead they're on a separate tile which doesn't have any floor for the game to register and make invisible with everything on it.

I hope this makes sense... It did in my head and then I read it and I'm not sure anymore.

Edit: The Fences on the north part of the second floor do disappear and that is what got me thinking about the "Fence not becoming invisible due to not having floor on the same tile"

Edit 2: Screenshot, highlight shows every object on the tile. In his base the fences on Z=1 that don't disappear exist on tiles that have no floor.

42dhtfr.png

Edited by Svarog
Fix

4 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

The legs of my character are blocked by the fences i'm talking about.
Svarog described it perfectly.

On 8/7/2017 at 4:33 PM, Svarog said:

Screenshot should be self explanatory.

Hide contents

3OQJ9QM.png

Edit: Above is related to below, I don't need to be looking in to get this effect, just standing under the canopy results in this.

Where's that located on map.projectzomboid.com? 

19 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

Looks like it's just a problem with peeking distance then. You get the same effect if you look through the open door. 

(Nope, am wrong. Happens even when you don't look while standing on two or three tiles of the porch.)

Thanks, Patrick and Svarog!

Screenshots: Confirming my theory on what Patrick reported

Spoiler

l0YhBR8.pngMBU31XT.png

And another showing the house I showed before but without peeping through the window, seems that some roof tiles are just glitchy. Also, note how the pillar connecting Southern and Eastern walls is invisible, this happens with every such pillar, they become invisible before the walls do and it looks off.

Spoiler

6Y2AF0i.png

Edit: There's this too
pCMAtcF.png

Edited by Svarog

I've built a two story house on top of a pre existing house and the top floor covers a chunk of downstairs. It also shows the single wall I put to cover the stairs entrance for some reason.  edit: sorry, It's the wall behind the one I mentioned. added a 3rd screenshot.

20170810170335_1.jpg

20170810170807_1.jpg

20170810171644_1.jpg

Edited by TheLeonBM

Also, about weird files : 

i have found interesting textures of damaged limbs in ProjectZomboid\media\ui\BodyDamage.

1.  Blue lighting limbs. Is it supposed to be ingame? If you making heal, limbs will be blue?

2.  Glass in the foots. Ingame you can "get" broken glass only if your hands.. Whut is this?

first texture - http://imgur.com/a/HmFso 

Second texture -  http://imgur.com/a/i4bKx

Upd : would be good if we see mileage gauge in the future.

Edited by DramaSetter

1 hour ago, tekguy said:

Hello!

I found a bug playing survival on IWBUMS branch.   If you punch a window and get a scratch,   the scratch will heal but the bleeding will not.   This leads to a wound that bleeds forever.

Was there a shard of glass stuck in you? If you used tweezers to pull it out, you're left with a deep wound that will continue bleeding until it's stitched up.

This happened to me about a month ago - I saw a thread on here that mentioned the same issue, and also stated it would be fixed in build 38. So once I saw that I started a new game and the issue never reoccurred - the old save where I already started bleeding forever never healed though. If it's a long-term save it could be that you have to suck it up and start again.

https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?app=tcbugtracker&module=tracker&controller=issues&id=1020

On 8/1/2017 at 8:43 AM, agreubill said:

Hopefully for those who have thounsands of corpses to clean :P

Make corpses unable to burn outside of the campfire ; make them needed to be put inside and give it a burning timer (like a progression bar as any cooked thing) ; a corpse is 10 unit of encumbrance, and firecamp can get 50 i thk (5 corpses so, like graves). So, it's fair.

Other option is the possibility to dig mass graves (4x4 tiles), longer to create and max exhaustion, for more than five corpses (count more or less 25 ?).

Fuck that. Its so much easier to throw some flame traps and pipe bombs at corpses