RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

21 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Radio and TV stations have four 'time slots' every day - is it possible that you're listening at a time of day that's missed the 'early morning' time slot? 

No,it's not.

edit:
Radio and TV stations start to broadcast from "second time(day 2) early morning" at 
Scenario mode: FirstWeek, Survival.

Sandbox mode: Initial InfectionFirstWeek, Survival.

we.thumb.png.577b582863eb8d4b20eb65866e612ae3.png
Edited by alicia_praesepe

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

So what happens on modes other than Sandbox?

Can't check atm but maybe default sandbox preset starts a day (or few hrs) later than other main modes. If broadcasts are dependent on current in-game date it could be thay? I can't imagine many people change the default date.

I saw someone complain about some being wrong with broadcasts and in-game date some time ago. Can't recall if it was this or something else.

9 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

So what happens on modes other than Sandbox?

I've actually tried bringing this up before. In nearly every mode you start on the date of July 9, 1993. I'm assuming that's when the first broadcasts are supposed to play. But they don't. Instead it skips ahead to the broadcast where General John McGrew makes a statement to the public, in which he explicitly states that he is making the statement on the 14th of July, even though it's the 9th. It seems like the first few days worth of broadcasts don't play and it just skips ahead to Day 3 or 4 in the broadcasts whenever you start up a new game.

Got home, decided to test. Started a game In Survival and Sandbox, first thing I tuned into is WLBM news on TV, then did it again on two more fresh saves, immediately tuned into KnoxTalk radio got the exact same thing on all four attempts.

Edit: IMO, If something glitches out somewhere it's probably a sync issues with some specific 'channel' and not with the whole thing.

Edited by Svarog

I found some mistakes my post.

"Sixmonth" operate correctly at Scenario mode and Sandbox mode.

Scenario mode: Initial Infection only.

Scenario mode: FirstWeek, Survival.

Sandbox mode: Initial InfectionFirstWeek, Survival.

Edited by alicia_praesepe

May have forgotten version number, who knows. Too late to change now. Will reupload later.

• Fixed new custom map loader not overriding vanilla cells.
  • Map updated to include room defs on flat roof/canopy squares to eliminate ugy blacked out overhangs in new rendering system
  • Removed deprecated tile culling code -- this was removing anything that tried to render between the player and the camera in a small radius around the player. This was a catch all for overhangs and canopies that should all now be hidden more cleanly.
  • Improved the logic that hides the upper levels of buildings when player is not indoors (no room def in the square) and the building might obscure our view of them -- should hide the building when you're behind it but also when you're under a canopy the belongs to it
  • Fixed blood splatters rendering on hidden upper floors of buildings
  • Player-built walls should become transparent just like pre-built ones do when they are obscuring play
  • Player-built floors should become hidden just like pre-built ones
  • Improved visibility when peeking through windows. Walls should become transparent to fully reveal rooms.
  • Improved "window peeking" to include doors with glass.
  • Peeking through doors and windows should be blocked by blinds and curtains
  • CTRL key no longer gets trapped by the inventory and fails to work in combat
  • Items that can't be made frozen by freezers would often be spawned ‘frozen’ in freezers, and then would never melt. Unfreezable items no longer spawn frozen in freezers.
  • Salmon no longer shows nutritional information without the nutritionist trait.
  • Crafting recipes using logs now give XP for carpentry – just as with planks. A notched plank created using a log, for example, now gives XP – just as it would with a plank.
  • Rice can now be transferred to bowls – previously cooked rice wouldn't let you transfer without adding another ingredient.
  • Fixed reading books not ending when last page was read.
  • Turning oven on or off from oven setting panel is now synced with inventory bar.
  • Several missing movable items are now movable. Thanks Svarog.
  • Many general Map bugs fixed.
  • MP: Server Saving message now appears as a central Spiffo image notification.

Something that we need is MP bug hunting for the building rendering changes (visual oddities rather than anything else) so if people spin up a new server then please let us know if you see anything weird.

KNOWN ISSUE: A weird one in which the north-westernmost roof square of a building stays hidden after the other squares reappear for some reason. Shouldn't be too hard to fix - will be sorted in the next build.

Thanks to Woofikus Loopikus for the image.

aware of this weirdness.png

Screenshot should be self explanatory.

Spoiler

3OQJ9QM.png

Edit: Above is related to below, I don't need to be looking in to get this effect, just standing under the canopy results in this.

2 hours ago, lemmy101 said:

Improved the logic that hides the upper levels of buildings when player is not indoors (no room def in the square) and the building might obscure our view of them -- should hide the building when you're behind it but also when you're under a canopy the belongs to it

Edited by Svarog

great job guys :D

some little things I wanted to mention:

1) when you are running against a house wall - you get a clipping bug with the wall files even if you are not running anymore but walking along the wall (picture)

5988f2f15e406_PZ-wallbug01.png.543a3f654721812be9540448f5a9303c.png

2) in the picture there are most of the roof files missing (not sure that is wat)

3) if you look through a window, you have to stand nearly right in front of the window.. shouldn't you be able to look into a house through a window without curtain at least a little bit?

Edit:

4) other roof-tiles are missing also sometimes

PZ - roof bug 02.jpg

5) also you can see single white pixels sometimes.. which is irritating sometimes

6) also roof bug which is irritating:

PZ - roof bug 03.jpg

7) were you be able to drink nonstop for hours before? I THOUGHT you could only drink if you were a little bit thirsty? Could drink from sink for hours again and again...

Edited by King-Salomon

5 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Something that we need is MP bug hunting for the building rendering changes (visual oddities rather than anything else) so if people spin up a new server then please let us know if you see anything weird.

KNOWN ISSUE: A weird one in which the north-westernmost roof square of a building stays hidden after the other squares reappear for some reason. Shouldn't be too hard to fix - will be sorted in the next build.

Thanks to Woofikus Loopikus for the image.

aware of this weirdness.png

Can you fix mine too? :D (2tiles behind my character)
There used to be a toilet here.
My base is at the construction site, north east of West point.

blackspot.png

Edited by Patrick H
Forgot to mention the location of my base

9 hours ago, Patrick H said:

Can you fix mine too? :D (2tiles behind my character)
There used to be a toilet here.
My base is at the construction site, north east of West point.

blackspot.png

I don't know that area of the map too well.

Is it a player-constructed toilet, or on the existing map?

How many tiles did it occupy?

Can you walk through where it used to be? Is it invisible, or just gone? 

2 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

I don't know that area of the map too well.

Is it a player-constructed toilet, or on the existing map?

How many tiles did it occupy?

Can you walk through where it used to be? Is it invisible, or just gone? 

https://map.projectzomboid.com/#0.7935553050937872,0.08823257801049568,731.7026858213617

And yes, i can walk through it. It seems to light up a little when i look at it's direction, but it's still darker than normal.

Edited by Patrick H

Just now, Batsphinx said:

Okay cool - maybe ChrisW's system doesn't like one-tile 'buildings' too much. Good catch!

I've had this spot for a while actually, i thought the bug was too rare to mention.
I don't think it has anything to do with ChrisW's system.

2 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Ah okay, well then maybe it's a Mash thing. It's a good thing to notice in any case.

A man needs his toilets.

Oh, no i actually destroyed the toilet myself.
The black spot is just a leftover i cant get rid of.
I should add that i did not forget to also remove the toilet's ''rooftop''

Edited by Patrick H

@Batsphinx

What Patrick H is describing is actually fairly easy to reproduce with every single building in the game. Just destroy it and what will be left is a bunch of visibility issues because of the way the game handles whether or not a "room" is visible.

In most buildings you can enter the kitchen and every other room blacks out if you're not looking at it. Having an entire building, all of it's walls destroyed and looking at it from outside is problematic.

The video should show what I mean, I have the debug stuff on the left so you can see how the room def changes and what effect it has on visibility of surrounding world.

Spoiler

28 minutes ago, Svarog said:

@Batsphinx

What Patrick H is describing is actually fairly easy to reproduce with every single building in the game. Just destroy it and what will be left is a bunch of visibility issues because of the way the game handles whether or not a "room" is visible.

In most buildings you can enter the kitchen and every other room blacks out if you're not looking at it. Having an entire building, all of it's walls destroyed and looking at it from outside is problematic.

The video should show what I mean, I have the debug stuff on the left so you can see how the room def changes and what effect it has on visibility of surrounding world.

Hide contents

Good find. I didn't look at it that way.

1 hour ago, Svarog said:

So (from what i see), it's tied to tile definition and can't be altered in any way (but code) ?