RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

5 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

20170701051929_1.jpg

This along the flies problem was my main complain from this IWBUMS right now.

Seriously the roof update is nice and all since i can see what the buildings look like now, but there is no reason whatsoever to have the roof cover your character and give you a very small hole of view to work with, going into a gas station was stuff of nightmares because i couldnt tell what was in front of me or where the damn pumps were in mere seconds of looting.

In my opinion they need to remove having the roof covering your line of sight of your character, i just cant stand it.

@Snaiper has a really good post in https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20738-build-38-and-beyond-small-but-important-suggestions-thread/&page=18 that summarize a lot of people's issues with the gameplay change part of not being able to see behind buildings.

Unfortunately this just simply goes beyond wanting to see zed (that part is fine) simply wanting to see where you would be going as you approach these walls is probably more important than having your view blocked by a second floor.

It may not be what you were going for, but perhaps a useful compromise to these issues would be to have it so the roof viewing does not happen when the player is facing a building that is within the eyesight range, and will return to the regular multi-level view when they are looking away or if the building is too far away (out of the eyesight range).

Edited by Kim Jong Un

3 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

@Snaiper has a really good post in https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/20738-build-38-and-beyond-small-but-important-suggestions-thread/&page=18 that summarize a lot of people's issues with the gameplay change part of not being able to see behind buildings.

Unfortunately this just simply goes beyond wanting to see zed (that part is fine) simply wanting to see where you would be going as you approach these walls is probably more important than having your view blocked by a second floor.

It may not be what you were going for, but perhaps a useful compromise to these issues would be to have it so the roof viewing does not happen when the player is facing a building that is within the eyesight range, and will return to the regular multi-level view when they are looking away or if the building is too far away (out of the eyesight range).

It sounds like automatically determining what you should want to see is problematic or technically challenging?

How difficult would it be to let you toggle between the traditional view, that gives more of a view of your current z-level, and one that allows you to see the newer outside/roof view? 

I'm thinking of the tab key (that lets you rotate furniture placement and select what you want to destroy with a sledge on a given tile) as an obvious toggle.  Or make it a function of the zoom level -- at the 2 closest zoom levels you get something more permissive of your z-level, at farther zooms, you switch to the "outside" view.

14 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

This along the flies problem was my main complain from this IWBUMS right now.

Seriously the roof update is nice and all since i can see what the buildings look like now, but there is no reason whatsoever to have the roof cover your character and give you a very small hole of view to work with, going into a gas station was stuff of nightmares because i couldnt tell what was in front of me or where the damn pumps were in mere seconds of looting.

In my opinion they need to remove having the roof covering your line of sight of your character, i just cant stand it.

That'd be because it's a bug / unintended. 

Got to keep that in mind when playing these builds. 

3 hours ago, Zorak said:

Or just make a hotkey to toggle old and new way od view.

As much as making the old one optional could put off the issue, it doesn't actually fix the issue. The thing is, I want to be able to see the roof sometimes as well so I can get the full feel of the building/knowledge about floor levels.

However the opposite effect of seeing less happens as soon as you go to the rear and realize that you need to get behind the building (and within the walls) to actually see said wall and the doors and windows and other paths/items the rear holds. In a safe and perfect world where every player knows these things beforehand it's not so much an issue, but if you are running down the street from something and these things matter it can get quite annoying having to run along the back of every building to look for a way out as those extra steps could be your last.

It sounds like the PZ devs were interested in adding Louisville, a bigger city, so it would be a good thing to bring up now than end up doing it after a lot more people notice the issue in an area with a ton of tall buildings.

I don't just want to not have the feature because this issue is something that can be fixed, or at the very least programmed in a different way that avoids the issue (i.e. not seeing the upper level when the rear of a building is viewed and within your character's eyesight circle).

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Suggestiong :

1. Possibilty to bury unfilled graves for RP reason ( you don't need to fill the grave if you want to bury a person.For that option you also needed bag of dirt to fill the space  )

2.Possibilty to quit in menu after you got error when entering server. It's annoying as hell starting your PZ again,wait for loading..

IhopeYouUnderstandWhatImean.png

Edited by DramaSetter

2 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

I don't think sheetropes are supposed to break, especially when sitting in a crate.

brokensheetropes.png

I really dislike the way things "Break" in PZ. Wouldn't it be so much better if it just produced two pieces of useless torn rags to start a fire with? Or if breaking an axe resulted in getting the Axe head that can be used to make a new Axe if you can make or find a handle, same with shovels and knives? That kind of stuff.

Either that or just have them disappear instead of lingering on forever as useless junk that only serves to make the save files bigger.

20 minutes ago, Svarog said:

I really dislike the way things "Break" in PZ. Wouldn't it be so much better if it just produced two pieces of useless torn rags to start a fire with? Or if breaking an axe resulted in getting the Axe head that can be used to make a new Axe if you can make or find a handle, same with shovels and knives? That kind of stuff.

Either that or just have them disappear instead of lingering on forever as useless junk that only serves to make the save files bigger.

I really like how we can use broken guns to repair the same type of guns.
This creates a fair way of getting rid of these broken items that serve no further purpose in the game.
It would be cool if we could atleast do this with melee weapons too.

18 minutes ago, steiger said:

Yes, i know you can repair broken melee weapons, But it would be neat if we could use a baseball bat on another baseball bat to get rid of the broken weapon.
Weapons that have been repaired over 10 times would be inefficient to use your repair tools on. I usually just ditch weapons that have been repaired many times.
But it might be a little far fetched to repair a baseball bat with another baseball bat.

47 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

Yes, i know you can repair broken melee weapons, But it would be neat if we could use a baseball bat on another baseball bat to get rid of the broken weapon.
Weapons that have been repaired over 10 times would be inefficient to use your repair tools on. I usually just ditch weapons that have been repaired many times.
But it might be a little far fetched to repair a baseball bat with another baseball bat.

I think it's silly to be able to repair some weapons once they're broken. Baseball Bats, Planks etc. should just give unuseable wood once they break (That you can toss into a campfire) and items that have been fixed a few times too many shouldn't be repairable anymore (I can only imagine that some baseball bats contain more Wood Glue/Duct Tape than wood after a while)

I think there should be more of an incentive to maintain the equipment before it breaks but when it comes to rarer stuff, them breaking shouldn't be a total loss. Like I said with getting an Axe head when an axe is broken that then can be used to create a new axe.

All it would really need is to have a script thing that works much like ReplaceOnDeplete (Replaces the item with another item once it runs out of charges example Gas Can turns into Empty Gas Can) but instead replaces the item when it Breaks. Then it would be fairly easy to create a few items and for example add ReplaceOnBreak = UnuseableWood for besaball bat and ReplaceOnBreak = AxeHead for the Axe and if nothing was there it just removed the item completely.

I think it would be a cool little feature.

As for creating new axes with an axe head from a previous, broken one...

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about broken items becoming completely useless once broken. I suppose it would cause the player to keep a far better eye on their equipment, but there are times where RNG makes you quickly bust through two chunks of durability on two axe swings on a tree and BAM, now you've got a useless axe? Crap... seems harsh.

I watched my father break an axe once like a jackass (who tries to use an axe as a stepping stool while it's embedded into a tree? :-D) and so he removed the head and replaced the handle with a new one and affixed it with, naturally, some wood glue and a nail!

Maybe only some items should be rendered useless when broken and some should still be salvageable? Not every item is a black/white case of "when broken, this is now useless".

2 hours ago, Svarog said:

Or even worse,current system of breaking player buildings. Zeds punching wall for example,after that - it literally brokes,not just fall because of the pressures.

Edited by DramaSetter

18 minutes ago, FireOnAsphalt said:

Also, I'm not sure how I feel about broken items becoming completely useless once broken. I suppose it would cause the player to keep a far better eye on their equipment, but there are times where RNG makes you quickly bust through two chunks of durability on two axe swings on a tree and BAM, now you've got a useless axe?

I'm fine with the RNG placing semi-broken or used up items in houses/sheds/garages. It's downright silly when the formula applies itself to items in warehouses and stores.

I often can't find a single full Gas Can in a Gas Station, hell, most of the items in stores aren't worth much. They were actually selling this stuff half filled and half broken?