RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

2 minutes ago, sharkstertheshark said:

We really require protection from diseases ingame. There will be situations where people can not exactly just go grab zombie bodies and dispose of them. What if you are boxed in and under prolonged siege? Since the military will be in the game go further and implement gas masks/face masks and gloves? Even disposing of rotting bodies is going to be hazardous especially if you have to bury/burn a pile of them. We also need more diverse graves because 5 bodies for 3 tiles wont cut it if a group goes on a zombie murder spree and needs to bury 200 zombies. If it came to that graves would be redundant and people could get more done just by making molotovs and burning down the neighborhood.

15 bodies for one grave is a bug.

5 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

IWBUMS 38.2!

[New]

• Added random selection on zombie's: Strength, Toughness and Cognition.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed lampost still active when electricity was down.

I like where this is going.

Can we have a "random" option for the rest of zombie settings, pretty please?

EDIT:

Including the tick boxes :)

xjwbDlB.jpg

Edited by Geras

3 hours ago, Joosy69 said:

Would be nice if skin got dirty/bloody too, which would require you to bathe periodically to avoid infections.

In fact, there should be a thing for "personal hygiene".  If you go without washing for too long, you get unhappy.  Bathing makes you happy too, whether you need a bath or not.  Bathing prevents infections.  If you go too long without bathing, you get scabies, or something like that.

7 minutes ago, ditoseadio said:

Soap doesn't work...

And, if we put several TV's in the same place, the free XP party starts!

108600_20170614003911_1.png

You're just performing self-inflicted sensory overload to brainwash yourself into a better carpenter! :-D

Also, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but it appears you can only shove someone once on a multiplayer server... Haven't tested to see whether or not a server reset fixes this issue, but the main problem persists: only one shove. Does anybody else have this issue? My friend and I are just running a Steam server, with PumpPower and Wooden Dowels mods turned on.

First off, I'm in the category of waiting until implementing animations/clothing to do the dirty/bloody clothing thing. 

Secondly, is it me, or do the grave sprites seem too "clean"? Too "smooth"? I dunno, I was thinking of something dug more haphazardly, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to an actual sprite. 

Third, if disease from corpses is gonna be a thing, there should at least be some way to combat it. Gas masks, latex gloves, hazmat suits, etcetera. They can be rare and not 100% effective, but there should at least be SOMETHING to help stave off an airborne infection. 

1 hour ago, Brex said:

First off, I'm in the category of waiting until implementing animations/clothing to do the dirty/bloody clothing thing. 

Secondly, is it me, or do the grave sprites seem too "clean"? Too "smooth"? I dunno, I was thinking of something dug more haphazardly, but I'm not sure how well that would translate to an actual sprite.

Far as bloody clothes go, same here, I just can't play with it now, without any visuals it's just annoying me.

Graves look a lot better if the surrounding tiles are not grass but dirt instead, that's for sure, they stick out like a sore thumb when dug on anything else than dirt.

Beyond that I think they're too long and two tiles would have been fine for a single corpse graves and a 2x2 for small mass grave.

Edit: Dead zombie is like 1,7 tiles long (tall?).

Edited by Svarog

1 hour ago, Brex said:

I third this because of priority reasons. The random options are way more important gameplay-wise for me. And fixing sprinters in MP. I asked on Redboid server today who would like random/sprinter zombies and whole server (maybe 20 players) agreed. On the other hand we will wait anyway... xD

7 hours ago, Zorak said:

Thats why they need to increase bite / scratch chance vs players without any clothing. Also some good jacket that reduce bite / scratch chance would be cool.

Kevlar vests in police stations would be neat!

Once i got the sound of flies near corpses it didn't fade away when i got away from them.
The audio kept looping. A minor audio bug. 

Thank you for implementing this as a fair indicator.
Now the sickness won't catch me by surprise anymore :)
Praise the flies! 

EDIT: The ambient volume won't lower the sound of flies.
EDIT2: The audio didn't actually loop, i was still inside of the range of the corpses.
I think the range of the corpses causing this is a bit too much, and it seems to persist when indoors.
Here's a picture of where i was standing. The pile of corpses in front of my base is where the sound comes from.
(In front of the fences)

projectzomboidproblem3.png

Edited by Patrick H

6 hours ago, Patrick H said:

Once i got the sound of flies near corpses it didn't fade away when i got away from them.
The audio kept looping. A minor audio bug. 

Thank you for implementing this as a fair indicator.
Now the sickness won't catch me by surprise anymore :)
Praise the flies! 

EDIT: The ambient volume won't lower the sound of flies.
EDIT2: The audio didn't actually loop, i was still inside of the range of the corpses.
I think the range of the corpses causing this is a bit too much, and it seems to persist when indoors.
Here's a picture of where i was standing. The pile of corpses in front of my base is where the sound comes from.
(In front of the fences)

projectzomboidproblem3.png

And don't forget that sound still appears from graves,even buried.

Unexpected death by zombification without being bitten.
Received some scratches with eventually infection but all were cured.
Game parameters modified: Survival Sandbox with strength, speed, toughness and cognition set to random and with a ultra gore blood level.

Edited by Pistolero

The sound of flies doesn't only persist when indoors, but also on different elevations.
Although i'm not completely sure whether this was intentional or not, i think it's worth mentioning regardless.
I can still hear the sound of flies from this point.

Projectzomboidproblem4.png

About the new choice "random" for the zombie's parameters in the the Sandbox. After many tests, it seems that if "random" is selected for the strength associated with "random" (or "sprinter") for the speed then the zombies can't destroy the doors and the windows anymore.

PS : in fact the doors can be destroy, may be depending on the features of zombies hitting them but for the windows...

Edited by Pistolero

Flies sounds are a great addition but here's a few things.

- They're way too loud when a lot of corpses around. [I don't think sound options affects their volume]
- They're heard from way too far away [I'd limit it to 3-4 tiles in all directions of the corpse]
- There is one source of flies sound generated for each corpse around, it's insane when there is a lot of corpses in the area, at the most it should only be generated from 3 closes corpses.
Edit: I think the sounds stacking is what makes it really bad in terms of sound and volume.

- One of the sounds used for flies sounds awful, like nails against chalk board.

Edited by Svarog

Not sure if this has ben added to the game by now as I am just getting back into PZ but being able to have a log or plank in your possession and burn an individual corpse would be a nice way to help destroy the dead Z's.

Worst case one log/plank to "dry/cook" a zombie so that it is no longer a vector of contagion and possibly two to burn to ash, while three burns hot enough nothing is left. It would be a great deal of work of gathering the needed supplies but this could be done as a safer alternative to moving and burying of corpses.

Ahah, earing the flies for far away is a bug, it just help me testing and I forgot to remove it... Will change :D Will also make their sound lower & tied to ambient volume :)

For graves, it's in fact a bug that you can stack up to 15 bodies in them, will fix also.

Demmmm fixeeees!

I'm working on other "random" sandbox options but somes can be really tough to do and i wonder if it's worth it.. We'll see!

16 hours ago, Svarog said:

Graves look a lot better if the surrounding tiles are not grass but dirt instead, that's for sure, they stick out like a sore thumb when dug on anything else than dirt.

Beyond that I think they're too long and two tiles would have been fine for a single corpse graves and a 2x2 for small mass grave.

I also think crosses and such should be closer to the grave instead of half a tile away, it would look a lot more natural and better.

Something like this is what I'm generally talking about.

qAKUnEt.png

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Ahah, earing the flies for far away is a bug, it just help me testing and I forgot to remove it... Will change :D Will also make their sound lower & tied to ambient volume :)

For graves, it's in fact a bug that you can stack up to 15 bodies in them, will fix also.

Demmmm fixeeees!

I'm working on other "random" sandbox options but somes can be really tough to do and i wonder if it's worth it.. We'll see!

Sound effect is really sexy and neat! Reminds me of the TWD : The Game menu.

also completly сomplements the atmosphere of zombie - apocalypse !

What about make also a visual effect of flying around flies?

( Also,thanks for all you work. It'f really beatiful. PZ for me feels like the only zombie - surival game with so many details and great opportunities! )

Oh,yeah,the moons stages is changing,if you restart your game. Important part too.

And (sick!) fly sound still apears,even if corpses are burned / buried!!!

20170614221157_1.jpg

Edited by Drama_Setter

I have a question about the new dirty/bloodying mechanic, are you able to wash clothes to make them clean again or hasn't that been implimented yet? im asking because on my playthrough of the game i have gone through so many clothes that fresh clothes are beggining to become super rare.