RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

3 hours ago, ditoseadio said:

Fixed in my game ;)

Yay!

4 hours ago, PPanda0421 said:

@RobertJohnson Looks good in my game. After the 38.13 I gained a skill point upon entering the game and the experience required to reach next level was reset to 999. One thing I noticed was that my world was converted to a newer version. Were there perhaps other fixes not specified in the bug fix list, or was that the result of the MP flies bug fix? I'll do more testing later today to see if anything else was affected.

The world needed a new version in order to allow a reliable fix for the XP bug. We detect the old world version, do the conversion so going forward the original bug that was fixed (that caused this new bug) is fixed as well.

Edit: To anyone else who reads this, if you load up your game and the XP panel says something about having like negative million points, then don't play the save. Close it down and tell me so we can take a look at the save file, if you do something to earn XP it will make it harder to recover the save.

3 hours ago, thefu3z said:

Yeah mine has been reset to 999xp to next level. I got the free 1 level too. Pretty sure I earned like 20,000xp during the "crisis"... but I'll take it! It is a beta apocalypse after all. Survivors can't be choosers.

Doesn't matter - just died. Almost 4 months and 4000 zeds. Here we go again.

Appreciate the recent fixes, devs. Thanks for the hard work.

Is there a place where all build 38 differences from build 37.12 are listed?

I see a lot on page 1, but then I see others in this thread not on page 1 and I am wondering if I need to browse each page lol.

We are worried we will be getting a map wipe with the next patch so I am trying to figure things out

9 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

IWBUMS 38.13

[Bug Fix]

Fixed flies sound looping in MP & being way too loud. (multiple zones were created)

Fixed general experience points bug: We need feedback there, if people with broken save could tell us if now they have correct amount of xp points to next level, that'd be great (last thing before public release :))

I haven't noticed a difference here. I just got back into my safehouse after a while of playing, and suddenly they were in full effect in the center of the house. The place has been clean of corpses and blood for about a month IG time.

So, if IWBUMS 39 will be released today, we'll get the animations overhaul, ye?

I'll be more than happy to launch PZ once again and join in the testing and fun if that's the case!

Because I've been waiting a long time for this overhaul and I've been anxiously checking the mondoids for about a year now, not launching the game, just waiting for it.

Edit: Oh, hold on. Seems like there is actually no mention of build 39 including the animations overhaul anywhere, I have no idea where I came up with that. 

Edited by Manian

24 minutes ago, Manian said:

So, if IWBUMS 39 will be released today, we'll get the animations overhaul, ye?

I'll be more than happy to launch PZ once again and join in the testing and fun if that's the case!

Because I've been waiting a long time for this overhaul and I've been anxiously checking the mondoids for about a year now, not launching the game, just waiting for it.

Edit: Oh, hold on. Seems like there is actually no mention of build 39 including the animations overhaul anywhere, I have no idea where I came up with that. 

Talking about stable builds:

Build 38 is the current one with all dem features about roof stuff, dead bodies and dirty clothes making you sick and all that jazz.

Build 39 is probably going to be vehicles.

Build 40 is going to be features of vehicles (repair, damage, vehicle upgrades).

So dont expect animations any time soon, build 41 could be other feature set so dont think that after build 40 we might see them in build 40+.

2 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Talking about stable builds:

Build 38 is the current one with all dem features about roof stuff, dead bodies and dirty clothes making you sick and all that jazz.

Build 39 is probably going to be vehicles.

Build 40 is going to be features of vehicles (repair, damage, vehicle upgrades).

So dont expect animations any time soon, build 41 could be other feature set so dont think that after build 40 we might see them in build 40+.

Oh man, we're still that far off from the animations overhaul? Welp..

Is there supposed to be a new IWBUMS today? I was about to start a new save but if a new build is about to drop I'll just wait it out.   hmmmm

I post this and 10 seconds later a new update happens.  figures.   lol  Looking forward to Thursday now!

Edited by Zargo1z

4 hours ago, Manian said:

Oh man, we're still that far off from the animations overhaul? Welp..

Animations are just going to be added whenever they're done.

Remember, build numbers are essentially meaningless.

Pedantry aside, no: I wouldn't expect them any time soon, if only to save us all from agonizing over it. Let it be a surprise.

Hi, lag appears to be back. I'm killing zombies with my shotgun and I would get huge lag spikes with distorted/stuttering zombie sound. I'm using Windows 7 and twice I had the mouse turn into a circle and do that spinning thing. I alt-tab and see 'The <...Not Responding>' in the PZ window. During the gameplay I also noticed the console window showing something about COMMANDQUEUE: StallCount and it is increasing: Eg. StallCount=7, StallCount=8, ..,, StallCount=13. Another thing the console window mentions something about ZNetFriends and then calls some kind of method. Found it:  znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange I find it strange because I'm playing singleplayer. One thing, the lag might or might not be new (to the 38.13 build) because I haven't had a mass zombie killing for a few 38.xx releases.

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, PPanda0421 said:

Hi, lag appears to be back. I'm killing zombies with my shotgun and I would get huge lag spikes with distorted/stuttering zombie sound. I'm using Windows 7 and twice I had the mouse turn into a circle and do that spinning thing. I alt-tab and see 'The <...Not Responding>' in the PZ window. During the gameplay I also noticed the console window showing something about COMMANDQUEUE: StallCount and it is increasing: Eg. StallCount=7, StallCount=8, ..,, StallCount=13. Another thing the console window mentions something about ZNetFriends and then calls some kind of method. Found it:  znet: ZNetFriends::OnPersonaStateChange I find it strange because I'm playing singleplayer. One thing, the lag might or might not be new (to the 38.13 build) because I haven't had a mass zombie killing for a few 38.xx releases.

Any thoughts?

This build's  incomplete compared to the last one. It'll be a day or two before it's sorted.

22 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

IWBUMS 38.13

[Bug Fix]

Fixed flies sound looping in MP & being way too loud. (multiple zones were created)

Tested it and not solved yet... still happen the same issue (Now flies sound should not causes some lag but still happen the same as 38.12) I was connected on the server alone... kill zombies and acumulate the corpses on the campfire to burn it... another player connecting to the server... when the player spawn, flies sound becomes too loud and after burn corpses, sound non stop (sound radius its ok, but if i kill 10 zombies on my base on MP and there is 2 or more players, the sound never stops) :/

After close the server and open again i get a nullpointer issue on client console

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.save(IsoDeadBody.java:762)
    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.save(IsoGridSquare.java:1558)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Save(IsoChunk.java:1548)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.Save(IsoChunkMap.java:1115)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.save(IsoCell.java:5342)
    at zombie.GameWindow.save(GameWindow.java:1978)
    at zombie.GameWindow.save(GameWindow.java:1889)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1013)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:664)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1277)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1053)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)
sep 19, 2017 3:35:54 AM zombie.GameWindow save
GRAVE: null
    at zombie.iso.objects.IsoDeadBody.save(IsoDeadBody.java:769)
    at zombie.iso.IsoGridSquare.save(IsoGridSquare.java:1558)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunk.Save(IsoChunk.java:1548)
    at zombie.iso.IsoChunkMap.Save(IsoChunkMap.java:1115)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.save(IsoCell.java:5342)
    at zombie.GameWindow.save(GameWindow.java:1978)
    at zombie.GameWindow.save(GameWindow.java:1889)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1013)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:664)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1277)

Edited by Snakeman

Hi guys, trully sorry but there was some mixup with this build, I just made a new build that should add back all the optimization we've done.

Can you guys give me feedback on it? I'm aware of the custom map on coop not working, i'm working on it tomorrow before the public release :)

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Hi guys, trully sorry but there was some mixup with this build, I just made a new build that should add back all the optimization we've done.

Can you guys give me feedback on it? I'm aware of the custom map on coop not working, i'm working on it tomorrow before the public release :)

Thanks a lot!

Hi, sorry to report this but the the lag seems worse than the 38.13 build. I'm in my base just running around and I get short lag spikes (about 1 sec each) every 5-10 secs. There are no zombies (nor their bodies) near my base (I've converted them all into charcoal via the HC mod).

Will try to repeat killing a few hundred more zombies but this new lag is annoying when it occurs so often and I'm not even doing anything. Perhaps its because I have 1000s of zombie bodies scattered everywhere outside of my base?

Edited:

Did more testing:

Test 1. Disabled all mods except map and Hydrocraft mod. Issue described above exists.

Test 2. Disabled all mods except map mod. Issue described above exists.

Test 3. Disabled all mods altogether. Cannot see character/map tiles. This is expected as I'm in an area of the map mod. Getting rid of it removes that area and shows the character in an undefined location. In my game, I need the minimum map mod enabled.

Edited by PPanda0421
More Test Results

When load my SP save this spawn on console:
GRAVE: null
    at zombie.iso.LightingJNI.update(LightingJNI.java:386)
    at zombie.iso.LightingThread.update(LightingThread.java:466)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1296)

Later i will try MP

Well, i tried MP [38.14]
When 2 or more players kills massive zombies inside of a room = No flies.
When 2 or more player kills massive zombies in exterior = flies (loud and non stop sound after burn all corpses)

if i'm alone on the server... flies system seems not working (Inside and outside)
The sound of flies become too loud after time passes...
Exterior lights (streetLights) are off...
When load my save on MP and spawn in a room, lights inside = on... but exterior lights (Attached to the wall outside = off)
Errors when i try to make a evolved recipe (HotDrink) with watermug + sugar(maybe sugar causes issue because its drainable and not food?)