RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

8 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Yep, that's the question.

Fast learner trait? Profession related to those specific skills?

It's still possible all this is a bug, after all.

On the screenshot I posted, the right character is unemployed and the left is farmer (so only 3 points in farming I believe).

We are playing in Splitscreen Coop, so maybe it's related to this. I don't know.

We both have "Thick skin", "Organized", "Nyctalope", "Resilient". And the right character is also "Herbalist".

Edited by Christophlette

4 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Yep, that's the question.

Fast learner trait? Profession related to those specific skills?

It's still possible all this is a bug, after all.

I do always use fast learner. And I'm an engineer in that particular save. 

Edited by TheLeonBM

I realize this is in the vehicle build, Not sure if this should go in the vehicle build as this was taken in the vehicle build, but it is still map issues. 

Actual bugs:

Spoiler

Sheet layering is incorrect, it goes behind the door but not behind the doorframe.

88771125C478E079F475024CE704A5E9F1C3F61E

Also double-door wackiness:

9B004F7A47A5EAA03082B0A21C97F428D9646435

Kimmie J's second post on map wackiness for @MashPotato

1. Issues in small town between Riverside and Muldraugh

Spoiler

Missing tile:

91D3634DCD4346EEF66074E5069034EF48A20745

The roof of the town hall goes into the second floor, this was reported back when the map was accidentally released ahead of time.

B319B06C5ACCF100A244569A0A74223340938B0C

623E803DDB5AE50C242C18AB034FAF29CAE5015D

C304C36B4B690D87EC115BA70336AB762AE54E85

2. Country Club Issues Part 2

Spoiler

Layering Wackiness!

11AA71C324EEE082B38B72FA5208D1A9E47C57AA

71846C53242317FC2D619665E50220D678C8209F

*Also missing a strip of floor

F8C1A57337E12CDA9E79DD027A219B273920F464

AC45A58F52232449E13D82FB78755FCF86B6A849

Stacked tables

4DE40CD1A08A463C420DED0D00CF8DFB2751F929

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Maybe they were cleaning or had extra tables so they just stacked them???

I mean we used to do that crap where I worked. But usually we put the stacked table upside down onto the other or closed the legs and put it flat on another.

17 minutes ago, wsensor said:

Maybe they were cleaning or had extra tables so they just stacked them???

I mean we used to do that crap where I worked. But usually we put the stacked table upside down onto the other or closed the legs and put it flat on another.

I used to think that too, but when it's just one table in the room it's probably an oversight.

It's also the case when it's entire counters stacked on one another.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I'm experiencing the same problem as Ppanda0421. Black screen on load-up with the UI visible but no cursor, movement, or right click menu.

IWBUMS 38.9 worked fine yesterday. I was building up a base in New Denver, the house on the coast with the corn plot. 

Mods are New Denver map, Bedford falls map, Hydrocraft, driving cars, more zombie loot,  Silencer/suppressor, Pump Power.

I can start a new game in New Denver with all the same mods and it works fine. I ran over to the coords and the map is loaded. Can anyone outline which files I would need to move over from original game file to try to recover world and character?

7 hours ago, BendingUnit3000 said:

I'm experiencing the same problem as Ppanda0421. Black screen on load-up with the UI visible but no cursor, movement, or right click menu.

IWBUMS 38.9 worked fine yesterday. I was building up a base in New Denver, the house on the coast with the corn plot. 

Mods are New Denver map, Bedford falls map, Hydrocraft, driving cars, more zombie loot,  Silencer/suppressor, Pump Power.

I can start a new game in New Denver with all the same mods and it works fine. I ran over to the coords and the map is loaded. Can anyone outline which files I would need to move over from original game file to try to recover world and character?

@Bending,

In order to fix my world, I copied the map_xxxx_xxxx.bin files in batches, starting from the ones with the newest date. The ones with the newest date should be the one(s) where your character is located. After the first batch I logged in with the new character and went to that location to verify everything was loaded properly. I then copied over the 'map_p.bin' file which is your character file. After that I copied over the rest of the map_xxxx_xxxx.bin files and verified everything was loaded. Before doing anything though I always make a backup of the main world. I found that this method works better if you spawn near where your base is located so that that map cells/sections are already loaded. You might want to talk to support if you want to transfer over other information such as date, sandbox/survival settings, etc.

PS - Obviously you should only copy over the character file once you know the new location is safe. That is, it has a floor.

Just made a new sandbox game, no mods.  In West Point, so probably not a map-specific issue, but this still happens.  It's not widespread, but occasionally, a house you walk into will show things on shelves, but there won't be anything in any container in the entire house.

Spoiler

screenshot_31-08-2017_10-37-33.thumb.png.229c7c68de14fbfc0d9ce16c844c6ed0.png

I seem to be missing the artwork for graves?  I seemed to be late getting my artwork for composters when those first came out too, despite forcing a reinstall from Steam.  I can still use the graves, but making them requires some guess work, as there aren't any visual cues for what the interface wants me to do after I click "Dig Graves".

Spoiler

screenshot_31-08-2017_14-29-28.thumb.png.7634efa26c3e4b56a07cdbdd2387a341.png

On 8/30/2017 at 9:11 PM, PPanda0421 said:

@Bending,

In order to fix my world, I copied the map_xxxx_xxxx.bin files in batches, starting from the ones with the newest date. The ones with the newest date should be the one(s) where your character is located. After the first batch I logged in with the new character and went to that location to verify everything was loaded properly. I then copied over the 'map_p.bin' file which is your character file. After that I copied over the rest of the map_xxxx_xxxx.bin files and verified everything was loaded. Before doing anything though I always make a backup of the main world. I found that this method works better if you spawn near where your base is located so that that map cells/sections are already loaded. You might want to talk to support if you want to transfer over other information such as date, sandbox/survival settings, etc.

PS - Obviously you should only copy over the character file once you know the new location is safe. That is, it has a floor.

Thanks for the rundown Panda. I went through and systematically replaced files by name group and "map_ver.bin" was the one that messed things up. All other file names can be safely replaced with the ones from the other world (at least for me).  As far as I can tell, my save is now back to how it was.

22 minutes ago, BendingUnit3000 said:

Thanks for the rundown Panda. I went through and systematically replaced files by name group and "map_ver.bin" was the one that messed things up. All other file names can be safely replaced with the ones from the other world (at least for me).  As far as I can tell, my save is now back to how it was.

@Bending Glad you got it working. Btw, did you experience horrible sound issues in your new world? I was experiencing horrible sound lag. Sound would appear 2-3 seconds after an action took place (eg I'm running then I stop and the running sound would appear after I stopped) or there would be no sound at all and a 5-10 seconds later everything catches up. I even saw this issue when there are no zombies around. The sound was also very distorted even with/without zombies. I never experienced these kind of sound issues in my old world. Perhaps it's because I increased the zombie count in my new world to 'High' but even after copying over 'map_sandbox.bin' (sandbox settings) over it was still always occuring. Perhaps the new world already spawned all the zombies and I had already cleared the majority of them in my old world.

I then tried an experiment. I copied over the 'map_xxxx_xxxx.bin' files and 'map_p.bin' from my new world to my old world. My old world was then able to load up and I never saw those sound issues again (perhaps zombie population is causing sound lag).

I just now tried another experiment with your findings. I only copied over the 'map_ver.bin' from the new world to my old world and yes it is loading again! So yes that might be the issue! But like I just mentioned above, I only copied the new 'map_xxxx_xxxx.bin' files and character file from the new world to the old world and that also worked as well (even though it is using the old 'map_ver.bin'). I think it might be because I'm using a different map mod than you. Now that I think about it, your solution is better as you only have to copy over one file. However we should be careful as copying over the wrong file(s) might not allow our worlds to be updated in the future.

Sorry to raise this again - I didn't see it moved to General Discussion.

Was it established if the 40,000exp for a skill point was intentional (or even new)? I noticed the same on my current character - but assumed it was part of the "skill cap" system. But I do not have the excess 50 odd points Christophlette had, I have 6 surplus with none of my skills maxed (around 2m 3w IG). I have about 2 per movement skill, 5&7 blade (due to log walls), 6 carpentry 4 cooking 6 farming. Pretty much everything else is less than 2, mostly nil if I remember rightly. I feel like I will have to choose between sprinting, carpentry 7 and strength at this rate and maybe get one more point in the next 2 IG months.

Not completely against it, I can understand the exponential increase in exp requirements. Wasn't sure I'd hit the high ceiling so soon though.

This post will contain relatively major issues with the new "see more" update, hope this helps.

It is important to note that these were taken in the vehicle build, but it is merged with the IWBUMS build and contains some rather glaring issues that should be addressed regarding content in this build.

Spoiler

1. The 2nd floor of the city hall is intruding, I cannot see the zombies or player through the wall.

E1D1F12FDDB07EF8358E284BA12D12A04C441FC2

2. I cannot see into the front porch at all due to the 3 levels of upper floor and roof until I am in the porch. I believe this is intentional with changes to see the roof until you are close to it, but the inherent gameplay issues with this should be extremely relevant.

171A70949FED23C662D2A762EFB9575088FF288A

Here's one where it's plenty more obvious.

63E6F1E69696677A123B21727D34E62DB5425C03

The player cannot see what is down this alleyway. There could be loot, a body, even a doorway into safe refuge.

Now imagine this is Louisville and the structure to my left is 7 levels high. I can no longer tell if this alley will be a dead end or even worse, have no exit whatsoever.

Death by camera flaw.

6481D9058188C21790078095E3343CC20C9010EA

In this screenshot, I am trying to turn off the porch lights of the house and remove the lightbulb. It is almost impossible due to the last tile of the awning taking up the entire strip of wall, when it should not be visible when the player is underneath it.

E77C1AC60966AFB098178708654B60C5E5AF846E

In this screenshot I am inside a shack, but cannot see the inside fully due to the roof still being visible.

77758E8023E4180EA12072E47B7E9A946AAB56E0

I am now behind the shack pictured above, the roof is still visible.

EA07A3B38073D1535B5063DA6E291C7D7BDE086B

Due to the intrusive building next door, I cannot see the ground or identify valuables, even see most of my own model or crawling zed, more importantly.

628A4AE7F41DB976F75DBE6A81270E39FE09AB6A

I took this screenshot because the bed was backwards, but it is a good visual for how intrusive the awning outside is. The player should only see what is in the room and not be intruded by objects not visible to the character outside of the house completely.

Also unknown if this issue exists on this build but railings and fences have been totally mislayered, created a new world and in a new area to test, verified files as well. This is with every railing all over the map.

E0F93058984ADEE0D987A67897B7584AA581DAE5

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Great, Kim. We're aware of the majority of these issues at this point. The screen shots are illustrative and will be added to our own notes  

Though I should note in some cases you can just step forward a bit to have buildings collapse. You don't have to run blindly into that alley, for example, or stand just slightly out of range of the roof to prevent its collapse. Whether the range can be extended a little to be more like the public build or not will be explored.

Porches and roof bits that are on the same floor as the player are a definite exception to this and needs to be addressed.

This next post is grievances with the map. The spot in particular is the posh houses near the country club

Spoiler

Some of the driveways for these expensive houses do not go to the garage.

It is also worth noting that none of these houses have mailboxes either.

Also, the backyards of these supposedly expensive houses are just continuations of the forest. It is important to note that more than a few of these houses have more than one door to the backyard, which both go to absolutely nothing. Personally I'd recommend putting in a patio for some of these, or at least clearing out the trees.

Issue 1. Wrong bed orientation

628A4AE7F41DB976F75DBE6A81270E39FE09AB6A

Issue 2. Trees in front of doors and porches.

1036080C184B243211FFED3800740C5FCED0B55F

I found this one to be amusing :P

51FBA4BBAB0AACFCD795A8A16B3FF7BF4BE5F05D

33C04DDD35E7E58B9D4A7DE10F1F52C22BA659AF

Edited by Kim Jong Un

25 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Great, Kim. We're aware of the majority of these issues at this point. The screen shots are illustrative and will be added to our own notes  

Though I should note in some cases you can just step forward a bit to have buildings collapse. You don't have to run blindly into that alley, for example, or stand just slightly out of range of the roof to prevent its collapse. Whether the range can be extended a little to be more like the public build or not will be explored.

Porches and roof bits that are on the same floor as the player are a definite exception to this and needs to be addressed.

I understand the workaround, but it's an inherent flaw since a player could be avoiding hordes to get to that point only to realize "I cannot actually enter here as there is no door on this side". By then a horde could have caught up, or the previous opening they had would not exist anymore.

It's a very specific situation, I know, but not uncommon to any new player who is unaware of the map or keeping stealth.

Normally I wouldn't care since I know the map, I'm putting myself in the shoes of somebody who does not.

Believe me, I absolutely love this build since a lot more architecture is nice to see in most cases. I'd provide my positive feedback for the map, but it's already been said. I apologize if I come off as a "downer danny", believe me I'm only trying to point out stuff that I believe could fix inherent problems that are either new or can be fixed.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

10 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

I understand the workaround, but it's an inherent flaw since a player could be avoiding hordes to get to that point only to realize "I cannot actually enter here as there is no door on this side". By then a horde could have caught up, or the previous opening they had would not exist anymore.

It's a very specific situation, I know, but not uncommon to any new player who is unaware of the map or keeping stealth.

Normally I wouldn't care since I know the map, I'm putting myself in the shoes of somebody who does not.

I suspect most new players aren't going to painstakingly attempt to keep out of range of buildings and roofs.

Most new players won't have the frame of reference you do.

We get it, really. It's on the list. It doesn't need to be reiterated over and over, as that impedes what is otherwise great feedback.

19 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I suspect most new players aren't going to painstakingly attempt to keep out of range of buildings and roofs.

Most new players won't have the frame of reference you do.

We get it, really. It's on the list. It doesn't need to be reiterated over and over, as that impedes what is otherwise great feedback.

I understand, thank you for the acknowledgement and letting me know that it is on the list.

I didn't sign up for this for new stuff early, I'm in here for the long haul. Most stuff I see that can be fixed, I'm trying my best to report. I apologize if it's been said already as there is too many pages of the thread for me to read.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

1. This garage doors doesn't have any collision: https://vk.com/club152902074?z=photo-152902074_456239017%2Fwall-152902074_1

2. This building has fences, that allow you go through the wall: https://vk.com/club152902074?z=photo-152902074_456239018%2Fwall-152902074_2

3. I don't know, this angle just looks ugly: https://vk.com/club152902074?z=photo371074005_456241952%2F6a7411496549b9c172

Edited by DramaSetter

Booted up my old steam-free hamachi server. Found some issues, these could be on my end since it hasn't launched in years, but I cleared the servertest and player files and the db. Hope this can help.

It seems like the servervars file is missing a few of the sandbox settings.

Recieved 2 errors upon logging out.

I also seem to have a bug where if I press "join server" and nothing is selected, the game won't let me reselect anything and an error pops up. As a workaround I can still join the server by double-clicking on it in the server list.

There's also an issue where starting the server resets my spawnregions file back to an unedited one (where west point and muldraugh are unavailable) and removes my custom spawns from the list.

console.txt

server-console.txt

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Build 38.11

[New]

• First Aid kits now spawn with sterilized bandages, rather than regular bandages.
  • Can now sterilize cloth bandages in a boiling pot of water.
  • Mattress can now be made using a suture needle as well as a regular needle.  
  • You can now add spices as first item in pasta/rice (eg. marinara).
  • Updated community translations.
  • Updated credits.

[Balance]

• Balanced flies on bodies sound.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed: Sync bug. "Player turns on light and stays in the room. When another player approaches the same building, the light will turn off."
  • Fixed: Stopped it always raining when loading/starting a game.
  • Fixed: " ' " problems in new riverside description.
  • Fixed: Rare bug with the craftingUI.
  • Fixed: Mod order button being missplaced.
  • Fixed: Bug with the getLightFoodMod() calculation.
  • Fixed: Evolved recipe drinks not being able to be drunk when an item could be added to it (the coffee bug).
  • Fixed: Crafting issue with Hot Cuppa.
  • Fixed: Various map bugs and issues.

[Optimization]

• Optimized Garbage Collection
  • Added WorldReuserThread
  • LightingJNI optimized
  • Fixed surge in memory usage of 2-300 MB that can stall the game
  • Optimized map loading
  • Fixed: Voice Manager being enabled in SP. [Should give slight improvement in FPS, especially on slower systems]