RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

Just a quick note to say that we're aware that player-made building rooftop visibility stuff has been broken in 38.7.

We don't want to do a new build right now (unless we really need to) because of the Community Megatest tonight so we will update with the fix tomorrow if that's okay. Sorry for the annoyance.

19 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Initial Infection is supposed to start earlier than the other scenarios, but maybe we need to make it start a few hours earlier to catch the very first broadcasts?

In all game modes I've played in, the radio broadcasts always start with the one that has the message from General John McGrew, where he says that the current date (at the time of broadcast) is July 14th, 1993. As you know, most game modes begin on July 9th. So I would suggest either playing the initial (usually unseen) broadcasts first for the 9th and have it (hopefully) progress naturally to the 14th when McGrew makes his message, or at the very least, change the default starting date to the 14th of July to sync up with the current broadcast. 

16 minutes ago, Bitbaboon_Steve said:

That was a good test, thanks for the help.. lots of stats and what not gathered.

The worst thing I notice during the 4 hours was that occasionally, non-agrroed zombies slided into position without animation. That's the worst thing I saw. Other than that it's incredible how much better synced everything feels. Haven't seen a single teleporting zombie and when I died it was for sure my own fault. Great job!

5 minutes ago, RickBFP said:

Do you need to have/do something specific to bury the corpses ? I have a shovel and dug the grave but I get no option to do so.

You need the shovel in your inventory as well as the corpse in order to get the "Bury Corpse" option when right clicking a grave.

Edited by Svarog

So... I've been using the latest IWBUMS build and wanted to test out different building parts. I went and got the unfinished Manhattown Custom Map and tried playing on it. What I saw so far. Some windows or types of walls do not disappear unless you go inside the building and I can't see much. When in a building and next to it there's another one of the same height, a gigantic black or half/transparent wall that looks black overlaps a part of the building I am in, basically meaning that I can't explore some rooms, see zeds etc because a gigantic wall is blocking my field of view. Also, as it has been said before for the SunStar Motel in Muldraugh the roof in an indoor cinema is black. I can't see anything or zeds. 

Other issues are zombies that when killed go through half a wall and can't be looted or look just playin' weird.

Also, could we please use the washing machine to wash clothes ? .___. Besides this everything is going pretty smooth for me so far.

108600_20170818210621_1.thumb.png.88069c88362a63374a1dd872ed32ed83.png108600_20170818202835_1.thumb.png.d5c6e4d2c398af1fc52a8b1829a9c82d.png

108600_20170818210227_1.thumb.png.c257c0711bac058bd7a65bdb50371cb8.png

108600_20170818210923_1.png

Edited by Legoland99

Build 38.8

[New]

• New map area added! The town of Riverside and the Knox Heights Country Club are now ripe and ready for exploration. It can be found west of West Point. [Foraging zones etc still need to be added, but survival can commence!]
  • Added back tanglewood world views code and server save optimization.

The Knox Heights Country Club and Golf Course is probably best accessed by road btw - it'll take a while to get there.

If you want to explore out there it might more fun to wait until the new map is merged into the Vehicles Build. Don't let me stop the more intrepid on-foot explorers amongst you though :)

I've got to say this upfront; kudos to Mash on this new urban area. It is fun to survive in and there is so much to explore. It's hard to believe that it is only the size of West Point! I didn't manage to snag a picture, but there is a bar that looks like a movie theater in the middle of Riverside that is missing a set of double doors. Other than that, it all looks great! :-D  Of course, I also added the obligatory screenshot of dusk falling over the unforgiving faces of stone-cold angels.

20170824154252_1.jpg

On 8/23/2017 at 8:41 PM, Legoland99 said:

So... I've been using the latest IWBUMS build and wanted to test out different building parts. I went and got the unfinished Manhattown Custom Map and tried playing on it. What I saw so far. Some windows or types of walls do not disappear unless you go inside the building and I can't see much. When in a building and next to it there's another one of the same height, a gigantic black or half/transparent wall that looks black overlaps a part of the building I am in, basically meaning that I can't explore some rooms, see zeds etc because a gigantic wall is blocking my field of view. Also, as it has been said before for the SunStar Motel in Muldraugh the roof in an indoor cinema is black. I can't see anything or zeds. 

Other issues are zombies that when killed go through half a wall and can't be looted or look just playin' weird.

Also, could we please use the washing machine to wash clothes ? .___. Besides this everything is going pretty smooth for me so far.

108600_20170818210621_1.thumb.png.88069c88362a63374a1dd872ed32ed83.png108600_20170818202835_1.thumb.png.d5c6e4d2c398af1fc52a8b1829a9c82d.png

108600_20170818210227_1.thumb.png.c257c0711bac058bd7a65bdb50371cb8.png

108600_20170818210923_1.png

Hey man, could you tell me how to play Manhattown? I downloaded it and put in workshop folder, then activated it, but it doesn't show up on the spawn location list