RELEASED: IWBUMS Build 38.15

RobertJohnson

Build 38 changelog:

[New]

• New map area added! The town of Riverside and the Knox Heights Country Club are now ripe and ready for exploration. It can be found west of West Point. [Foraging zones etc still need to be added, but survival can commence!]
  • Added an easy way for modders to add columns to their scrolling lists.
  • [MP] Added an UI for admin to manage player's inventory.
  • [MP] When a server save will occur all client will be unable to perform anything (paused, server option).
  • [MP] Got rid of TransactionID while it's bugged & it made server saving longer.
  • [MP] Optimization to limit the amount of zombie placement and zombie movement data that’s shared between players. Released in preparation for the Wednesday community megatest.
  • First Aid kits now spawn with sterilized bandages, rather than regular bandages.
  • Can now sterilize cloth bandages in a boiling pot of water.
  • Mattress can now be made using a suture needle as well as a regular needle.  
  • You can now add spices as first item in pasta/rice (eg. marinara).
  • Can use CTRL + A to select all items in a container.
  • Command console in Debug now autosuggests functions and shows return types.
  • Command console version now accurately reflects the current version of the game.
  • Items used for fuel in campfires can now be used for fuel in BBQs.
  • Sheet of paper can now be written on.
  • Updated credits.
  • Large piles of rotten corpses will make you feel ill and sad if you stay close to them for extended periods.
  • You can now dig graves with a shovel. (Ability to bury multiple bodies in the same grave will come in 38.2)
    • If you're carrying a corpse, you can bury it in an empty grave.
  • Added new sub menu in carpentry "Misc".
    • In "Misc" you'll find a wooden cross, acairn and a wooden memorial picket to go alongside the graves you dig.
  • Changes in clothing:
    • Clothing can now become dirty over extended periods, dependant on your activities.
    • Fighting zombies will make your clothing bloody.
    • If you're wearing dirty or bloody clothing over an open wound then chances of infection (normal infection, not zombie) will increase.
    • Clothing now also has durability, every time you get hit you'll lose a little.
    • Some clothing is more resistant than others.
  • Added new sandbox options:
    • Generator Spawn: Increase/decrease the chance of electrical generators spawning on the map.
    • Generator Fuel Consumption: Impacts how much fuel is consumed by generators. A generator that needs no fuel should be set to 0.0. (Replaces GeneratorFuelConsumed server option)
    • Randomized House Chance: Increase/decrease probability of discovering randomized safe house on the map: either burnt out, containing loot stashes, dead survivor bodies etc.
    • Annotated Map Chance: Impacts on how often a looted map will have annotations marked on it by a deceased survivor.
    • Zombie Construction Damage: Governs whether or not zombies can destroy player constructions and defences.
    • Free Trait Points: Adds free points during character creation.
    • Player-built Construction Strength: Gives player-built constructions extra hit points so they are more resistant to zombie damage.
    • Day/Night Active Zombies: Governs whether zombies are more active during the day, or whether they act more nocturnally. Inactive zombies will be slower, and tend not to give chase.
    • Nocturnal Darkness: Governs how dark it gets at night. Don't forget your flashlight
    • Injury Severity: Increase and decrease the impact that injuries have on your body, and their healing time.
    • Bone Fracture: Enable or disable broken limbs when survivors receive injuries from impacts, zombie damage and falls.
    • Time Before Corpse Removal: Number of in-game hours before zombie corpses are automatically removed from the map. (Replaces former HoursForCorpseRemoval server option).
    • Decaying Corpse Health Impact: Governs impact that nearby decaying bodies has on the player's health and emotions
    • Clothing Degradation: Governs how quickly clothing degrades, becomes dirty and bloodied. (Can be disabled.)
    • Added random selection on zombie's: Strength, Toughness and Cognition.
    • Fire spread (previously No Fire spread on server): allow or not spreading fire.
  • TV and Radio programmes now have an impact on the character's moodles. If watching an instructional show then an XP multiplier is received.
  • [MP] Added a "Level Up" button on the player stats UI to quickly level up a perk without using global point.
  • Changed how custom maps are loaded:

• After selecting your mod, you now arrive on the "select spawn location" screen and no more "select map" screen to avoid confusion.
    • Every map mods enabled is now loaded, including their spawnpoints.
    • It means you don't need to code your own multiple maps mod to load more than one.
    • Added a mod order UI, use it if you have conflicts (copy a cell over existing one) in your modded map!
  • Changes on world view:    
    • Building levels above the player are ONLY hidden for the "current building".
    • "Current building" defined as the building you're inside OR if you're outside, the building blocking our view of the player character OR a building whose window you're look through.
    • To peek through a window stand adjacent and face it.
    • Building levels are also hidden when the nearest visible zombie is behind a building. So if your character looks behind the back wall of a building and there's a zombie there the building's floors will be hidden just as they would if you walked behind the building.
    • Building exterior walls are no longer stencilled to transparent when you're outside unless they are actually blocking the view of your character.

[Balance]

• Increase player's constructions hit points.
  • Removed starting year sandbox option.
  • Increased a tad the nutrition values of fishes & berries.
  • Sleeping outside in rain will wake players up, unless they are in a tent or under a player made structure with roof.

[Bug Fix]

• Fixed zombie memory "none" sandbox option not working.
  • Fixed a bug with season making moon not afecting ambient lights at night.
  • Fixed water pouring bug.
  • Fixed lampost still active when electricity was down.
  • Fixed being able to build thing inside player's safehouse.
  • Fixed being able to climb through windows into a player's safehouse.
  • Fixed bodies corpses zone sometimes overlapping.
  • Fixed bodies corpse zone not being properly synced in multiplayer.
  • Fixed bugs on the new riverside map.
  • Fixed lot of UI non-working with a gamepad.
  • Large amount of smaller items will now correctly fill up container space available.
  • Book Reading is now interrupted when player aims a weapon.
  • Fixed Characters losing fraction of xp on save.
  • Added missing "spawn point" options in the server settings GUI.
  • Added missing world filler.
  • Fixed possible bug with alarm being reset.
  • Fixed Rare bug with the craftingUI.
  • Fixed Mod order button being missplaced.
  • Fixed Bug with the getLightFoodMod() calculation.
  • Fixed Evolved recipe drinks not being able to be drunk when an item could be added to it (the coffee bug).
  • Fixed Crafting issue with Hot Cuppa.

[Optimization]

• Optimized Garbage Collection
  • Added WorldReuserThread
  • LightingJNI optimized
  • Fixed surge in memory usage of 2-300 MB that can stall the game
  • Optimized map loading
  • Fixed: Voice Manager being enabled in SP. [Should give slight improvement in FPS, especially on slower systems]

It's hilarious that it's possible to just die by standing next to some corpses for 2 in-game hours.

Also, while I like the feature itself, I think the bloody clothes thing should have came in along with blood texture overlays for characters, the utter lack of any visuals in the area just make it feel completely "meh".

Love the new sandbox options BTW.

Edited by Svarog

2 minutes ago, Svarog said:

It's hilarious that it's possible to just die by standing next to some corpses for 2 in-game hours.

Not entirely sure that's working 'as designed' then!

As for the bloody clothes thing, yeah it's definitely been built with the new anims/models in mind. 

Really looking forward to pitch-black darkness at night and hyperactive zombies, but I literally cannot decide if I wanna wait for the stable branch or help testing lol.

However, I do wonder if the dirty clothing mechanic would be best added under the new animations, because I feel like without a visual indication, it would be an annoying feature, 

Just now, Batsphinx said:

Not entirely sure that's working 'as designed' then!

As for the bloody clothes thing, yeah it's definitely been built with the new anims/models in mind. 

Well, I was standing next to some 50 dead zombies just to see what would happen, got the Fever moodle after a short while and after a while of having it my character died. I would get getting some disease and unless the character takes anti-biotics and some other medicine they will get more and more sick and after a few days or a week start to die.

As it is it just feels like dead zombies emit Chernobyl levels of radiation.

Really looking forward to pitch-black darkness at night and hyperactive zombies, but I literally cannot decide if I wanna wait for the stable branch or help testing lol.

However, I do wonder if the dirty clothing mechanic would be best added under the new animations, because I feel like without a visual indication, it would be an annoying feature, 

I killed maybe 6 - 8 zombies outside of my base and within 2 - 3 real life minutes I'm already queasy. I don't have a shovel though, so how else can I get rid of the corpses?

Genuine question. Thanks. :)

Edited by BayCon

Everything the player can see is fairly bright even with Pitch Black nights, Flashlights are still very optional where I was hoping that it would be barely possible to walk around without them at night on that setting, I was hoping for full on Darkwood (It's a video game) like nights.

Also, and I've had that issue since forever, flashlights themselves should be brighter. The area illuminated by the flashlight is barely brighter than the general ambient brightness of player's FOV.

Edit: The above is 100 times worse with Shaders on.

Random speed on zombies is my new favorite setting, some zombies kinda stutter between shambling/running sometimes. It's rare though and stops as they get close.

14 minutes ago, BayCon said:

The more I play the more I feel that should be the case.

Edited by Svarog

Died in 10 hours. I was never able to outrun the sickness somehow. I made it away from the corpses around my house and felt a little better for like a second, but then I decided to go back and use my new hope to clean up the corpses and the sickness went back to where it was. Finally, I decided I would have to go on the run from the sickness if I had any hope of surviving, but it seems like even the corpses that randomly spawn from the game were contributing to my sickness. Either that, or the 6 - 8 corpses at home caused an irreversible sickness that snowballed into a terminal illness, ultimately leading to my untimely death. 

TL;DR - Zombies have some hardcore airborne super powered illnesses and they killed me in 10 in-game hours. :P

Edited by BayCon

37 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Everything the player can see is fairly bright even with Pitch Black nights, Flashlights are still very optional where I was hoping that it would be barely possible to walk around without them at night on that setting, I was hoping for full on Darkwood (It's a video game) like nights.

Also, and I've had that issue since forever, flashlights themselves should be brighter. The area illuminated by the flashlight is barely brighter than the general ambient brightness of player's FOV.

I agree, Night should be more dark.

Just now, sharkstertheshark said:

I am dying of a fever just fighting zombies in general. 

Yeah, it's bugged - RJ's going to release 38.2 tomorrow.

In the meantime maybe see if the following new Sandbox option can make life easier?

• Decaying Corpse Health Impact: Governs impact that nearby decaying bodies has on the player's health and emotions

2 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

Build 38 changelog:

[New]

• Large piles of rotten corpses will make you feel ill and sad if you stay close to them for extended periods.
    • TV and Radio programmes now have an impact on the character's moodles. If watching an instructional show then an XP multiplier is received.

Finally TV programs do something!

Also, if its not intended to die (because come on everyone would die by  corpses instead of actual shambeling corpses), then whats the intended effect? Be ill and have nausea?  Can it get to a point that you get used to the smell? 

Does standing inside a house with lets say 5 corpses inside intensifies the ill effect?

Also last thing, is there any type of visual que outside of the soon   animations to know your clothes are bloodied up? If the zombies go for a groin shot like they always do, i will have to change pants?

I can't tell much of a difference between pitch black nights and what it used to be. Is it bugged? Here's a comparison of what my game looks like at night in previous builds, and here's what it looks like in the current build (It's darker indoors than it is outside).

Build 37 (Survival):

20170505203621_1.thumb.jpg.86f1843fb10908a02f3d4cf455a3b91b.jpg

IWBUMS Build 38.1 (Sandbox w/pitch black nights):

593ee229926e2_Screenshot(382).thumb.png.8ee61145341116d01ff4b3ed7b960454.png

I wanna show a screenshot of Darkwood at night for comparison like Svarog mentioned, but I'm too lazy to sit in the game for 10 minutes until night for one screenshot lol. But in that game, you cannot see a thing at night. Nothing. Period. Unless you have lights on, but even then, the darkness is solid.

Edited by BayCon

13 minutes ago, Blasted_Taco said:

Also, if its not intended to die (because come on everyone would die by  corpses instead of actual shambeling corpses), then whats the intended effect? Be ill and have nausea?  Can it get to a point that you get used to the smell? 

Does standing inside a house with lets say 5 corpses inside intensifies the ill effect?

Unsure of the specifics, but the current issue I believe is simply that everything happens way too fast. It's supposed to be more of an ambient effect, not to kill you in a couple of hours!

RE: Darkness chat. This is me plucking a fact out of my arse, but I recall RJ telling me that he'd also fixed the 'phases of the moon' code that had been broken for a long while without us realising. As such, some nights might be darker than others - and that could account for the discrepancy in Baycon's screenshots. *All this is my personal supposition though!* 

15 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

RE: Darkness chat. This is me plucking a fact out of my arse, but I recall RJ telling me that he'd also fixed the 'phases of the moon' code that had been broken for a long while without us realising. As such, some nights might be darker than others - and that could account for the discrepancy in Baycon's screenshots. *All this is my personal supposition though!* 

Well, the ambient lighting levels in pitch black night are more/less fine, the real problem is the ambient brightness generated by the characters FOV, everything in front of the character is so bright that it might as well by early morning.

It's super, super obvious if the shaders are on, everything behind the player is nearly pitch black, everything in front is 7-8am.

Edit:

28 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

In the meantime maybe see if the following new Sandbox option can make life easier?

I don't think setting it to low made any difference, standing next to some 20 corpses, dead in 2 in-game hours.

Edited by Svarog

The Day/Night zombie activity is waaaaaaaay overdone IMHO. The time-dilatation field the zombies are placed in (Because they look like they exist in slow motion) during their "off" hours makes them a complete and utter non-threat, I just killed 100+ zombie horde, all clumped together, with an axe during the day (Zombies are set to be more active during the night) and none of them got close to me. I didn't even have to move an inch. Just swung away until they were all dead.

I thought that this setting would simply turn zombies into slow, stupid shamblers with minimal senses and strength when they're not active but they would still remain somewhat threatening. Like, let's say my settings are

- Runners, Strong, Navigate + Open Doors, Superhuman Senses

I imagined that if I set them to Active at Night, during the day they would just be.

- Slow Shamblers, Weak, Basic Pathfinding, Very poor senses.

Basically, whatever is the lowest possible setting for zombies, that would be applied during off hours while during the on hours they would act according to Sandbox preset.