Union City
17 17

106 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

What a nice map! I can't wait to play this.

 

I also just noticed that I'm in the credits for something I made in 2015! I can't wait to find my house somewhere in this map when it's released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mads232 said:

What a nice map! I can't wait to play this.

 

I also just noticed that I'm in the credits for something I made in 2015! I can't wait to find my house somewhere in this map when it's released

 

I added all the names from the community pack, not sure if I will use every single building as some weren't what was i was looking for, do you remember what you made or what the building file was called? 

 

I'll check if it's placed yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Neutz said:

 

I added all the names from the community pack, not sure if I will use every single building as some weren't what was i was looking for, do you remember what you made or what the building file was called? 

 

I'll check if it's placed yet

Oh I see! There's a link for it here https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14320-mads232s-house/

 

 

 

Do you have an ETA of release btw? I really dig this map

 

 

 

Edited by mads232

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mads232 said:

Oh I see! There's a link for it here https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/14320-mads232s-house/

 

 

 

Do you have an ETA of release btw? I really dig this map

 

 

 

Yeah that house is in the map already, I think I changed the driveway. Though.

 

No eta for release, there is big performance issues with dense skyscrapers. So not until devs optimize the game for Louisville etc.

 

I may release the suburbs when it's finished though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndigoRebel said:

Oh snap havent noticed all this.  Makes me want to make some buildings ^^

 

Please do, I need a lot of help haha. Need apartment buildings at, the moment. It's fine if you just only furnish the bathrooms and kitchens and copy paste the floors as those being the same makes sense, I will furnish the rest

Edited by Neutz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 More buildings to finish up and I can give you apartments for life man. :D (in a month hopefully)

On 2/3/2018 at 4:32 AM, Neutz said:

 

Please do, I need a lot of help haha. Need apartment buildings at, the moment. It's fine if you just only furnish the bathrooms and kitchens and copy paste the floors as those being the same makes sense, I will furnish the rest

 

Edited by Legoland99

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, I've been out of the community for about a year after my mapping adventure came down with a crash, but dayumm you guys are working hard! So glad to see you took a look at my buildings! I hope they can be of some use :)

 

Slightly motivating me to perhaps continue work on my map, if I remember rightly should be 56 or so cells mainly filled with buildings. Totalled up around 2000 or so buildings. I did only complete the majority of the first cell but then spent about 6 hours placing curbs making sure they were aligned correctly on both WorldEd and TileZed, exported and realised they were completely different orientations ingame... I basically just gave up at that point... given a few hours to go back through deleting the curbs from the 100 or so buildings they were attached to I could reboot that project... 

Noticing the clutter you've added... Is it shareable? :o

I would be happy to share basically any content I create, given they would be used in the creation of my map, and the way the buildings are created would require a lot of work to prep them for another map. Given that, I do have around 80 furnished buildings created. 

Will keep an eye on this thread to track your progress. I would totally join you guys but given a project so large of my own I would never have time for both. Will love to see this completed one day! 

 

-TG

Edited by The Googlator

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Googlator said:

Hell, I've been out of the community for about a year after my mapping adventure came down with a crash, but dayumm you guys are working hard! So glad to see you took a look at my buildings! I hope they can be of some use :)

 

Slightly motivating me to perhaps continue work on my map, if I remember rightly should be 56 or so cells mainly filled with buildings. Totalled up around 2000 or so buildings. I did only complete the majority of the first cell but then spent about 6 hours placing curbs making sure they were aligned correctly on both WorldEd and TileZed, exported and realised they were completely different orientations ingame... I basically just gave up at that point... given a few hours to go back through deleting the curbs from the 100 or so buildings they were attached to I could reboot that project... 

Noticing the clutter you've added... Is it shareable? :o

I would be happy to share basically any content I create, given they would be used in the creation of my map, and the way the buildings are created would require a lot of work to prep them for another map. Given that, I do have around 80 furnished buildings created. 

Will keep an eye on this thread to track your progress. I would totally join you guys but given a project so large of my own I would never have time for both. Will love to see this completed one day! 

 

-TG

 

2000 buildings? I have to see this to believe it, do you have any screenshots? I will look at releasing my custom tiles when and if I ever finish this map.

 

Most of the buildings in the community pack have needed fixing to make them work in another map, some were incomplete or were a bit rough, I've been through and overhauled most of them already but i still have to set the correct room definitions in alot of them though.

 

At this stage it is just me working on it in my spare time and i have far less of that since i started this map so progress is slow and I have been burnt out lately.

 

The current progress photo on the first page is very old and the map has alot more now, I would like to get a first version out when the animations hit, whenever that is...

Edited by Neutz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Neutz said:

 

2000 buildings? I have to see this to believe it, do you have any screenshots? I will look at releasing my custom tiles when and if I ever finish this map.

 

Most of the buildings in the community pack have needed fixing to make them work in another map, some were incomplete or were a bit rough, I've been through and overhauled most of them already but i still have to set the correct room definitions in alot of them though.

 

At this stage it is just me working on it in my spare time and i have far less of that since i started this map so progress is slow and I have been burnt out lately.

 

The current progress photo on the first page is very old and the map has alot more now, I would like to get a first version out when the animations hit, whenever that is...

Good work man, Please let me know when this is in a playable state. 
 

Ok, so here's my WorldEd; 
And here's my first cell almost complete:

 

There's obviously a whole lot more than needs doing. When the map is complete we will be talking over 2000 buildings. There is something like 120/130 on the first cell and each building generally overlaps with another building, hence the difficulty when sharing them. I'm hoping I will find time to continue with this. 

Good luck man! 

-TG

World.jpg

FirstCell.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back from the dead. Final exams coming soon and got accepted abroad to a good Uni. All in all, Project Zomboid is back on my timetable and I'll be working hard to help with more buildings. So excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This project looks awesome, glad to see it's still being worked on! If I make some decent buildings, I'll be sure to let you use them if you'd like! If you gave me some basic lot dimensions and type, I could design a small area for you. Give me something to work my skills on =)

Edited by RyGuy_McFly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2018 at 1:23 PM, TurtleShroom said:

The year is 1993 AD. I want to see a Blockbuster.

Wouldnt be too hard to make the tiles for it, i have been too busy lately to work on the map but will try make some time soon.

 

I did notice the devs must be working on high level floors for louiseville, as skyscrapers now load in game when they used to crash when going near them.

 

You still cant go higher than the 7th floor yet however.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Why didn't I see this earlier!

Unfortunately I can't help (no mapping/housing knowledge) but really hope this will see the light of the day.

 

I hope it sees the light of day as well.

 

The most recent progress photo is a lie, I have done alot more and its almost 3x the amount of buildings placed I just havent got around to updating the photo. Ill post a new one tonight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 3:14 PM, Neutz said:

 

I hope it sees the light of day as well.

 

The most recent progress photo is a lie, I have done alot more and its almost 3x the amount of buildings placed I just havent got around to updating the photo. Ill post a new one tonight

4

 

tumblr_ou4ohmdIEN1txfen3o1_500.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should consider making some of the minor neighborhood streets less grid like. Since they don't have lane lines you could easily get away with a street or two at 45 degree angles. And it would really spice things up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
17 17