Union City

Neutz

Don't feel bad about recoloring houses. You can get away with alot especially when you have 600 houses already.

Just look at real neighborhoods where most houses are practically identical. Especially in new developments. You could easily reuse the same floorplan tons without anyone finding anything askew.

Today I have been using the scriptlab plugin for paint.net to save the processes I use for farms and such. 

Also I wanna float the idea of replacing the highway on-ramps with Michigan turns.

UnionCityWip.png

21 minutes ago, Ciber Ninja said:

Don't feel bad about recoloring houses. You can get away with alot especially when you have 600 houses already.

Just look at real neighborhoods where most houses are practically identical. Especially in new developments. You could easily reuse the same floorplan tons without anyone finding anything askew.

Today I have been using the scriptlab plugin for paint.net to save the processes I use for farms and such. 

Also I wanna float the idea of replacing the highway on-ramps with Michigan turns.

UnionCityWip.png

Have you got any real world references where these are used? We don't have them where I live

Most of the city area is temporary just so I could get a rough idea, we do need some more ideas for highways since we can't make sunken highways

4 hours ago, Jackspital said:

Wow Guys this thread has soon blown up with posts, hope the project is still coming on nicely.

It still is, I've been working on making new houses and such :P takes some time but it's worth it. Probably by the middle or end of next month it will get released, if not sooner. Depends, we just need help in terms of house making :c

5 hours ago, Jackspital said:

Wow Guys this thread has soon blown up with posts, hope the project is still coming on nicely.

It's coming along nicely but slowly, next month would be a big maybe for release. Once the maps filled I still have fix the zombie spawn, do foraging , make all the vehicle spawns and complete all the new tile definitions.

And I work full time, so I'll just do a TIS and say when it's ready :P

Edited by Neutz

Here is a more refined michigan turn.

UnionCity_13_4.png.1204b1d96a0f741bf761c52359e7f6c2.png

And here is today's work on the map. I did not like how my first ideas were turning out. This way things blend together much more realistically. I think I kept it so that only two cells would have to be redone and I think we can all agree that this is looking much better.UnionCityWip.thumb.png.06851902d9f99a865f339354ddd2506b.png

Edited by Ciber Ninja

18 hours ago, Neutz said:

It's coming along nicely but slowly, next month would be a big maybe for release. Once the maps filled I still have fix the zombie spawn, do foraging , make all the vehicle spawns and complete all the new tile definitions.

And I work full time, so I'll just do a TIS and say when it's ready :P

19 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

It still is, I've been working on making new houses and such :P takes some time but it's worth it. Probably by the middle or end of next month it will get released, if not sooner. Depends, we just need help in terms of house making :c

Man, well, it's good to know that this project is still ongoing and doing stuff here and there to push the first release out will be great. So far there is a hell of a lot of things on this map unique to PZ, and thats really great to experience something new. Also, Id love to see some plaza or town hall, say, near or close to the middle of the larger city. Im having a think on some cool ideas for the map, so ill keep tuned in on this one.

10 minutes ago, Jackspital said:

Man, well, it's good to know that this project is still ongoing and doing stuff here and there to push the first release out will be great. So far there is a hell of a lot of things on this map unique to PZ, and thats really great to experience something new. Also, Id love to see some plaza or town hall, say, near or close to the middle of the larger city. Im having a think on some cool ideas for the map, so ill keep tuned in on this one.

We'd love it if you could provide some ideas. But this part that we're doing is just the suburbs, so in terms of ideas give only for suburbs please. Thank you.

4 hours ago, Jackspital said:

Also, Id love to see some plaza or town hall, say, near or close to the middle of the larger city. Im having a think on some cool ideas for the map, so ill keep tuned in on this one.

I made the City hall a while ago but its not going to appear for a long time, i used the Brooklyn Borough Hall in New York for reference then made it work for PZ.

I'll probably make it a big bigger and extend out both sides once we get to that part of the map though.

595570db2574b_CityHall.thumb.png.f88a1281152c0b10c3fa8fc12225b0d4.png

1333374-561221.jpg&ar=maintain

21 hours ago, Ciber Ninja said:

Here is a more refined michigan turn.

UnionCity_13_4.png.1204b1d96a0f741bf761c52359e7f6c2.png

And here is today's work on the map. I did not like how my first ideas were turning out. This way things blend together much more realistically. I think I kept it so that only two cells would have to be redone and I think we can all agree that this is looking much better.UnionCityWip.thumb.png.06851902d9f99a865f339354ddd2506b.png

I think we will leave the first highway intersection as it is, maybe will look at putting the michigan turn further into the city.

Also, the blue squares are done and can't be changed, The original river i had going down is pretty much the line, so its fine to change it. The river you added looks much better anyhow :)

pic2.thumb.png.b2b41bc571d0e7a2986dce5a69fea588.png

Edited by Neutz

• 2 weeks later...

This... This is beautiful! I love all the new sprites you guys made. They really make everything look much better and lived in, its part of the reason why i slowed down on my project everything just started looking like everything else. Great job on everything and keep it up!

This is looking very good, and that townhall looks real nice. The suburbs there are starting to look really good too. Keep up the good work guys. It would be nice to see some small shacks or cottages near the suburbs too, (unless these are already planned of course).

Edited by Jackspital

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I saw your comment on the steam workshop, sorry it took me so long to reply. I've been pretty busy and I just kinda forgot about it.

Anyway, I'd be happy to let you use the buildings I've made for my map, I just don't know the best way of getting you the building files. And, if you want, I could help make some more buildings for this map.

This map is looking really good so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap this map look amazing! I'm honestly blown away at your custom textures they look great! you should join us on the Hydrocraft Art page under the help section of item mods, we could use some help with 2x sized object art :D. really looking forward to seeing this map released! i hope that it'll be connected to the main map too :)

Thought i should update the people following this.

At this stage this project is on hold as i got a little burnt out with all the sprite creations/mapping and currently don't have the time to work on it as much is needed to finish a city of this size. For the most part it was just Legoland and myself working on it, The time to actually complete this would take months and we were working on it almost every day.

I have backed up all the files online so i don't lose any of it. (See my McDonalds building :P )

Another reason is the game simply isn't optimized for city type areas in this much detail, Running on a decent rig on the latest car build it runs at around 20-30 FPS or worse so it would be even less enjoyable for others.

I do plan to come back to it at some point but not sure when that will be. most likely when animations are out and we start to see optimizations for Louisville etc.

I'm not going to release the tiles at this point as we do plan to come back to it eventually.

Thanks for all your guys support in this thread :)

Neutz

Well, I didn't give up either, just took a break, been busy lately and waiting for a large PZ update to get motivated some more. In the meantime here's a STRIP CLUB that I made yesterday. Furnished and ready to twerk (lol). I'll be proving Neutz with buildings based on my free time. At this point if you played the Manhattown map you'll all see that there's issues with build 38.6 and there's a lot of bugs in regards to some things. I'm waiting for more optimizations so that the game will run better. Neutz has been amazing at working his ass off the past weeks and I think he deserves a break for now. We won't be abandoning the project, just work slower until something major pops out. Peace out survivors, more buildings will come again soon along with sneak-peaks. To Neutz, I'll try to get all of the buildings furnished before I send them to you so that you only have to worry about placing them and decorating. Cheers everyone. 

Screenshot (21).png

Screenshot (23).png

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

Edited by Legoland99

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, myhappines said:

Looks awersome. How its going?

For now Neutz is taking a break and I'm working on making buildings so he can spend less time building them and just add them to the game itself. It's work but it's good work and I like doing it. The next pack that will be sent towards him will be about 60-100 apartment buildings.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, cardenaglo said:

@Ciber Ninja to the question about editing the rules from a few months ago its actually really easy to do, in case you didnt do it already. :)

Im curious to see an update on how the map is doing, can we expect one soon? :)

The map is postponed until probably build 39 or when I finish making over 100-200 buildings for Neutz to use on his map. Once that's done he'll restart work most likely. Sorry to keep you all waiting, but we also need some updates and the recent car spawn change kind of fucked up some stuff for us. But we'll be back here to work more :3 I have never stopped working and thus far everything is going well.

13 hours ago, Legoland99 said:

The map is postponed until probably build 39 or when I finish making over 100-200 buildings for Neutz to use on his map. Once that's done he'll restart work most likely. Sorry to keep you all waiting, but we also need some updates and the recent car spawn change kind of fucked up some stuff for us. But we'll be back here to work more :3 I have never stopped working and thus far everything is going well.

If I wasn't so clogged up with other stuff all the time i'd try to help make some buildings. :( 

Edited by Queen Glory