Union City

Neutz

UNION CITY

With Louisville a still a while off I decided to take up the task of getting a good sized city into the game.

Also, Yes the map does borrow the name from the last stand web browser games but otherwise has no relation :-)

If anyone would like to help out with buildings, comment here or PM me.

I don't have alot of time to work on the map these days, every now and then i will post updates though

It has many buildings made by myself and other contributors, i have also made alot of custom tiles for the map.

Most recent progress

unioncitynew.thumb.png.c75f7a8d39e2d8fa0cadab48cad03d43.png

Residential Housing

suburb1.thumb.png.4432e2e41454f636eb52a889b573e613.png

High School

UnionHigh.thumb.png.e20d06088b9dc9016f851f1e7b7bbf62.png

Highschool1.thumb.png.e58a166caaa8d1c4de2c87c5015859d4.png

A Victorian mansion.

Just one of Legoland99's many creations,

mansion.thumb.png.96ef163ee8690c648db7054af5fc7bd8.png

Custom Sprites

This map includes new sprites and variations made by myself

SpriteVariations.thumb.png.b332e1013985ee87bb7f05a021c43f28.png

I have made a bunch of clutter objects to make the world feel more lived in and immersive

Computers.thumb.png.77b9fd8536a1b6883029926d2d3bfd77.png

Clutter2.thumb.png.dc128a49ae2db0e9909da6ac4a122355.png

Computerstudys.thumb.png.426a4bc939566e0567ca9d783d6e3bd6.png

BestBuy.thumb.png.a118db0feef29a4e780b7c5e928f9c3e.png

Custom_Window_Tiles.thumb.png.b2f3bae52b3b0a1eb8fa45c39d44379a.png

Thanks to the following

This map will also contain buildings from the community.

Thanks to the following forum members for your creations

Legoland99

Atoxwarrior

956Texas

BeastlyBean

Blackbeard06

cmseter

dko112

DoctahWong

Doublebrain

EUDOXIO

fluffe9911

GothicGhost

grivcin

Jela331

kaizokuroof

Leolvanov

mads232

Mainulainen

Project Zomboid (for 2 example buildings)

rsdworker

Sieben

The googlator

Traya Aclus

Valindil

Veged

VikiDikRUS

Way2sp00ky

Z3759xy

IndigoRebel
zoeyflower

Edited by Neutz

On 18.6.2017 at 7:35 AM, Neutralnz1 said:

I have got most sprites working in game now, The different colors really make a difference and give the game a fresh look for those who have been around for a long time and seen everything.

Made a more modern looking home for eg.

Spoiler

House1.thumb.png.d8127b1e15c564f7a1de521e250f533f.png

i swear to god thats a house from the last stand: dead zone

the floorplans layout etc remind me a ton of it atleast.

your custom tiles are awesome and i love your furnishing

10 hours ago, jamesorbe0 said:

now that you mention it. It kinda looks like a map on the last stand dead zone game

Pure coincidence, though the last pic on the first post, is a house from a popular zombie movie remake. I made the Window sprites specifically for it.

Maybe you can spot the scene it's in :)

Edited by Neutralnz1

Something that a lot of maps miss that I think you should consider: there are a TON of farms in the midwest where the game is nominally set, and I feel like most mappers bypass their usefullness as a content buffer between cities and forrests.  You really need to make very few buildings relative to area covered if you make your farms of a realistic size.

Needed a break from endless suburbs buildings, I started to get an idea on how the beachfront area will play out though it probably wont appear in the first release. Brighter Pavements, Large apartments / Hotels further on into the City along the beach etc etc.

Started a modern/expensive looking apartment

Anyone wanna make me some palm tree tiles :) ?

Beachfirst.png

Beachapartment.thumb.png.8a5f26948fe88b623f7bffdea4ded9a1.png

Edited by Neutz

44 minutes ago, Ciber Ninja said:

I would be interested in detailing your raw bmp with trails, paths, forests, and farm plots.

At this stage the entire map in the overview is planned to be city but we were considering in making a lot of rural farmland to the south if you want extend my original raw map i can send it to you so you can line it up. But don't draw on the areas already layed out as i edit it as we need.

Could really be any size as long as its not wider than 12

farmland.png

Edited by Neutz

Double post but i had to show off Legolands amazing work.

He has created a huge number of buildings which i will now work into the map, This is just showing them all off.

legolandoverview2.thumb.png.6ec00f5ea7b9c8058fc4cdc36698c3e5.png

While some have a similar exterior they are all furnished and colored differently so exploring is always fun and every house is unique in some way.

LegolandOverview.thumb.png.943a20c5f2d0133553e7d0c78b0e29f4.png

I also really like the shops he made so here's a closeup :P . Furniture, appliance and sewing stores, Gun store and an internet cafe.

shopslegloland.thumb.png.42a84f6def304a8c8ad8fccc08edf4c7.pngh

Edited by Neutz

35 minutes ago, Neutz said:

At this stage the entire map in the overview is planned to be city but we were considering in making a lot of rural farmland to the south if you want extend my original raw map i can send it to you so you can line it up. But don't draw on the areas already layed out as i edit it as we need.

Could really be any size as long as its not wider than 12

farmland.png

If he could do that then we could actually make the map more realistic. KY has a lot of farmland and this gives us the opportunity of having the player run in forests, having an outpost at a farm or at the outskirts of the town. It will be remotely set unlike the city, where the player could try to establish an outpost or a safe zone for himself or others to survive. We need the map to be balanced, the the farms and rural area around it would give a great vibe. To you Ciber Ninja, contact Neutz and if not me, we'll talk it over if you're interested and intend to help us. Best of luck, and help us bring this map to the world to see.

Its not really needed,  the sheer number of buildings we need people can make whatever they want. Though i will usually request certain types depending on what area we are working on.

At the moment its just residential housing, we will probably need another 200 or so to finish the current part of the map.

Also your farmlands are looking really great

Edited by Neutz

Purple/ Red is planned forrest. 

Took hours but I finally hit on a simple 200 step process to producing beautiful farm fields.

Here is a zoomed in example:

UnionCityWip.png.8cb37bc8e99c970f47ecf2d5991c5ad1.png

It only requires two clicks on each farm you want and every other step works on the image as a whole. 

So I could scale this up to an entire counties worth of farms with negligible increase in processing time.

How hard would it be to add a rule tilezed so that yellow in the veg map translates to grain like is in the farm west of Knox county?

13 hours ago, Ciber Ninja said:

Purple/ Red is planned forrest. 

Took hours but I finally hit on a simple 200 step process to producing beautiful farm fields.

Here is a zoomed in example:

UnionCityWip.png.8cb37bc8e99c970f47ecf2d5991c5ad1.png

It only requires two clicks on each farm you want and every other step works on the image as a whole. 

So I could scale this up to an entire counties worth of farms with negligible increase in processing time.

How hard would it be to add a rule tilezed so that yellow in the veg map translates to grain like is in the farm west of Knox county?

Its looking really good, Have you loaded the map into tilezed and seen how it appears in the editor?

I'm assuming you mean the corn field's just north of Muldraugh in game at the farm? Should be doable if you could find the code that creates trees from the green colours and work from that. But that's a complete guess.

On another note here is an update on the suburbs progress, I've worked all of Lego's houses into the map now and thanks to Rekkie pointing me in the right direction i have got first of the pallets and weapon's tables sprites i made working so that when they are looted they appear empty and vice versa, I just have to set it up for all of them.

Now sitting at just over 600 buildings progress is coming along well the time consuming part is making the houses.

Overview3.thumb.png.4f56b36c3863464afddaf2bcf54f339a.png

closeupweek4.thumb.png.61c551c52cf4bf1ed8929ad6bac3d750.png

Edited by Neutz

Mostly me trying to not use the same house models when creating something new and resisting the urge to just recolor the old houses I made. I've got some things that will soon patch a loot of the neighboring area (houses facing north since there's a lack of them as you can all see).