What military vehicles do you think the devs will be adding in the upcoming updates ?

Legoland99

Hello, what are your thoughts about the new confirmed military vehicles that will be coming up. Any hopes or speculations about them are welcome. Feel free to add any insight on what it might be. 

My personal thoughts are that they'll either add a humvee, an apc, jeep or truck pretty soon. If you don't know about military vehicle confirmation look in the past news post and search using F and CTRL the word military. :)

The people who've seen me on discord will probably sigh "here he goes again" since I already repeatedly speculated and expressed my hopes for the military vehicles, long before they were even confirmed. But yes, here I go again!

I hope the developers will be somewhat true to the roster of the US Army's vehicles of the time, especially since Fort Knox was a big deal for the army because of the Army Armor School there. And since the units stationed at Fort Knox during the era were pretty varied (armored, infantry and mechanized infantry) I hope we'll see a lot in the end. Though I am sure not in the next update, I hope the final roster is awesome.

1. M1A1 Abrams Main Battle Tank
  2. M1A2 Abrams Main Battle Tank
  3. M2A2 Bradley Infantry Fighting Vehicle
  4. M3A2 Bradley Cavalry Fighting Vehicle
  5. M113 Armored Personnel Carrier
  6. M998A1 Humvee (+variants)
  7. M35 2 1/2 ton truck
  8. M939 5 ton truck

Let me dream please.

2 hours ago, GHawkins said:

The people who've seen me on discord will probably sigh "here he goes again" since I already repeatedly speculated and expressed my hopes for the military vehicles, long before they were even confirmed. But yes, here I go again!

I hope the developers will be somewhat true to the roster of the US Army's vehicles of the time, especially since Fort Knox was a big deal for the army because of the Army Armor School there. And since the units stationed at Fort Knox during the era were pretty varied (armored, infantry and mechanized infantry) I hope we'll see a lot in the end. Though I am sure not in the next update, I hope the final roster is awesome.

7. M35 2 1/2 ton truck
  8. M939 5 ton truck

Let me dream please.

1 hour ago, sharkstertheshark said:

Just an M998 and an M35. The odds theyre adding an APC is pretty slim.

They will most likely only add those 2 for now. A tank would be pretty op and they'd need shells and such. Mechanics like that are unknown right now in pz so it wouldn't make too much sense unless you wanna mow down zombies and make a lot of noise.  But great ideas and speculations so far !

1 hour ago, Legoland99 said:

They will most likely only add those 2 for now. A tank would be pretty op and they'd need shells and such. Mechanics like that are unknown right now in pz so it wouldn't make too much sense unless you wanna mow down zombies and make a lot of noise.  But great ideas and speculations so far !

I think they are less concerned about adding tanks then adding what you'd need to operate, maintain and stop a tank not to mention that PZ is not a game with a great amount of destruction physics or sprites and when you say that you really mean drive through every West Point building like a maniac.

5 hours ago, sharkstertheshark said:

I think they are less concerned about adding tanks then adding what you'd need to operate, maintain and stop a tank not to mention that PZ is not a game with a great amount of destruction physics or sprites and when you say that you really mean drive through every West Point building like a maniac.

It would be kind of cool though. I hope that with the new team members they can make something. I'm still waiting for the Louisville map. I've found in the editor the Louisville Hospital Sign, which is kinda nice to know that they've been working on Louisville :>

On 11.06.2017 at 0:10 PM, GHawkins said:

7. M35 2 1/2 ton truck
  8. M939 5 ton truck

Let me dream please.

If they add tank,only as decoration,or for military NPC in upcoming future 

1 hour ago, Deputy said:

Fort Knox, being such a large military installation, ought to have tanks - for show at least, if nothing else.

Fort Knox was home to the US Army Armor School until 2010. It was /the/ number one place that had armoured vehicles because soldiers were being trained to operate them. That includes the US Marines.

Also, the '92 LA riots are only a good example for the police and National Guard equipment. The actual US Army did not deploy en force during the riots, it was the Marine Corps that did. 

There is a difference between US Army and USMC equipment. I doubt the USMC would deploy to Muldraugh, seeing as an army base is right next to the door and there's no marine base close enough.

I was on my phone yesterday evening, so I couldn't really reply properly.  

18 hours ago, Deputy said:

Concerning the military, I'm considering the whole map, including Louisville.  The Kentucky National Guard would be the ones dealing with the fallout and working with law enforcement in the major metropolitan area concerning the rise of the undead and the fall of the city.  There are several NG locations in and surrounding Louisville, so taking note of MC equipment isn't off-beat. They aren't the army, but they'd be the ones in the city with Humvees and transports maintaining order.

The Kentucky National Guard would most certainly be the ones working with local law enforcement, those being Muldraugh, Rosewood, West Point or Louisville, in an attempt to maintain order. It's very probable that the Indiana National Guard would help as well, considering how close the Knox Event zone is to the state border.  Seeing as the President ordered the quarantine, it's also highly probable that the National Guard is federalized and thus comes under United States Army command.

However, both of the Kentucky and Indiana National Guards are part of the Army National Guard. The Army National Guard, to my best knowledge, only uses United States Army acquired equipment, not that of the United States Marine Corps.

Yes, the USMC and the US Army use a lot of the same equipment. Both operate humvees, both operate the M1 Abrams, both forces used the M16 rifle as their primary firearm in the timeframe of the game.

But aside from those, that's where a lot of the similarities end. Although I won't list each and every detail of the equipment, I can list a few differences.

First of all, the United States Army uses the following two vehicles in the role of Armoured Personnel Carrier or Infantry Fighting Vehicle;

m113.jpg

The M113

M2_Bradley_Reforger_1985.JPEG

The M2 Bradley.

Both of these vehicles are in use with both the US Army and the Army National Guard. The following vehicles, are however not.

1200px-USMarines_AAV_Iraq_apr_2004_116_h

The AAV 7

LAV-25_armored_vehicle.jpg

The LAV-25 (although technically a reconnaissance vehicle, it works for the comparison).

Although I am most certainly not saying I wouldn't enjoy the game if the developers modeled a military vehicle after the LAV, I'd love if the attention to detail found in many parts of this game already was extended to the military, in that the proper vehicles are represented.

But like you said, time will tell.

Archived