On zombie monoculture

Lumbo

I am a gamer in the purest form, the kind developers can learn from, old and lazy. I like this game, so here's a true gamer's opinion on the conventional zombie celibacy: It sucks. A zombie hulk wouldn't break the lore and wouldn't be too hard to code in. Things could be spiced up tension- and most importantly gameplay-wise on so many levels with the introduction of A FEW other creatures. Zombie dogs, zombie cats, zombie cars, zombie truck endboss, zombie pineapples... I really don't get the game's deliberate uniformity of opponents, I wonder what is the reason. Also, raising many players' IQ/tolerance wouldn't harm. Don't answer if you disagree.

2 hours ago, Lumbo said:

Don't answer if you disagree.

Yeah that doesn't work in here, all suggestions are open to criticism.

Anyways.

[n]    Zombie Beasts or Infected Animals
[n]    "Special" Infected or any type of superhuman zombies

This is explicitly from the "Commonly Suggested Suggestions" thread, specifically under "The big no's" and "The most important ones are highlighted in red. If you take nothing else from this thread, please pay attention to these."

4 hours ago, Svarog said:

They'll be adding random speed so you'll have some runners sometimes to break the monotomy.

You can also wait a for dragons to become part of the game, that will really spice it up.

A runner here and there sounds awesome, really! That may satisfy my needs for challenge. Until then I guess I proceed to play with all negative traits x)

Yeah that doesn't work in here, all suggestions are open to criticism.

Well, you can try, lol. As for the list, zombie pineapples are neither special nor superhuman.

If you need a super hardcore challenge go to sandbox mode and turn all zombies to runners with superhuman senses and strength and make it so they can open doors.

Next IWBUMS build should have even more options for zeds for extra fun. 

Yea, I only play MP though, cool runnings bugged there :(

26 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Next IWBUMS build should have even more options for zeds for extra fun. 

Oh that's getting me curious, gonna investigate.

Just now, Lumbo said:

Well, do we know anything about the cause of the outbreak and details? I really don't know, but in case of experiments I can imagine them to be a thing (Cataclysm: DDA inspired)

You can know something about it by listening ingame radio.

Archived