Streetlights?

Neutz

If you're wanting to place the tall streetlights, they come in two parts; the base and a top. Most of this you'll understand, but just in case anyone would like a full explanation on how it works, I've included everything.

Place the base part on Level_0, under whatever layer name you deem appropriate for the lighting.

The order of the layer matters, upper layers will display over the top of lower layers. I've put it below Vegetation.

(Please ignore the fact that I have so many layers here -- they're auto-generated by MoreCellz)

Lighting_A.png.8a963e678e7728414a0570138beb6c7d.png

Next, you'll need to make a level above Level_0. To do this, click on the Layers TAB.

Then right click on the white space to bring up the context menu and "Add Tile Layer".

Notice the prefix in front of all the layers. 0_, 1_, 2_ which designates the various levels the layer will reside on.

As you can see, I've got 0_Lighting and 1_Lighting.

Lighting_B1.png.9492b610aacb18ebeb84f692942c89c1.png

Click on your Level_1 layer you created, and add the top part.

Take note where you place the top part, it's located negative -3 squares from the base on both the X and Y axis. I've removed the base layer to show this.

Lighting_B.png.2b14170d90266b294052c6ec6ff9ccf8.png

With both Lighting layers combined.

Lighting_C.png.4ca956d84eee14e3ed13f7e85a0bef1c.png

If you're adding in custom lighting, then you'll need to edit the Tile Definitions file, and assign the lighting properties to the part of the light which illuminates, which in this case is the top part only.

Lighting_D.png.c824f699b888faba5ba7ee8592169dd4.png

Hmm. I just gave it a quick test with two different lighting types. I didn't use the Street Decoration button, oddly it wouldn't work for me anyway. Maybe like you said, you're missing something.

screenshot_09-06-2017_22-42-13.thumb.jpg.876f360ce1a6a6a4213974c59e4b74f4.jpg

I figured out in order to use the "street decorations" tool you need both layers 0_Furniture and 1_Furniture, I can now place streetlights and the other objects using it which makes it much easier, it even tells you the distance from the last streetlight.

However outdoor lighting still isn't working at all on the map.

Edit: Figured out its as simple as street lights aren't working on the vehicle branch lol

Edited by Neutralnz1