corpses causing dissease

Patrick H

I'm getting a little concerned about that in all honesty.
Not because i fear additional difficulty, it's more so that i have killed so many zombies on my primary save file, that this could prove to be a MASSIVE problem.
How will this work? Will the number of zombies increase the pace at which my character gets sick? Will the amount of zombies increase the severity of sickness?
Will walls block this effect?
Here's why.. 

As you can see, i've killed a lot of zombies on this file.
Many of which are in front of my base. But there's more.

Just a few tiles to the south west;

How is this going to affect me?
Will i be able to get rid of bodies at all, or will my character develop a severe sickness the moment i try walking past this?
I'm very interested in the upcoming change, but without any gas cans left, i have reason to worry.

EDIT: The fact that i picked the prone to illness perk doesn't help much either.

41 minutes ago, OnceYouKillACow said:

From what there saying you will be able to A.Burn them B.Bury them with a shovel im guessing

I'm wondering how they will balance this. If more corpses = more disease then will it be essential to keep the area tidy? It could make living in an urban environment impossible as you'll be constantly cleaning up the migrating hordes. I also wonder how shuffling corpses around isn't more hazardous to health then leaving them to decompose (which they really should do).

Would be cool to have a base surrounded with sun-bleached skeletons.

28 minutes ago, Patrick H said:

Are these graves for just 1 zombie? Because i don't think that would work for me. I like the idea though!

If we're going with deep graves, it should be able to fit 5 or so.

Hopefully it won't just be singular .  . . really want mass graves / burn pits in the game, just from a practicality standpoint.

Shallow/piled stone grave alternative would be nice, rather than full dress graves for memorial.

will we get some kinda way to stack several zombies into a stack cart or something like that and then move bigger numbers at once to a safe burn place 

maybe just craft some kinda sled with rope, then load like 5 or 10 zombies on a sled and move em over and you get the same overweight that you get for a single zombie or something like that

theres a mod that allows you to craft stacks of lumber, so you dont have to move 4 logs at once all the time at the slowest speed and can move bigger stacks at once as long as you have rope and are able to bear the weight it would be cool to have a similar system for corpses

There needs to be a way to carry zombies to grave without having the character carrying each and every god damn zombie on their shoulders tho.

I am thinking that in the meantime you can use a pickup truck to get all the zombies corpses and get them out.

Or some cart that allows you to move a large amount of zombies around would be neat too.

Also there really needs to be a mass grave of sorts when it comes down to destroying corpses, i dont imagine some dude digging up to 900 graves for random zombies he killed while chopping up trees around his safehouse and buring zombies in the wild is the worst way to dispose zombies.

However maybe doing some sort of custom cremator that you just can stockpile corpses into it would be more useful, then again we are stepping into the "Building a forge is not realistic!" type of deal, so maybe let us control the spread of fire from corpses in a more direct approach? 

18 hours ago, Blasted_Taco said:

There needs to be a way to carry zombies to grave without having the character carrying each and every god damn zombie on their shoulders tho.

I am thinking that in the meantime you can use a pickup truck to get all the zombies corpses and get them out.

Or some cart that allows you to move a large amount of zombies around would be neat too.

Also there really needs to be a mass grave of sorts when it comes down to destroying corpses, i dont imagine some dude digging up to 900 graves for random zombies he killed while chopping up trees around his safehouse and buring zombies in the wild is the worst way to dispose zombies.

However maybe doing some sort of custom cremator that you just can stockpile corpses into it would be more useful, then again we are stepping into the "Building a forge is not realistic!" type of deal, so maybe let us control the spread of fire from corpses in a more direct approach? 

I would personally like it if we got a sandbox option for corpses despawning over time. A bit unrealistic, but it's just sandbox mode.

9 hours ago, Patrick H said:

I would personally like it if we got a sandbox option for corpses despawning over time. A bit unrealistic, but it's just sandbox mode.

It's necessary for performance at this point.

It also needs to despawn the oldest, non-player-corpse zombie when a certain number exist in the loaded area, or  large numbers of corpses kill performance.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

It's necessary for performance at this point.

It also needs to despawn the oldest, non-player-corpse zombie when a certain number exist in the loaded area, or  large numbers of corpses kill performance.

I thoroughly agree with the performance part. There are about 2500 Zombies in close proximity to my base. The game ran much smoother when i first started playing on this file.
EDIT: 2500 Dead zombies

Archived