Automatic Normal Speed

JM_Forest_64

Alright, based on my most recent death experience,

I'm reading a book in a my house on the edge of town.  Everything is barricaded.  I triple-accelerate the play speed in order to plow through the book.  I begin to hear a very rapid thud; it sounded like the helicopter.  I thought, "Well, I haven't made a peep and I can't be seen, I'll just wait here and let the action pass me by."  Turns out, for some reason, a zombie mystically sensed that I was in the corner of this particular house.  It had started pounding on the boarded window, but due to the triple acceleration, it sounded like the helicopter.

By the time I heard the glass shatter, peed my pants, and hit a movement button in order to shift play speed back to normal, it was too late.  The zombie had gnawed me the death just that fast!  Sooooo, two things I learned from this particular death:

1.)  Currently, if you hear anything, anything, ANYTHING, that sounds remotely strange while you are in accelerated time, get back to normal speed and check it out!  It could/will save your short, remaining life.

2.) My suggestion is that, upon any zombie sighting, the game automatically kicks back to normal speed.  I think that's fair.  Yes, taking one step already puts you back to normal speed, and that's probably good enough 99.95% of the time.  However, if you're slightly ignorant and naive, like me, then it's not too much to ask that normal speed kicks in when a zombie is seen.   It at least gives the player a few seconds to react, which would be true in reality.  Unseen zombies, well, they should still kill you anyway :).

Anyone out there agree with me?

I've almost met my demise many times due to this. When it happens, I have to blame myself for not paying attention but the game could help me out a little.

Like you say, unless you've chosen desensitized or have lived long enough to not get panicked, your character will become startled when it sees a zombie so perhaps the panic moodle could be the trigger to slow time down again.

• 2 months later...