game wont start

ikilltangos1

Question

I want to play this game so bad but when I go to start it up for the first time it gets stuck on 

First time setup...

Installing: Microsoft VC Redist Package

I am really starting to get pissed of as I have been sitting here for 7 hours now waiting for it to launch and it hasn't moved passed that. PLEASE HELP!!!

1 answer to this question

Unfortunately, this is sometimes a problem with Steam. Have you tried just uninstalling and reinstalling? If that doesn't work, your best bet may be to install the component manually. If you right click Project Zomboid in your Steam Library, go to "properties," click on the "Local Files" tab, click on "Browse Local Files." Go into the _CommonRedist folder and open vcredist folder. Inside you should see several years, click on 2015 (or 2013 if that's the most recent one in there) and click on one of the .exe files to install it. You want the x64 one if your computer is 64-bit. The x86 one if your computer is 32-bit. If you're not sure let me know and I can help from there.

These are Microsoft components that are required to play the game. Unfortunately sometimes Steam just messes up the install and it hangs. Sometimes I've had this with other games and been able to get around it just by clicking the 'x' in the installing window until the game launched. It's kinda spotty and I sure wish Steam would fix it. Hopefully this sorts it for you, cheers!

Archived