Ideas about an amazing fashion?

Margera

Does anyone have any idea how this could be used by developers? Just the work of these guys looks amazing, but the concept of quiet start of the game at the beginning of the zombie apocalypse does not allow developers to add these sprites (

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=869449336&searchtext=

Or do you think it's better to leave it as a mod for someone who wants it?

Sorry for my English :(
Yours faithfully, the guy from cold Russia.

Actually,

the erosion system is already in. In certain urban centers, you could have these features appearing as "erosion" of urban sprites. It might look a little choppy, so perhaps it could be tied to NPC activity. For example, the longer the NPCs were dicking about in a house, the more of this stuff would replace the original sprites.

Edited by thiosk

But that's sprites make the technique don't work)
So in time all the equipment in the city will come to the format - broken?

26 minutes ago, thiosk said:

the erosion system is already in. In certain urban centers, you could have these features appearing as "erosion" of urban sprites.

7 minutes ago, Margera said:

But that's sprites make the technique don't work)
So in time all the equipment in the city will come to the format - broken?

Maybe. I think the designers would have to decide how to do it. The  process of replacing one tile with another over time- after one year in game, most of the roads are broken and the houses are all covered with vines.  SO it makes sense after a few years that most of the refrigerators won't work-unless you got new ones from electronics stores maybe?

UpR7F1j.png

the land gets very ugly after 1 year. This is why i think sprites should change only when "NPC" characters or human characters are within 60 tiles, and the longer you're there, the more likely it is that the house would get look more "used". 

Many more sprites could be added so that every object could have many "looks." Maybe the bullet hole fridge becomes "broken" but the one with magnets works perfectly. Or they all keep working. Or they wear out over time and get ugly the more you use them!

Edited by thiosk

I'm really liking your idea @Margera. It makes the world feel more lived in, and would go great in combination with NPC characters as @thiosk suggested. Interestingly you gave me an idea.

The mapping tool I've been working on converts the game lot files (map files) to editable TMX/TBX files which WorldEd and TiledZed can open... I could easily add a custom editable filter, which _randomly_ swaps out selected stock sprites and replaces them with other sprites of the same category. Who knows, I may add this feature anyway because I've been considering expanding what the tool can do.

Sounds very great! :)

57 minutes ago, Rekkie said:

I could easily add a custom editable filter, which _randomly_ swaps out selected stock sprites and replaces them with other sprites of the same category. Who knows, I may add this feature anyway because I've been considering expanding what the tool can do.