A Bunch Of Questions About Self-Hosted Multiplayer :)

BayCon

So I've been hosting a game for my friends and I to play over the past month, and I noticed that when we killed zombies, the blood never appeared on the environment. The blood drop particles would fly around, but never land and leave the gore. Decorating my surroundings with the colors of the apocalypse has always been something I enjoyed doing in this game. I'm going to add numbers to group each set of questions as being part of the same topic.

1. How do I enable blood splatters? Is it a client-side thing or a server-side thing? If I enable blood splatters now, would they appear where we already killed zombies?

2. I have 5 gb of RAM allocated to my server client (however it runs on my PC, not dedicated server hardware). Is that enough to handle blood splatters for my friends and I? There are just three of us most of the time. Also, is this too much or too little RAM? I can certainly add more.

3. Is it possible to take a singleplayer world online?

4. Why is it impossible to teleport players to me, but I can teleport to them. My name on Steam is in unicode (Ɛɭ Ɓʊɧɖąį), but in-game it just appears as "ąį". When I try to teleport my friends to me using the admin panel, it will usually say something like "No such command /teleport [friend] ąį", and you can forget about it working if I type it manually.

5. Can I run the Vehicle Tech Test Build without it affecting my server as long as I don't run it under that build? When vehicles come into the stable game and I update to that version, will I have to reset my world, or will vehicles automatically populate the world?

Archived