P2P Player desync, objects and map tiles

Anim

Question

I'm posting here in the hopes that someone has encountered and fixed a similar issue, or knows who to talk to about a problem I'm having with the game.

I started playing with a friend last night, me hosting with a couple of mods enabled (listing soon) and we encountered quite a large issue with objects despawning on the map.

My friend would be building a few crates and moving a few other objects around within a building and then storing items in them, as well as barricading windows and doors. I would be out and about scavenging and bringing back equipment from the surrounding area.

Upon my return to the area I would see some of the changes made to the building, but not all of them. We confirmed that I could only see a few of the boarded up windows and crates, while my friend who had built them could see them all and interact with them (taking an item out of the container and dropping it on the floor allowed me to see the item).

My friend then rejoined the server to see what happened and on his return all of his work was gone, and he then saw what I did. The confusing part is that not all of the changes they made were gone, I could see some of the boarded up windows and a few crates and half of a shelving unit they re-positioned in a room. The shelving unit had reset back to its original position, but only half of it, the other half was still in the new location.

The mods running are Hydrocraft and Melee Weapons and we're playing on Bedford Falls.

Anyone got a thought on why this might be happening?

1 answer to this question

Archived