Soul Filcher's Farming Time

Soul Filcher

Hello survivors, I uploaded to Steam's workshop a mod that might interest modders and players that like farming. With existing mods like Farmoid and Hydrocraft out there there wasn't much of a point in making my own with a few new crop types, since farming mods are not compatible in their current forms. So that's the issue I decided to solve and now is in its first working version.

The mod makes changes to basicFarming.lua and farming_vegetableconf.lua so that all mods using these modified files will work together, as well as allowing for some extra customization. Here are the current features:

-New crop types in the "Sow Seed" menu without the need to replace ISFarmingMenu.lua.
-New crop types without the need to change farming_vegetableconf.lua.
-Uses specific grow functions for each crop type, without the need to reference them directly in basicFarming.lua.
-Allows custom growing stage descriptions (seedling, young, ready for harvest, and so on) for each stage, Check corn for examples.
-Allows custom plants to remain in a spot when harvested just like strawberries. They revert to the growing stage number defined in "retainOnHarvest" for that crop type.

And some ideas for future versions, in case people feel they are worth adding:

-Customizable resistance or weakness to diseases for each crop type.
-Plant types that don't use seeds with their separate "sow" menu.

Known bug: Plant types using custom icons have instead a white square in the plant info window. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I hope to get some feedback and that farming mods change to to this system so we can finally decide to play with them together, and make new smaller farming mods interesting to have. Beyond that new system the mod adds beets, cauliflowers and corn as new crop types. Insecticide and mildew spray cans that can be found in crates and counters.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...