Indoor and Outdoor Lighting.

My group has managed to build a large compound and we are now building buildings for specific tasks but its very dark out there.  Other than the flashlight on a stick are there any other light sources available.   Such as being able to wire light bulbs up?

Hope something like this gets put in if it isnt available atm.

Thanks.

I can think of a few.  If you have a Generator that you can operate, you can steal Table Lamps from houses, add the proper Light Bulbs, fire the generator, and it should (in theory) enable them to light up. 

A common campfire also works but I would not recommend it for indoor use, there have been cases of... accidents.

You can also try and move a Traditional Stove from any Cabin in the Woods. Works on the same fuel as campfires, gives off a nice red lighting, and there is no risk of a fire spreading, so it is perfect for indoor use.

I am not sure if candles work yet, I think not but it is worth a shot.

I will edit my post with more ways if any come to mind. Good luck and have fun!

We definitely need more lighting. I don't even care if you have a construction solar power thing with a lamp attached to it, it would be fantastic for more light.

Having some sap or something to make a torch or having a tiki torch thing would be great. Tiki torches were huge in the 90s, and very popular on patios. I WANNA HAVE A TIKI TORCH

Some kind of dynamo light would be cool too. Maybe having a bicycle to a dynamo engine would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

Since generators have come in I still have not played with them. From what I read (it has been awhile and I am now just coming back to the forums) generators eat up a lot of fuel. My thinking was it was not worth getting into.

So I guess my question is does the fuel last long enough that you can actually use it for lights every night?

3 hours ago, nickodemos said:

Since generators have come in I still have not played with them. From what I read (it has been awhile and I am now just coming back to the forums) generators eat up a lot of fuel. My thinking was it was not worth getting into.

So I guess my question is does the fuel last long enough that you can actually use it for lights every night?

They changed a few builds back to consume fuel based on how many items that are connected.  And now, at least on MP, you can set how much fuel they consume overall. Not sure if that translated over to SP sandbox settings.  On my server I set the ratio to .2 that has translated roughly into a 12hr IRL run time  with 3 hour game days.  I have food rot sped up.  So I don't want to penalize players for sleeping or going to work IRl 

Archived