Mobile Version

After playing the game for some time I started to wonder if there is a mobile version of the game. It's been a year since I've looked and still nothing new. So I'm requesting that the developers construct a mobile friendly version that not only plays well but is also convenient to play unlike Minecraft mobile edition. This game would be extraordinary on higher end phone's.

2 hours ago, The Way Robin said:

After playing the game for some time I started to wonder if there is a mobile version of the game. It's been a year since I've looked and still nothing new. So I'm requesting that the developers construct a mobile friendly version that not only plays well but is also convenient to play unlike Minecraft mobile edition. This game would be extraordinary on higher end phone's.

This is very unlikely to happen anytime soon. Here are the reasons why:

1. The Indie Stone is a tiny team compared to the industry standard.

2. They are struggling enough as it is when working through some of the issues that pop up while developing their most ambitious features.

3. Making a mobile version of this game would require a lot more work than a team the size of TIS is capable of when they are still finishing the original game, and hiring a third-party studio to do the work required to port an entire game to another platform (which would be the best option to get all of that work done) would be too expensive for independent developers.

I wonder how well a typical mobile device could run the game now, let alone after the next few major updates..

But BayCon is right, that would take a lot of time that they probably don't have to split towards what may end up benefiting a small number of players all while delaying the rest of development.

Archived