Mondoid: Your Questions Answered (#2)

nasKo

So "roadmap" is "West Point", "Iso Revolution", "NPC"? (With regards to major things anyway)

What's the prio on split-screen multiplayer? Not saying it needs work, I'm just throwing questions out there. The more information the better I think.

Also, where are NPC's at now? Are they still at the same level as before?
http://projectzomboid.com/blog/2013/08/mondoid-bloomin-mondoid/
Or have you been working on them "half an hour here, half an hour there".
Saw lemmy yelling at "datkid". Sorry for not reading everything before posting >.<

Also I too, as does Suomiboi, would like to know about Mash's run, and what her plans are after West Point! I'm usually there (at the marathon) as a volunteer but this year couldn't do it. :(

I ask this all the time so its probably already anticipated but... How is progression going in balancing the dragons? Will they be soloable?

Also I noticed during a certain someones live stream some west point buildings have been named after some esteemed members of the the community. Are these one offs or will more of us be emblazoned for eternity in our favourite sandbox?

Any timeline on when split-screen will be mostly kink and glitch free?

So far, my girlfriend and I have had a blast playing together using the latest steam build (Starting as Administrator on Executable, after finding the PZ game directory, has been key for playing split-screen). It's an absolutely blast, but the games are generally cut premature due to a game ending bug or another. On top of strange interface errors, the mouse is essential to both players interface, and often times we muust wait turns to loot/use our inventories to avoid interference. Almost always, things would go awry if we tried using our respective inventories at the same time. We both love the game, and it's a bunch of fun single-player, as well as split-screen despite the bugs and kinks. Glad to be part of the process. :D

Windows 7 Ultimate

i5-2500k CPU @ 3.30GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

For the time being split screen is a bit back burner. They've got some important stuff coming really soon on the horizon. Hopefully after we knock out a few of the big pushing issues split screen can see a nice rework and polish. Let me know if you have any other questions!

I watch almost every lets play and stream for zomboid i can find. The zombie streaming problems are out of hand on every video i watch. I have put plenty of video links up to show what is happening with the zombies. They are attaching themselves to roamers and zombies chasing people. I know some big things have came up and it has been put on hold but it needs to be fixed. I have personally watched 4 youtube videos die because of this bug and only 2 left that are playing it on a weekly bases when they used to play it daily.

So my question is. When can we expect a fix for the zombie streaming bug after west point and the iso revolution or after npcs?

To amend RoboMatt's answer, some work is being done on zombie spawning even with all of the crap going on right now. No idea when/if it will come to fruition, but don't think the issue has been forgotten. That's probably the best answer you're gonna get from me or the devs XD

1) How much is planned for actual survival techniques in the future? I trained with the Royal Marines for 6 months and we did a survival exercise in dartmoor where we met survival experts (super human tough lads) where we was shown things like solar stills, creating fire with just sticks and strings, making shelter out of whatever was around, killing and preparing a chicken with your bare handstand, purifying dirty water naturally... the list continues!

2) is wind going to be implemented into the weather system? because that plays a challenge against survival and moral! That's speaking on experience with wet clothes on a winters night! And surprisingly on a summers night with wet clothes...

3) does TIS know how truly awesome PZ really is? :-D

Seustace89, as far as your first question goes, I'm sure they plan some of this stuff for the future but do keep in mind that in PZ you're meant to be an 'average' person and most people don't know how to make things like solar stills off the top of their heads.

On the same 'survivalism' vein, I have a question:

Any plans to add a hatchet and/or a 'real' knife any time soon? A knife is the most basic survival tool, and the most important one that it's possible to have.

This is probably too late now, but sod it:

1) I remember ages ago someone saying that a rewrite of the code you have done might allow for sloping terrain. Any progress on that? If not, would you consider the old xcom trick of weird shading on flat tiles to give the illusion of 3D terrain and adjusting vision accordingly?

2) Why haven't you got a community hub running on steam? comon dudes!

3) Are you going to add more dragons?

So, like...who is your favorite spice girl...seriously though? Favorite member of Hansen? How about how much money have you guys collectively spent on plush beanies? Now obviously i'm not the only one looking for answers to my burning questions but if there is room I must know. How excited are you for japanese post punk band "Melt-Banana" to be releasing a new album?

Also bear in mind that, if the Gods are good and we nail a couple of issues we're working on, you'll hopefully have West Point before the Mondoid goes live, so perhaps worth not asking questions about that. :D

Are the Gods good?

I know I am good.

The other gods, though? It depends on how drunk they are.

1)How will the metagame work late in the game? Will the NPC's farm, create new bases, etc. And how will NPC's that are on your team deal with custom made buildings and bases? Is the AI adaptive in that sense?

2)Will we see new guns like an assault rifle, revolver, hunting rifle and more? Will there be weapons that are only lootable from fallen soldiers that were sent in to contain the outbreak?

If down the future, more 'hard survival' requirements are added, will we be able to alter what affects us?

IE a checklist of what you want your survivor to go through.

[X]  Hunger
[X]  Thirst
[  ]  Affected by weather
[X]  Malnourishment
[  ]  Nutritional requirements