Mondoid: Your Questions Answered (#2)

nasKo

Hooya!

Some people might remember something similar from not too long ago; we're answering your questions for the upcoming Mondoid!

Basically, APZDTISA #2!

It's a chance for you to get updates on the stuff you want to know stuff about, so take it!

Got a question? Shoot in in this thread. 

If you like a question from someone else, click the "Like This" button on it. We'll answer the most popular questions if there are too many to cover in one Mondoid.

Before asking away, please check out our FAQ, if you haven't yet. Questions that were asked will probably not be covered.

Hit us!

I would like to hear TIS's position on incest as per that other thread - can you morally allow the human race to become extinct if you could stop it? Is this going to be a relationship option for NPCs?

geez!? seriously? being fry about it... not sure if serious

tdb3280_not-sure-if-fry-uKXXu6.jpg?bc

Also if a wood chuck could chuck wood, how many goats will be sacrificed in my next sunday guild meeting?

To elaborate a bit more, has the work on NPC resumed? If not, when will it be?

datkid, for the umpteenth time, we've suspended all NPC development, as per our Mondoid a few weeks back as well as the latest Mondoid, and we'll not resume it until we're on Steam. :P This is at least the second time I've specifically told you this on the forums too.

Latest Mondoid:

We’ll continue to polish and optimize the interim builds until they can be updated on Desura and released on Steam proper. At that point we’ll start releasing beta builds with the 3D engine, at that point hopefully quite mature, as well as NPCs and other much awaited features.

1. Have you planned on what will be your next larger endeavor after NPCs and the 3D stuff is in? Or in other words, do you have somewhat a linear plan on what you will be doing in the more distant future, or is it a scramble?

Mash: How did the run go (presuming this is answered on monday or sunday)? And also what's the next map project you'll be working on, now that's West Point is done?

Have you guys considered some form of "roadmap" to show the community what your goals are and the order you'd like to achieve them?

Of course I realise this wouldn't be set in stone but it would be nice to see and could show what you'd like to achieve leading up to Steam release and beyond.

I'd like to add to the chorus of people asking for a long term release plan of sorts, not because I feel it is of great importance but because I'd like to see what ideas are already planned, even if they do not pan out in practice. This would also stem some of the repeat questions (as forum goers could post a link to already answered road map questions) and hopefully it would lead to better thought out Mondoid questions. ;)

Personally - I've an interest in the more hard side of survival (water, weather, wildlife, willpower, weaponry) so for me, besides dealing with zombies you've got to deal with the aftermath of the breakdown of civilization, and I'd like to explore that in a totally safe environment, clearly mods could tailor this experience as preferred but I wondered how far the default game intends to go.

It could easily be classified as a base game skill "survival knowledge" as many books exist on the subject with combinations such as bleach and water, traps such as a snare (cordage) or dead fall (Heavy Object and Trigger), and "rough" weaponry for hunting that could easily be turned on another human or zombie purposefully or accidentally.

I'd like to add to the chorus of people asking for a long term release plan of sorts . . .

Won't happen. Too many little wars have been fought around this one topic and concessions made to its effect to allow it. Too much anger and hate and misunderstandings when goals change or aren't reached in an "acceptable" time-frame.

I've lost touch with the development of the game so I have a few questions.

Is PZ moving to a new engine? The screenshot in the Mondoid article was taken with the new (3D) engine? The visuals look identical to what we already have in the game.

In the article released on the 14th it says Westpoint is almost finished and very close to release(1-2 days). Has it been release since then? I don't see it as a starting location so I assume it wasn't. I'm not rushing anyone, just curious.

I have some questions! Two, to be precise.

1) Looking WAY in the future, I know you're keen to implement vehicles of some variety, and I think that's going to be increasingly important given the sheer size of the map & distance to West Point. What pitfalls/hurdles can you foresee with implementing vehicles - what will be very difficult to do, or even impossible to do? And if you've thought about it yet - which kinds of vehicles do you think you'll implement, and why?

2) Let's look to the future again. After the new engine stuff has been done, and this build has been polished and put up on Steam, and work on the NPCs resumes... What little feature is each individual member of the Indie Stone most looking forward to working on? I'm hoping for a more specific answer than just "the NPCs," if possible!

A) Any plans for feral dogs/ escaped zoo animals, Clowns, or other non-human, non-zombie enemy types?

B) How's the the newest Tilezed coming along....?

C) Any exciting secret concept ideas you guys are happy to start working on soon? (booby traps, electricity generator crafting, military, or other planned soon to start being created content?)

D) How is every member of TIS so good-looking? ;)