New Town Or Am I Just Lost?

hominid

Is there a new town "north" of Pony Roam-O?  By north, I mean that if you're looking at the PZ map, go directly up on the screen. 

I was driving from the House by the lake (near the river up from West Point) to Pony Roam-O to raid for supplies.  I was following the paved roads on the map, but after a bit there was turns that didn't match up with what I was seeing. 

I drove and drove, mostly turning up and to the left of the map for a loong time, when suddenly I see a gas station. It looks nothing like any gas station I see on the map.  It's on the edge of a town, don't know how large yet as I am just starting to explore it.   There's a few commercial buildings, a good sized Food Mart (in the screenshot attached) and houses.  Again, they don't look like anything on the PZ map or anything I've seen before (I've got 350+ hours in).   And zero zeds so far.  

Maybe I wasn't paying attention and go totally turned around, but can anyone check it out to confirm, or let me know if they recognize the screenshot?

screenshot_12-05-2017_17-35-58.png

Here's how to get there.

Screenshot shows the Pony Roam-O as the blue dot to the left.  The circle and arrow shows the approximate location of a road that heads up.   Follow it, it jogs once or twice then heads up quite a ways.  At one point there is a road coming from the left.  Don't take it, keep heading up until you see the image in the next post.

zomboid_road.png

Nice find :D

I was driving west up this ( http://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.3032127294654738,0.1083351231336074,60.03206433787904 ) road to get to the farm and look for corn, and without realizing it, missed the "turn" because the road kept going west there :P Got insanely lost and ran into the edge of the map before restarting in Rosewood again lol

Turned off any map mods I still had on and noticed the road out west was still there. I was wondering when it was added since it's not on the last update of blindcoders map with Rosewood and March Ridge but I never would have guessed there would be buildings out there :)

Thanks for detailed directions on how to get there by the way :D I'll have to check this out on one of my next ventures :)

Took a trip up that way by taking the northern highway, left (west) out of Rosewood and followed it until I saw a tan (gravel?) road that I took until I saw a dirt road/trail that lead through a field that lead to a barn and three large slaughterhouse buildings. I followed the road next to the western field heading north and went west at the T in the road leading up to a neighborhood of white houses that eventually took me to the road leading north along what seems like the towns main street. Quite a few services/businesses along the way until I reached the food mart in your first screenshot :)

Looks like a really neat little area that I'm excited to explore :D Wondering if there's more out there :) Like could you find the Knox Heights Country Club ( https://projectzomboid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/knoxheights.png / https://projectzomboid.com/blog/2017/05/may-dayoid/ ) somewhere on the map now? :P

hominid, I can confirm that what you found is definitely new. The modified, or rather new cells are located @ 24,27 and 24,28 (there are more new cells which have buildings, but I don't want to give anything away).

Kim Jong Un, well spotted. The roof bug popped up in my (as of yet unannounced and WIP) mapping tool I've been programming. I've included a picture of the building with the roof bug, including a fixed version. The roof will look different in TiledZed to what it does in-game due to clipping. Please note that this building isn't a 100% exact replica, as it was fabricated by the application which isn't feature complete (wall trim being funky, some missing objects, etc).

Vasiam, you might need to update pz and/or make sure you're running the Vehicle test build of 37.14.

TownHallRoof_01.png

TownHallRoof_01_Fixed.png

...oops, that wasn't supposed to be in the build :o Well, I guess you've got a sneak preview of the upcoming area! However, consider it a WIP, and since it's not "zoned" it's going to be mighty boring there, so I'd stick to the regular map for now :)

19 minutes ago, MashPotato said:

...oops, that wasn't supposed to be in the build :o Well, I guess you've got a sneak preview of the upcoming area! However, consider it a WIP, and since it's not "zoned" it's going to be mighty boring there, so I'd stick to the regular map for now :)

You are probably the right person to inform directly about this, there is a backroad bridge that was "broken" during the last map update:

http://map.projectzomboid.com/?#0.7218510783512989,0.14344725142235784,95.39621664406894

AB584C4CD50958B9F7B1421B995C14C17C48EEDE

Don't fuss it MashPotato. From what I have seen so far (and I didn't want to spoil *everything* for myself), you're doing a fantastic job with the new areas! I look forward to exploring and probing with my scientific project  the new cells when they're ready.

Back_To_The_Future_Clock_Tower.jpg.30c4a5d07beddfd0619e6da8a3998ec1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

It would seem that they were accidentally mashed in, and now they're MashPotato'd out. The droids you're looking for aren't here, you can go about your business, move along citizen.

P.S. I'm sure they'll make a return when zey ar rdy. Plus, you don't want to spoil it for yourself! =)

Archived