How to "kinda" know you're infected with the Z-Virus.

zeeb

It's a simple one and I thought of this while recapping Dawn Of The Dead.

Bite or Scratch wounds from zombies that leads to the deadly infection shouldn't stop bleeding.
This way you can tell them apart, as well as adding extra difficulty by forcing change of bandage more often.

A lot of movies/books/other share this trait, that the virus doesn't coagulate the wound.
I think it would add some immersion, at least for me. I would really much like this.

Share your thoughts below!
/Z

Edited by zeeb

there is already kind of a way to tell (unless things have changed) im pretty sure that if you get bit or scratched best way to tell is to eat some food and see if your health bar gets to ok or not you cant get to ok health if your infected.

I'd like something like that :) Most of my survivors have met their demise to a simple scratch, and even if I must admit not knowing if you're going to get infected or not adds a lot to the tension (maybe even too much, it's damn stressful :D) it would be lore-friendly and game-friendly too having some kind of clue. The problem is... how would your character know, I mean, if you're roleplaying all the time as I am? Maybe it could be added to NNR reports or Triple-N, someone talking about how to spot the differences between an infected and a non-infected scratch. Oh, also, @fluffe9911 you're absolutely right about that method, the problem is that some traits interfere with that, hypochondriac for example makes you lose health just as you would if you were truly infected.

3 hours ago, Queen Glory said:

*Eats food and food and more food to slow the dying process to three days, just so i can walk from WP to my base in New Denver* 

Cars baby, please, come soon.

Haha, I've been there. Not the whole stranded in the wilderness while dying thing, but desperately eating just to get more time with my character. Pace yourself on that save!

I don't see cars coming to the stable branch in at least another few weeks. ;)

I also hope they won't add how the infection started in TV/Radio broadcasts.
Rather add bits and pieces of clues that might lead you to the information about what happened.

Edited by zeeb