Dying from anxiety and bugged kettle?

Officialadsffm

Question

So my character is very slowly loosing health and I had a nervous wreck moodle. I couldn't figure out what was going on as I was assured I wasn't infected, since I tried sleeping it off 3 times. Eventually I remember I had a smoker trait, so after smoking I no longer had nervous wreck moodle but it switched to agitated. From then I tried reading books, magazines, made sure nothing was there to discomfort my character, took beta blockers, ate satisfying things like chocolate out of desperation. Nothing is helping. I am still agitated and still for some reason slowly loosing health but it's so slow, sleeping for a bit or even being slightly fed is enough to not let my health drop below slight damage, however no matter how much or how long I am fed and sleeping, it can never reach OK. It seems very much like I'm dying from something that can't normally be identified unless you're aware, like a generator killing you if it's running inside the house but if you're not aware of gas dropping your health you'd never figure out, but it might be a bug or something else. Also, kettles. I filled a kettle and boiled it at campfire, but my kettle is bugged. When I right click, I get the option Pour in> but nothing is showing up even though I clearly have an empty bottle, and when I equip it in one of two slots, I can no longer unequip, only drop.

I am sorry if I'm not providing actual useful information and rather rambling, please notify me if any logs or anything are required.

Thanks.

2 answers to this question

Starting with the easy one first, if you check the bug tracker thread you will see there is a topic about the "Pour Into" command, which is currently bugged in 37.14 but RJ is commited to fixing it soon.

Now for the thing that is causing your health to drop, I am not sure if anxiety can normally kill you in PZ (never got myself in a similar position, if that is the case I just loved this game even more) but I am going to take a guess here and assume it is because of the smoker trait. To my knowledge, having the Smoker trait is the only case of the anxiety moodle not improving by reading books, eating chocolate etc. If you left your Smoker character without a cigarette for long enough to become a nervous wreck if would make sense that only smoking could improve their anxiety state (your character wants a smoke, not a bedtime story :P ). Have you tried smoking more than one cigarettes? Much like with food (if you are really really hungry, just eating a berry does not improve your condition much) maybe you need a few more (dozens :P ) of cigarettes before your character feels like their old self again. If that does not work, I would also try the Anti-depressants treatment, though it seems rather irrelevant to the case. If none of the above works, then we might as well call it a bug. As for the possibility of an "invisible infection", it seems unlikely, because if your character was infected with the zombie virus you would be dead already, and if it was just a plain infection your HP would not drop unless you have the Hypochondriac trait selected which I assume you do not.

Looking forward to further information regarding the problem, this one got me pretty interested since my characters always die of infection and not their mental condition.

15 hours ago, AceFromSpace said:

Starting with the easy one first, if you check the bug tracker thread you will see there is a topic about the "Pour Into" command, which is currently bugged in 37.14 but RJ is commited to fixing it soon.

Now for the thing that is causing your health to drop, I am not sure if anxiety can normally kill you in PZ (never got myself in a similar position, if that is the case I just loved this game even more) but I am going to take a guess here and assume it is because of the smoker trait. To my knowledge, having the Smoker trait is the only case of the anxiety moodle not improving by reading books, eating chocolate etc. If you left your Smoker character without a cigarette for long enough to become a nervous wreck if would make sense that only smoking could improve their anxiety state (your character wants a smoke, not a bedtime story :P ). Have you tried smoking more than one cigarettes? Much like with food (if you are really really hungry, just eating a berry does not improve your condition much) maybe you need a few more (dozens :P ) of cigarettes before your character feels like their old self again. If that does not work, I would also try the Anti-depressants treatment, though it seems rather irrelevant to the case. If none of the above works, then we might as well call it a bug. As for the possibility of an "invisible infection", it seems unlikely, because if your character was infected with the zombie virus you would be dead already, and if it was just a plain infection your HP would not drop unless you have the Hypochondriac trait selected which I assume you do not.

Looking forward to further information regarding the problem, this one got me pretty interested since my characters always die of infection and not their mental condition.

Yeah about smoking, I have emptied about 3 packs already and took crap tons of anti-depressants as well, I think it's safe to say that it is a bug, but then again I have quite a few mods installed (Nothing that would have to do anything with my health though). Can't wait till the kettle bug is fixed, so annoying!

Archived