How Will Vehicles Change Your Playstyle?

BayCon

On 5/9/2017 at 5:28 PM, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

I feel like attracting all zeds at full zoom is a little bit much, Most cars really aren't that loud.

i have a hunch that as the development continues, zeds will be more attractable generally. I have a feeling they declared them "good enough" to get the rest of the content in but as development continues there will be a push to do more with the zed. The addition of true-night will connect with the attraction in interesting ways i think. 

side note: in a world with no sound, you'd be amazed how far away you can detect the sound and vibration of a vehicle. its in the background in our world, but if you've ever lived near a major road (i spent the weekend overlooking a road with 50 mph traffic, that was LOUD when a car would come by in the middle of the night)

On 10/5/2017 at 11:42 PM, xXSly_WolfyXx said:

If us voicing our opinions makes you want to keep the amount of zeds cars attract where it is then something is seriously wrong. Cars are very awesome to have but if they stay where they are now then like guns there will be no point in using them (other than getting every zed in the map to follow you)

Guns are anything but pointless. If you can outrun zombies, then using a gun is definitely not a bad idea if you're in a sticky situation and can't do anything else. Same thing goes if you have enough ammo to kill the small group around you and then leg it before more zombies arrive.

On cars, I'm pretty sure they weren't meant for traversing condensed urban areas, but for long hikes in the wild or on the highway instead. Go to Muldraugh/West Point with your car, hide it in a safe place, bundle up some loot and then go back and retreat for another 3 weeks into your lonely cabin in the woods. Kind of makes it even easier to become a farming cabin hermit, so that's kind of a reason for me (or anyone that doesn't like being a farming cabin hermit) to not use them.

Using it like a tank and rolling up on a main street with your fully loaded crew might be fun though.

On 28. 5. 2017 at 5:13 PM, thiosk said:

i have a hunch that as the development continues, zeds will be more attractable generally. I have a feeling they declared them "good enough" to get the rest of the content in but as development continues there will be a push to do more with the zed. The addition of true-night will connect with the attraction in interesting ways i think. 

side note: in a world with no sound, you'd be amazed how far away you can detect the sound and vibration of a vehicle. its in the background in our world, but if you've ever lived near a major road (i spent the weekend overlooking a road with 50 mph traffic, that was LOUD when a car would come by in the middle of the night)

I'm sure many have said this before, but this is a game and not everything needs to be 100% realistic. Otherwise we can start adding random injuries such as broken ankle on the run or random cardiac arrest due to a jump scare. That being said, can you imagine the aftermath on a server with 12 people, 4 of which are driving around in cars, followed by mega hordes. Renders whole server unplayable.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:50 AM, Rocco36 said:

I'm sure many have said this before, but this is a game and not everything needs to be 100% realistic. Otherwise we can start adding random injuries such as broken ankle on the run or random cardiac arrest due to a jump scare. That being said, can you imagine the aftermath on a server with 12 people, 4 of which are driving around in cars, followed by mega hordes. Renders whole server unplayable.

it may b e the point, frankly. if some asshole 2 blocks over sets off an alarm while you're sleeping, zombies might try to get to the sound through your house. Or if theres a running gunbattle on your nice quiet street between two idiots suddenly you have a huge problem and maybe even have to abandon the crops and bug out.

theres an aspect to insanity that I really like. Zed are like weather; they blow through with varying ferocity. if large, noisy groups running many cars in large, established bases are impossible to play with because of the zed attraction to such outposts, maybe thats just part of it!

I look forward to seeing how it all shakes out.

Edited by thiosk

I was already travelling between Westpoint and muldraugh. (Still am) But i only went to the other cities because i couldn't find the herbalist, which is super useful and a free perk.
I'd probably never go back if it wasn't for the announcement of cars. I'll definitely go back when they get released.

Edited by Patrick H