Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

I'm getting pretty severe FPS drops when driving and when not driving. I was assuming that was already reported but just in case it wasn't I thought I'd drop it. Once that's fixed I'll test some more and let you know if I find anything, for now it's just difficult. But man this is good. Y'all did an amazing job on the vehicles. Very well done. Can't wait to see the final product! :)

3 hours ago, MrZombifiedGamer said:

I'm getting pretty severe FPS drops when driving and when not driving. I was assuming that was already reported but just in case it wasn't I thought I'd drop it. Once that's fixed I'll test some more and let you know if I find anything, for now it's just difficult. But man this is good. Y'all did an amazing job on the vehicles. Very well done. Can't wait to see the final product! :)

Glad to hear you like 'em :)

Ultimately performance is always likely to take a hit when big stuff like this gets mixed in, but Yuri has another round of optimization on his tasklist coming up to improve things. As I wrote in the Mondoid the general order of what he'll be doing is: clearing as many 'general' bugs as possible, fix up gamepad controls, get this build ready to be blended into the main game as an 'experimental' toggle so it can go into IWBUMS and then looking at improving the FPS.

In the mean-time, as ever, if people can supply us with their system specs and how they're finding current vehicle performance then I'm sure it will be helpful when Yuri comes to it. Stuff on his list is currently also things like: reduce impact of turning more than 90 degrees on FPS, look into impact on vehicle build FPS over driving through packed-in urban areas etc. 

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Ultimately performance is always likely to take a hit when big stuff like this gets mixed in, but Yuri has another round of optimization on his tasklist coming up to improve things. As I wrote in the Mondoid the general order of what he'll be doing is: clearing as many 'general' bugs as possible, fix up gamepad controls, get this build ready to be blended into the main game as an 'experimental' toggle so it can go into IWBUMS and then looking at improving the FPS.

In the mean-time, as ever, if people can supply us with their system specs and how they're finding current vehicle performance then I'm sure it will be helpful when Yuri comes to it. Stuff on his list is currently also things like: reduce impact of turning more than 90 degrees on FPS, look into impact on vehicle build FPS over driving through packed-in urban areas etc. 

My specs is ( watch screen )

and i feel pretty well with this build. No lags,even after 15 mins of the game.

хар-ки кампутеря.png

12 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Specs :
GPU: AMD Radeon R7 360
Processor: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core

And I'm using Windows 10. It's a custom prebuilt IBuyPower PC. I have a sneaky feeling it's Win10 causing me the issue. But the devs probably know better than I do.  My card only seems to be in issue in Beth games where it causes really weird bugs but no lag and the rest of my rig is never an issue besides occasionally overheating due to inferior cooling. But Win10 has caused more than its fair share of problems. From incorrectly distributing memory to unnecessarily bogging down my PC with useless apps. lol And if I remember correctly someone said that PZ is more memory intensive now? That might be part of my issue, or the whole issue. Either way I hope my input helps, sorry I couldn't give anymore details. I'll keep testing it and see if I can give more feedback. 

My system is running Linux (Kubuntu 17.04), and the hardware is a Schenker (Clevo) notebook with i7-4710MQ (4 cores + ht) and 16 gb ram; video is a nvidia gtx 860m with proprietary drivers.

It's a rather powerful machine and I have no issues if I run PZ at 1920x1080 (albeit the text is uncomfortably tiny).

There is a bit of stuttering when driving at high speed, but nothing else worth mentioning. Without vehicles it's flawless.

Update : So it would seem the lag has something to do with the population (and probably my mods aren't helping since when I turned them off it got somewhat better.) But turning down pop did it for me and based on what I'm seeing on my end it has something to do with the chunks loading in. Not sure why. Also, the heater isn't working. That may sound like a small issue but trust me, it is not. I have a thing with never being able to get warm in PZ lmao this is my lifeline. :P  So on that note I request that when the heater gets fixed it gets named the MZG Patch. MrZombifiedGamer Patch. Probably wont happen but aye I gave it a shot right? lol Anyway hope that little bit of info helps. Wish I knew more about the internals of the script so I could really dig in there... But yeah chunks loading, population and probably my mods. 

The vehicle built doesn't even start for me, never had any problems on the stable build, got +40hrs in with no crashes.

user@laptop ~ $ '/home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid.sh'
64-bit java detected
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 108600
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197987581562 [API loaded no]
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid/libfmodintegration64.so: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /home/user/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid/projectzomboid/libfmodintegration64.so)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary1(ClassLoader.java:1965)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1890)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1880)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
    at fmod.javafmodJNI.init(javafmodJNI.java:40)
    at fmod.fmod.FMODManager.init(FMODManager.java:127)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:873)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Can't load native libraries
    at fmod.javafmodJNI.init(javafmodJNI.java:48)
    at fmod.fmod.FMODManager.init(FMODManager.java:127)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:873)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)

6 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Are people still having issues with vehicle noise (aside from sound quality) that Yuri needs to look into?

Stuff like vehicle noise being heard after the vehicle has been turned off? 

I don't and I intentionally tried to break it so ot would reappear.

The noise should be heard by player from as far away as the zombies can hear it and that's really the only tweak i think it needs atm. It would help to know how far out of town I need to park the thing.

8 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Cool - thanks, just needed to know so I could remove it from Yuri's list.

Agreed generally on sound distance, but that will come when the new car sounds are put in I think.

I'll test it in mp and co op with my buddy in a few hrs if anything wonky comes up ill let you know.

tried the car branch again this week. 

was going OK until the game crashed as i exited car - a z was lunging at me as i exited if that matters. 

Now i dont mind a crash - but when i got back in the game my car with 200KG of loot was gone - no more.  i spawned in the road without my car and all its lovely loot.

:( basically my house dissapeared lol

3 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Cool - that wasn't on Yuri's list and should be attended to. Cheers for flagging it.

It seems like it was fixed for a while and reappeared since the new vehicle GUI ; np guys ! keep up the good work !

Hello everyone! First of all I want to apologize for my broken English.

I thank the developers for finaly adding vehicles to the PZ, but it's still quite buggy.

E.G. 

1) The sound of tires screeching sticks when in the pause menu(or how do you call it?).

2) You can see cars through the walls (screenshot #1).

3) The rails look glitchy as hell(screenshot #2)

4) Sometimes zombies, trying to break into your car, look quite strange(or maybe it should be like this)(screenshot #3) 

5) Besides sometimes the walking animation freezes for me too.

I hope you'll fix all the bugs! 

20170802190756_1.jpg

20170802191556_1.jpg

20170802191837_1.jpg

Edited by Lassopikasso