Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

9 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Maybe the game is trying to put the Spiffo's Van texture over a normal car? I think that's probably the most likely culprit.

Nope, It tries to replace it with tiles

XoZgmdX.png

I think somehow it reads Tiles2x0.png (Or various individual tiles) from Tiles2x.pack file as the texture in this case.

Edit: This only happens with Burned Cars and only when there is a lot of them on screen.

Edit 2: By the way

16 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Likewise if there are any particularly annoying things that are getting in your way when playing for extended times then let me know

The most annoying thing atm is inherent to Build 38.2, annoying super loud flies, now remedied in 38.3. [Also, make sure to remove the debug.lua file before next release ;) ]

Edited by Svarog

Get the following error when turning, it happens rarely but perhaps it might lead someone to the cause of FPS drops while turning?

Spoiler

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at zombie.vehicles.PolygonalMap2.allocChunkIfNeeded(PolygonalMap2.java:3627)
    at zombie.vehicles.PolygonalMap2.access$6(PolygonalMap2.java:3625)
    at zombie.vehicles.PolygonalMap2$ChunkUpdateTask.execute(PolygonalMap2.java:3108)
    at zombie.vehicles.PolygonalMap2.updateThread(PolygonalMap2.java:3779)
    at zombie.vehicles.PolygonalMap2$PMThread.runInner(PolygonalMap2.java:3892)
    at zombie.vehicles.PolygonalMap2$PMThread.run(PolygonalMap2.java:3881)

Also, just about every vehicle, if flipped onto it's roof, has barely any friction going on. This also applies to Burned Cars no matter what. They just slide as if the ground was Ice.

Edit: In Local Co-Op I found that when both players are in the car, very often the cars simply won't collide with any walls or objects and instead just NoClip through them.

Edit 2: Like So

Edited by Svarog

So I have a bug that I've encountered probably 10 times in the last hour of gameplay that is a bit difficult to isolate: 

Essentially if I'm in the car OR outside the car attempting to interact with the Vehicle wheel (keyboard V) then, in some circumstances I become locked in the vehicle. I won't be able to turn the vehicle off, exit the vehicle (either with E or by using the keyboard wheel) and the only fix is to quit the game and reload. Oddly enough, the game doesn't appear to throw any errors when this happens.

4 hours ago, davisilva26 said:

como tirar modo de invencibilidade do modo de teste do veiculo, por que eu não me arranho não levo dano de qualquer coisa.

I think crashing into things causes character damage in the code, but because some of the damage doesn't make sense yet (crashing into things that would actually fall apart like fences, saplings, windows) they probably have invincibility on.  I tried taking the invincibility off with cheat menu mod, but it didn't do anything. Must be built into the build.

47 minutes ago, Houski said:

Acho que bater em coisas provoca danos de caractere no código, mas porque o dano não faz sentido ainda (bater em coisas que na verdade iria desmoronar como cercas, mudas, windows) provavelmente têm invencibilidade. Eu tentei tirar a invencibilidade com cheat menu mod, mas não fiz nada. Deve ser construído para a compilação.

valeu pela explicação. entendir thanks

Grave Digging Bug? (Feature)?

So the graves are not behaving the way I expected them to. First, they appear to have 3 "zones" within them. Basically there is a left-zone, a mid-zone and right-zone in the graves and I can bury 4 bodies in each (total of 12) before the 5th body placed in one "seals" the grave.  THEN if I bring a body back to that grave, 2 of the 3 zones (the ones not topped off with the 5th body) in the "sealed" grave will allow me to put additional bodies in them. Until a 2nd zone reaches 5/5 bodies at which point...the "sealed" grave I'm stuffing bodies into just *poof* disappears. 

30 minutes ago, Houski said:

Grave Digging Bug? (Feature)?

So the graves are not behaving the way I expected them to. First, they appear to have 3 "zones" within them. Basically there is a left-zone, a mid-zone and right-zone in the graves and I can bury 4 bodies in each (total of 12) before the 5th body placed in one "seals" the grave.  THEN if I bring a body back to that grave, 2 of the 3 zones (the ones not topped off with the 5th body) in the "sealed" grave will allow me to put additional bodies in them. Until a 2nd zone reaches 5/5 bodies at which point...the "sealed" grave I'm stuffing bodies into just *poof* disappears. 

That was fixed in newest IWBUMS (38.3), vehicle test runs on 38.2.

39 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Build updated.

BUG FIXED: "MP: Light switches, doors and windows turn on/off or open/close randomly by themselves. Zombies can run through closed doors as if they were not there. Possible sync issues."

Was the vehicle build synced with IWBUMS 38.4 too or is this it?

37 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Was the vehicle build synced with IWBUMS 38.4 too or is this it?

It seems so.  When I start new game on vehicle branch I start with a lot of items, just like someone was testing something and forgot to remove EZ mode. Also you are immortal.

Just now, Zorak said:

It seems so.  When I start new game on vehicle branch I start with a lot of items, just like someone was testing something and forgot to remove EZ mode. Also you are immortal.

There is a debug.lua file in the media files somewhere they forgot to remove from a closed test. It's been there in the last build that was 38.2 too.

48 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Ah woops, it mayyybeee my fault... On IWBUMS or vehicle or both?

It was in the last vehicle build, I haven't checked out the new one yet. It's definitely not on IWBUMS.

Edit: @RobertJohnson Yep it's in the current Vehicle Build.

Also, it seems to be on 38.3 so a Build behind IWBUMS if someone is wondering.

Edited by Svarog

Also in the new build - some vehicle physics tinkering:

1) Previously vehicles didn't decelerate when W was released. Cars only stopped by steering or hitting an object.  This should now be fixed.

2) Braking distance has been lengthened - so cars take longer to come to a standstill.

3) StepVan won't fall over as easily, and hopefully won't hover as much should it choose to! Police/Ranger cars also updated.

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Also in the new build - some vehicle physics tinkering:

1) Previously vehicles didn't decelerate when W was released. Cars only stopped by steering or hitting an object.  This should now be fixed.

2) Braking distance has been lengthened - so cars take longer to come to a standstill.

And with this I feel even more strongly that holding "W" should only accelerate so much and reaching top speed should be possible by holding down "Shift" or whatever Run button.

It's the same problem I have with most games, I don't always want to drive at top speed and maintaining a moderate one is tedious, that and adding in such option would allow you guys to let vehicles like StepVan to flip if the player was dumb enough to try doing a 90 degree turn while speeding like crazy.

Holding accelerate button accelerates to optimal speed that allows for optimal turning etc. Holding Shift goes for maximum speed but is way more dangerous if something unexpected comes up.

This is mostly a Keyboard problem, modern controllers have those neat triggers that allow for better control of vehicle speed in most games.

Do not like.

I really enjoy that the car maintains the set speed without having to mash a key for 15 minutes while traveling between towns. Likewise, people with disabilties might not be able to do this. So, if this change does happen and it is the change I'm thinking of, options need to be provided to allow users to choose the toggle version.

I like Svarog's idea, though. Cars aren't very dynamic in that regard. Having shift allow them to accelerate dangerously sounds fun.

Seems to be true when depressing space, but not when pressing reverse.

Perhaps this is because the concept of gearing isn't included in the vehicles build. There's no indicator of shifting into reverse and coasting / braking while moving forward.

21 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Do not like.

This was a Nasko suggestion. All blame should be placed upon Nasko.

[This a generally held viewpoint? Let us know when you're testing everyone.]