Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 3:26 PM, mdlman said:

Ok, so I managed to repro this right after spawn without leaving the first house.  Unfortunately I didn't expect it where I got it so I didn't record what happened.  I can't imagine that a video of my character shuffling after the fact is helpful.

(1) Spawn.

(2) Looted kitchen (can't imagine it's part of repro but you never know)

(3) Walked to bedroom.

(4) Clicked 'remove curtains'

At this point my character stood there like an idiot for a half-second and I assumed that I failed to actually click the button.  So, I right-click again and select remove curtains.  Again my character stands there.  Note that I am not AT the window but in the same room.  My character would have to path to the curtains.

I -think- this may go in tandem with the stuttering we're seeing in vehicle test 17.  When I am not driving but running I still get pauses.  Full on stoppage of the game for small amounts of time (fraction of a second, far less than when driving the car).  

My theory is as follows:

(1)  The stuttering is constant and only rises to the level of a pause with increasingly fast motion.  However, I suspect there is something there constantly.  I get those moments as above where I'm sure I clicked a menu item and it didn't take.  I ran on stable for a little while and didn't seem to feel this (only played that character for 15m or so to test this out)

(2)  If you select a menu item that requires pathing right when a stutter starts you'll experience that pause where your character does nothing.

(3) Select same menu-item again (or maybe any right-click that requires pathing?) during that pause, and now your character is confused.  You will be in a walk animation and will be unable to perform right-click actions (remove bandage, etc). You can still move around. I have been able to break out of this by selecting a spot right next to me where I don't actually have to path and clicking 'walk to' from the context menu.  Foot shuffling stops and I can continue playing the game.  This breaking-out of the shuffling with a simple walk-to (no other right-click item seems to work in this state) paired with it always seeming to be triggered by an action that requires my character to pathfind points an accusing finger :)

Can confirm this issue. I was just playing today and opening/closing curtains and trying to shut off TVs were having the stall, but it was about 4-5 seconds that my character would just stand there before actually completing the action.

• 3 weeks later...

Recreatability of bug: Sketchy but reliable if you just keep trying

Bug: So, I spawned in one of the houses near courtland medical, went next door and there's a cherry ride outside with a quiet engine, and, luckier still,most of it's intact, and then to add to my luck even more the keys are in the house it's park ed out front of and more than half of the car is 100% condition, and even more lucky still there's enough spare parts from cars down the block to bring the overall condition to 100%, so I strip the neighborhood cars and when trying to install the 100% parts sometimes after the installation was done the part would just disappear, like completely gone from the game just BLOOP, despawned. I only ever noticed this happening on parts that I had duplicates of in my inventory, Like, I'd uninstall the old part and from my car and try to replace it with the new 100% one and at least 30% of the time the part I was attempting to install would be just gone, I'm not sure if this is a balance thing because my mechanics skill is low or not but that doesnt seem realistic or in the spirit of this game so I'm gonna call it a bug.

Attaching my DxDiag info because why the hell not, that seems like it might be vaguely helpful just a little

DxDiag.txt

9 hours ago, fistmaster2k4 said:

Unsure if this is a currently known bug or not... enter a vehicle without any key > attempt to start vehicle and observer "You have no key for this" > click the inserted key icon on dashboard > you now have a key for the car and can start it.

If you have 2 ranks of electricity you'll hotwire the car.

Also I've been noticing anomalies with the car keys, sometimes I'll get in a car, try starting it with the key icon and it will say I have no key, I open my inventory and suddenly my key is fucking gone, and then I press N, and the engine rolls on and the key is magically re-added to my inventory, as if a zombie freaking mutant from outer space. No idea what this is about.

Can somebody please get on fixing all the crashes when pressing the quit button? It's really getting on my nerves almost the whole world being rerolled every fucking time I try to save and the game crashes instead. What's with that anyway? I thought the loot for project zomboid was all pre-spawned once you first make the save, I've never had so many crashes with this game in my life.  pretty sure I was not crashing this much on vehicles 26 but I didn't get to play it for too long before 27 came along. 

On 10/26/2017 at 1:13 PM, Freelancer said:

Any ideas how to fix such lags?

GeForce GTX 1080

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz

16 GB RAM

Win x64 10 Home

I've been running into that too with significantly worse computer parts than you

I recommend rebooting your computer before starting the game, it helps me with that problem.

The game stop responding right after I click to start the game after initial load and I have the manually kill it (the game itself never shows up, just the black screen with the click to start text at the bottom). The .exe ends with this:

1511648947088 reanimate: saved 0 zombies
1511648947100 game loading took 26 seconds
STATE: exit zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState
1511648957912 1 players found
1511648957912 player 0 is mouse
1511648957913 PLAYER DATA OFFSET 0
1511648957913 573
1511648957913 0
1511648957914 1147
1511648957914 480
STATE: enter zombie.gameStates.IngameState
COMMAND QUEUE stallCount = 0 peakUsage = 1408

Leaving it for a few minute and nothing happens. On Win 10 Home fully updated with no mods enabled

Edited by ryanzec

I'm guessing the latest patch broke the game for me, I cannot go to sleep or quit without the game freezing, only way to close it is by killing the process. When I can play, the fps tank and the stuttering makes the game almost unplayable, even at the lowest settings.  None of these things happened last time I played (nov 18th).

13 minutes ago, TheLeonBM said:

I'm guessing the latest patch broke the game for me, I cannot go to sleep or quit without the game freezing, only way to close it is by killing the process. When I can play, the fps tank and the stuttering makes the game almost unplayable, even at the lowest settings.  None of these things happened last time I played (nov 18th).

I've been having the same issue, can't quit the game at all without freezing.

We've got a build running backstage with some heavy garbage collection optimization and it's running a lot nicer.

Yuri thinks the sleep crash is fixed, and now he's on the 'stall/hang on exit' - we will release when it's ready :)

Sorry that this build was so annoying - sometimes things have to show their head so that they can be fought back.

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

We've got a build running backstage with some heavy garbage collection optimization and it's running a lot nicer.

Yuri thinks the sleep crash is fixed, and now he's on the 'stall/hang on exit' - we will release when it's ready :)

Sorry that this build was so annoying - sometimes things have to show their head so that they can be fought back.

From one developer to another - it happens!

For us the difficult part is waiting patiently while y'all do all the work. Kind of like sitting and waiting for your wife to give birth, but a lot less messy. Nothing we can do really except be supportive...

Shin

26 minutes ago, Shinjitsu noDeshi said:

From one developer to another - it happens!

For us the difficult part is waiting patiently while y'all do all the work. Kind of like sitting and waiting for your wife to give birth, but a lot less messy. Nothing we can do really except be supportive...

Shin

No worries mate. I'd imagine that a lot of this week will be about dripfeeding some of the various different optimizations we've been doing into the build on top of this recent GC work. So fingers crossed for a fair wedge of improvement.

Thanks guys, 28.1 works so much better It's like night and day. I'm back at max settings and barely any stuttering or fps drops. Sleep and quit freezes are gone too. However, I've noticed that when you switch from the driver seat to any of the other seats, the engine makes noise as if you were trying to start the car. It only does that from the driver seat, if you switch between any of the other seats it's fine.

Edited by TheLeonBM