Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

24 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Perhaps you'll have to fan-wank it a little, considering the abstract nature of PZ's view-point and various other systems, after getting over the fear something being touched on in the future will be taken to the extreme.

I think a realistic compromise would be for actually driving through foliage (visible rocks/twigs, tall grass and bushes) will cause the degradation over time, as these fears of damage from driving on these roads is non-existent within small towns that have used these to get places for a long time. If damage occurs from using one of these, there is a reason for it, and it's often fixed if it's anything significant. Other than that, there is nothing to actually cause physical or performance-altering damage to your undercarriage. 

I'm just pointing this knowledge out now so it's not automatically put to the extreme when it's added, because it breaches the line of being unrealistic if this actually deters anyone from using the roads that have been used problem-free for many decades. There's nothing happening there actively damaging and altering the performance of vehicles.

Edited by Kim Jong Un

22 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Okay, I'll be more direct:

You're bringing this up prematurely. Place it in the suggestions section, if it's that important to you. At least it'll be less likely to be buried here.

Well, my post also addressed the slow down that was added in this update. I'm just responding to both of your engagements. My logic was that road material would have an effect on both things.

You're right though, I'll wait. No point in jumping the gun for something that's not even out yet :)

Edited by Kim Jong Un

I've only encountered performance issues and clipping issues while testing, not much else.
Couldn't test for long though because of the performance issues, seemed to me like a memory leak.

As for the clipping; in front, behind etc was not showing correctly and vehicle could be seen when it shouldn't be possible.
(being inside buildings everything is dark except the car outside which lit up like a christmas tree)

Edited by zeeb

About car degradation outside classic roads:

Don't worry here, i'm making my research, everything will depend on vehicle/tire/suspension/etc.

You can take a pickup and goes thru grass/dirt, it'll almost does nothing to you (still gonna have bit of degradation).

Take a sports car, a small car, a normal car with normal stuff (not offroad tire etc..), drive 1h in dirt, you gonna screw your tire, suspension, exhaust system...

Btw, if some of you well know late 80's American cars, i'm interested (PM me :p)

I also have the bug of silent vehicles.... completely silent with no sound at all. And I noticed that vehicles were way slower than before the last update. Gears are shifting relatively fast but the vehicle stay slow. At a point that it seems like if there was almost no acceleration. I had another bug when I was testing the multiplayer server with vehicles. I was on admin mode then i disabled the admin mood but I was still walking as fast as when we are in admin mode

... and when I jumped in the car, even when the engine was running, I had no longer odometers interface at the bottom of the screen.

Edited by Wastelander

17 hours ago, Tails said:

for some reason the cars engine has no noise when im driving

Vehicle sounds are missing for now, Robert Johnson had already mentioned it a few posts bellow the update notes.

Edited by Rogers
wrong info

Vehicle Test Build

My girlfriend and I have recently updated from version 37.8 to the vehicle Test Build.

We play split screen offline, with these mods: ALICE, Enhanced Wilderness, Gates, Real Guns Mod and MRE. We have tried Hydrocraft and All in Zomboid map pack but those both bring a ton of lag. 

Nonetheless, even with none or small mods we still encounter quite a bit of lag which we never encountered during build 37. 

Specs: GeForce GTX 1060 

Intel i-5 processor

9 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

What about "missing vehicles sound" bug? Is it still happening to everyone or only silly me? And yes, new vehicles ( if they was already added ) doesn't have any loot. Or ALL vehicles, i don't really know.

Looks like i was missing a plugin in fmod, it need to be fixed in public too, hopefully it'll be good then :)

Suggestions.

1. While the rain driving car will be harder ( remember GTA? ). Maybe even windshield will fog up, that has the same effect as tiredness.

2. I don't know is it already added, but take out possibility to sit on filled seats ( filled with loot i mean )

3. Pickup trunks that visually filled with loot.

4. Trunks should be locked to, like the doors.

5. More compact and nice icons for V-Info menu. What i mean? All icons will be "inserted" into vehicle texture, not lay on it. Plus, "value amount of HP" to "visual amount of HP" ( explanation is 1.* )

vehicle.png

Edited by DramaSetter

Здравствуйте! Найдено несколько ошибок. Когда газ может найти (почти пустая) ее переливание другой канистры может произвести отрицательное значение веса контейнера . Ввод отрицательной канистры в наличии, вы можете получить -100 или более килограммы веса резерва. Я нашел это в 2 раза уже.

Кроме того, я постоянно преследуемый звуками мух, где они не должны быть. Даже там, где нет больше никаких тел. После загрузки игры - звуки мух, вместо звукового генератора. Лечится путем включения генератора и выключения. Или когда первый раз после загрузки вам вырезать лозы из вашего укрытия . Это лечится только путем перезапуска игры. Иногда бывают звуки мух вместо радио.

Ну, могила текстуры над машиной.

Спойлер

screenshot_26-09-2017_21-16-20.pngscreenshot_26-09-2017_21-16-36.pngscreenshot_26-09-2017_21-17-09.pngscreenshot_26-09-2017_21-17-36.png

Edited by Win4ester

no models at allunknown.png

specs :

intel 450m cpu

8 gb ram

intel hd graphics with 1760 MB video memory (doesn't show model in dxdiag, just intel hd graphics core i5 something)

open gl 2.1.0

probs my computer is too weak, it would be nice if you guys had 2d sprites for these.

fps is always 40-50-60 and i guess that's fine

haven't tested yet on my desktop

Edited by Noober84555