Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Is that Muldraugh or March Ridge?

Mu = Muldraugh

35 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Will check quickly before baby's bath/feeding, i may update this tonight tho :)

Edit: it's fixed, update the game :) version should read vehicle test (IWBUMS 38.10)

Thx !

Managed to find 2 cars in Muldraugh but nothing else. Drove to West Point, no cars, drove to the new map areas, no cars. I played the vehicle branch several days ago, lots of cars. Patch 38.10 of vehicle branch.....no cars! tried several times checking vehicles box clicked, spawning in different areas and.....no vehicles. Me thinks something has been left  from the update?

Edited by Pierre

6 minutes ago, Pierre said:

Managed to find 2 cars in Muldraugh but nothing else. Drove to West Point, no cars, drove to the new map areas, no cars. I played the vehicle branch several days ago, lots of cars. Patch 38.10 of vehicle branch.....no cars! tried several times checking vehicles box clicked, spawning in different areas and.....no vehicles. Me thinks something has been left  from the update?

Just to  make sure steam downloaded the correct files, right click PZ in the Steam games list -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify ...

See if it downloads any thing that's missing for you.

26 minutes ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Car spawns are missing from all of the new map area, I found cars in Muldraugh okay. Haven't been to WP or elsewhere.

Yup. No cars in WP. Muldraugh is okay though. Haven't checked other maps.

Some lags happening while driving cars. Also they disappear from inventory when we try to get items from the car trunk. We had to drop them to the ground then pick them up again just to get our stuff.

Seemingly, if you drive particular car for some time in-game, it stays with you and doesn't disappear.

I started a new game after the IWBUMS 38.10 build came out and I think something in that update mislayered everything for the buildings.

Anyone else looking at stuff like this everywhere?

E12C5F38F9BF3D67C5CBEDA55198E7C92BD41A4F

Also, I find myself unable to name recipes in this build.

35BEB0412E9105DFBFC207FDD3CAFB45A6199459

New version!

Vehicle Build 18

• Fixed vehicles not spawning outside Muldraugh.
  • Bug fixed: Player turns on a light then walks a screen away. When they return, the light will be off.
  • Now the number of players who can fit inside each car model is accurate to the number of seats.
  • When headlights are on, the actual physical headlights of the car should turn white/bright. Put red brake lights on cars.

11 hours ago, RobertJohnson said:

New version!

• Fixed vehicles not spawning outside Muldraugh.
  • Bug fixed: Player turns on a light then walks a screen away. When they return, the light will be off.
  • Now the number of players who can fit inside each car model is accurate to the number of seats.
  • When headlights are on, the actual physical headlights of the car should turn white/bright. Put red brake lights on cars.

When hosting a new server, vehicles do not spawn anywhere.

edit: Solution - edit the .ini file and change VehiclesDisable=true to VehiclesDisable=false

Edited by EP213
Found temporary solution

Tested out the new spawns, quick suggestion here to add more spawns out at country homes as I haven't found a single one outside of the rare parking lot.

Also, the whole porch mislayered railings and stuff I've pictured applies to the whole map, not just new areas. I took screenshots of most places I found it in a new game, but I realized it's a universal issue with a new map thing.

I also verified my files before I started a new game to make sure everything was fresh. Would be worth looking into at @RobertJohnson since this is a vehicles build issue apparently

Ok guys, I've spotted this: when you are using a car, ( vehicle easy use is turned on ) and fuel in your gas tank comming low, you can just exit to main menu, and then continue the game, and car will be refueled. 

Is this a bug? As I know, now there are no way to refuel cars by your own? Or it is? 

2 hours ago, Kim Jong Un said:

Tested out the new spawns, quick suggestion here to add more spawns out at country homes as I haven't found a single one outside of the rare parking lot.

Also, the whole porch mislayered railings and stuff I've pictured applies to the whole map, not just new areas. I took screenshots of most places I found it in a new game, but I realized it's a universal issue with a new map thing.

I also verified my files before I started a new game to make sure everything was fresh. Would be worth looking into at @RobertJohnson since this is a vehicles build issue apparently

I'll work on a better parking stall zoning after build 38 is out for public, i'm just doing small-ish stuff on vehicle build atm, GA is doing the big work :P

Also, police sedan still needs to be retextured, flashers are wrong placed ( it shoul be like on the pickup ) police signs should be fliped, and blue stripe should be one color on the both cars.

When you look on two textures, a thought creeps in, that it was done by two different people xDD

20170902111917_1.jpg

Edited by myhappines

1. Door HP's for 3/4 ones is missing in INFO Panel.

2. Reduce speed of "entering/exiting" vehicles, so players won't be able to do that near

zombies.

3. If your fuel level is zero - sometimes you can start your car and ride for few seconds.. Is it bug or feature? I haven't know much about cars..

4. "Seat number" for big vans ( like the mail one ) should be 6. ( Two in the cabin and 4 in the back )

Edited by DramaSetter
There's no reason for edit, as life's too.

8 hours ago, DramaSetter said:

2. Reduce speed of "entering/exiting" vehicles, so players won't be able to do that near

zombies.

I find it much more realistic to get out of the car as fast as possible and try to avoid the zeds. If there are too many of them they will grab you and eat you alive anyway

Incorrect car spawn orientation at the giga Mart in West Point

5AC82B7C6EDB00D584CE745B3D7A51720594BAAE

More examples of railing/fence layering weirdness found in this build, taken at West Point confirming that this is not central to the new area (unsure if Vehicle build or the test build in general, but I am on the vehicle build)

E0F93058984ADEE0D987A67897B7584AA581DAE5

415348D6D5A00EE24D7C3E550CDB397A8226EFF9

Reposting @Simon816's post here. Could be the Out of Memory previously reported:

i haven't posted in here for a long time, so sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I just updated to the 38.10 build and now cant play the game due to it crashing to desktop. with a bit of luck I can play for about 5 mins at most before a crash but often the game is crashing before its even finished loading.

I did have the occasional crash on 38.9 but was very rare, now I have to try 3 or four times just to get to the menu.

Ive seen people posting log files, and I'm sure that would help with a crash problem but I have no idea where to find that file. if someone could give me a full path rather than just /Zomboid/ folder I will add it.

hope this gets fixed soon as I was having fun mowing down zombies with then new cars lol

I cant edit the post above but just wanted to add a bit more info incase that helps, ive been messing around with the betas and everything works fine if I opt out back to build 37 (I think it is) but have the same problem with both the IWBUMS branch and the vehicles branch.

as I said if someone can tell me where to find the log file I will include it.

thanks

20 minutes ago, Simon816 said:

I cant edit the post above but just wanted to add a bit more info incase that helps, ive been messing around with the betas and everything works fine if I opt out back to build 37 (I think it is) but have the same problem with both the IWBUMS branch and the vehicles branch.

as I said if someone can tell me where to find the log file I will include it.

thanks

Just type %UserProfile%\Zomboid into the address bar of Windows explorer. It'll take you right there on Windows XP and above.

console.txt after it's crashed is what we need. You can drag and drop files to attach them to your reply.