Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

Vehicles Build 17 released:

1) Gamepad integration for Lootable map interface added
2) Add ‘disable experimental vehicles’ option on server
3) ‘Vehicles’ toggle on New Game screen made more highlighted/visible.
4) FIXED: Burned cars spawn above ground and slowly fall
5) FIXED: Vehicle shadow and collision boxes. Flipped cars should no longer lose collision.
6) FIXED: Player stuck in walking animation.

1 hour ago, RobertJohnson said:

Vehicles Build 17 released:

1) Gamepad integration for Lootable map interface added
2) Add ‘disable experimental vehicles’ option on server
3) ‘Vehicles’ toggle on New Game screen made more highlighted/visible.
4) FIXED: Burned cars spawn above ground and slowly fall
5) FIXED: Vehicle shadow and collision boxes. Flipped cars should no longer lose collision.

Great !

There's also the invisible roof problem at some places, are you also working on it ?

a) Stuttering every few seconds: Yuri spend a while looking into it, but then it became clear that the majority of people reporting it were also running Nolan's Survivors Mod - which seemed to be causing it on their systems due to some sort of clash. So we're waiting for more mod-free reports, as Yuri can't recreate it at his end on the vanilla version at the mo

b) Roof rendering fix work is still ongoing yeah. Getting there though.

I just updated to the new version in steam, deactivated all mods and started a new solo game with vehicles. After maybe 2 minutes, I started getting these "JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer" messages. It was maybe once every 30 seconds. But sometimes, once every 10 seconds and every time, it would hang for 1-2s. Can I help you in any way to help fix this bug?

3 minutes ago, Notas said:

I just updated to the new version in steam, deactivated all mods and started a new solo game with vehicles. After maybe 2 minutes, I started getting these "JNI_FMOD_Sound_GetData correct buffer" messages. It was maybe once every 30 seconds. But sometimes, once every 10 seconds and every time, it would hang for 1-2s. Can I help you in any way to help fix this bug?

Cool - this is good info. I'll bring it to Yuri's attention tomorrow. Thank you :)

3 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

a) Stuttering every few seconds: Yuri spend a while looking into it, but then it became clear that the majority of people reporting it were also running Nolan's Survivors Mod - which seemed to be causing it on their systems due to some sort of clash. So we're waiting for more mod-free reports, as Yuri can't recreate it at his end on the vanilla version at the mo

Ain't running any mod whatsoever and I still have this issue.. :\

1 hour ago, Soul Filcher said:

Vehicles' models should be used even when graphic options are set to not use models. I see invisible cars' shadows in parking lots.

I know I should not be testing it with a dying notebook, but still, I can't turn models on, the game crashes.

This might be a problem once "integration" happens. @Batsphinx Maybe until the Animations and the 3D goodies it's supposed to come with come in, have the game check if 3D models are enabled when someone wants to Enable vehicles and tell them they won't work without 3D models?

I don't know whether to put this in the vehicles thread, the IWBUMS thread, or the general bug thread, but the glitch where zombie corpses stay orange after being highlighted has not been fixed. Usually, when looting zombie corpses (or pretty much anything, tbh), they are highlighted in orange to signify that you are looking at their inventory. When you move away and can no longer access their inventory, they revert back to their normal color...except when they don't. It might have something to do with the game not recognizing that you've moved away from the corpse because you moved to fast or something like that, but there are times when the corpses will just stay orange even if you've moved on. This can be corrected by hovering over the corpse again, but it's quite annoying. I appreciate how the devs made it easier for us to tell which containers we were looting via highlights, but the corpses are still glitched. 

9 hours ago, Notas said:

What graphics card(s)? Did it work previously?

5 hours ago, devilwarriors said:

Ain't running any mod whatsoever and I still have this issue.. :\

Same question.

cut 5 logs on the ground.  = 15 planks.

right click build stairs - works. but loads of errors and the planks are still there.

kind of a handy bug. cos you always need planks....

but climb up stairs and i cannot build wooden floor. will not do the action.

Oh and to recreate the walking while standing bug every time - cheat > enable instant actions > then do any right click action and you are moonwalking in the apocalypse.

hope that helps.

Hi all

I'm still having major problems with the Multiplayer / Server version of the vehicles branch – namely that they don't appear to exist! :(

They load and run fine on single-player, on all of the different modes, but on multiplayer (when myself or my friend are hosting a server) there are no vehicles to be found. Anywhere. They were there and working fine until the patch before last and now nothing.

We've tried reinstalling, new servers, and even switched from laptop, to PC to Mac and still nothing.

Are they not supposed to be there anymore? Does anyone have any suggestions of things I can try? I saw elsewhere that someone doesn't see them when they have 3D models switched off so I've played about with that too and still nothing. Please help! I miss playing

13 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

What graphics card(s)? Did it work previously?

Same question.

Amd R9 290X, recent driver. I did not play for years, just came back. I tried the IWBUMS branch and that didn't have the problems. I could walk around and FPS was kinda smooth. With the vehicle branch, with or without vehicles enabled, it was more choppy and didn't take long till the stuttering began.

greetings! I just downloaded the vehicle build out of interest and to see if it'd work on my computer.

-it was pretty choppy on my computer

-it's pretty strange that you can run over cones, bushes, through stop sign, through street signs without anything happening :)

-some of the roads do not seem actually designed for cars; many very tight turns, often a stop sign or lightpost is on the corner too which makes it tighter (although i suppose i could just drive through it :) )

-i am a safe driver yet my character is in complete terror the entire time :/

-the menu is a bit odd--most things are activated with a right click and this is a V. i wonder if you'd consider also allowing a right click to open the car menu like you do with TVs, radios etc, just for sake of interface unity.

other than that, it's pretty neat that cars are finally making it in. i liked driving down the street going around a traffic jam, very post apocalyptic feeling.

my specs:

windows intel, 3.3 ghz

ram 6gm

64 bit os

12 hours ago, Notas said:

Amd R9 290X, recent driver. I did not play for years, just came back. I tried the IWBUMS branch and that didn't have the problems. I could walk around and FPS was kinda smooth. With the vehicle branch, with or without vehicles enabled, it was more choppy and didn't take long till the stuttering began.

Same problems with Thinkpad x220:

i5 2520m 2.5 GHz

Intel HD 3000

4gb ram

MX Linux 16.1 64 bit

And IWBUMS 38.7 works perfectly fine, it's just vehicle tech test

Edited by Reid

On 21/08/2017 at 8:20 PM, RobertJohnson said:

Still getting stuck in walking animation sometimes , occurs sometimes after killing some zombies (maybe something to do with annoted maps drop?)

Edited by NagashUD

1 minute ago, NagashUD said:

Still getting stuck in walking animation sometimes , occurs sometimes after killing some zombies (maybe something to do with annoted maps drop?)

Yuri will be delighted...

Does it at least happens less often than it used to?