Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

1 hour ago, nasKo said:

If you're playing coop you might have to enable the vehicles. It will be a small option called "Vehicles" next to "NEXT" when selecting a game mode (Survival, Sandbox, etc).

Edit: Ninja'd by the boss.

Hi there

Thanks for the fast response (and Batsphinx). I don't think I'm playing co-op, we're playing on different machines and hosting a server to play together that way. 

When we play Solo or Sandbox we have that little option to toggle vehicles on but when we play on a server we host there isn't that option and no vehicles are in the game. They were there and playing fine before the most recent update.

Hope that all makes sense!

I'd really love some help on how to fix it! 

Hmm. Maybe it's a result of the change. I will check with Yuri the vehicles guy, if it's at our end we'll have it fixed in the next build :)

Any feedback from playing co-op in the vehicles build appreciated by the way. It's probably one of the aspects we've looked at least in this process in general, and there'll probably be a fair bit more work to put in.

4 minutes ago, Hilrof said:

Same isssue yesterday, you just need to click on the same little box for vehicules for solo and for the server host and friends. At least it worked for us ;)

I don't get the little box to check when hosting a server (it's at the stage you pick scenario / challenge in solo) but there isn't that stage in Hosting servers. Me and my friend have both trawled through all the options and it's not anywhere. 

If you're having a different experience I'd love to see screenshots so I can see where it's supposed to be - because I'm so lost!! 

1 hour ago, Elle said:

I don't get the little box to check when hosting a server (it's at the stage you pick scenario / challenge in solo) but there isn't that stage in Hosting servers. Me and my friend have both trawled through all the options and it's not anywhere. 

If you're having a different experience I'd love to see screenshots so I can see where it's supposed to be - because I'm so lost!! 

Oversight on our part. It'll be added. :)

1. This blue van still uses old texture.. http://imgur.com/a/Bw93F

2. Two burned car textures are bugged ( normal and some kind of police ) - http://imgur.com/a/vHR7N

P.S I don't really know is it actual ingame bug or bug that i caused by spawning them with necroforge mod

( spawns too fast - can't normally show the texture )

Edited by DramaSetter

4 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

Yuri is investigating the dip in performance that seemed to accompany this build. 

Any reports on this would be appreciated.

Anyone else having the severity of problems reported in this Reddit post?

Same. Notebook with 8 gb ram,  i5 7200hq and geforce 1050 4gb, runs vehicle test build with serious lags, feezes, and low fps. Other versions works fine.

5 hours ago, Batsphinx said:

snip

Whatever it is, it's not the vehicles existence being hard on the GPU, I can spawn a hundred of them and have them all on screen and the dip to performance caused by that is minimal, far lesser than I would have expected it to be, even on my current Intel HD GPU (Before I used a nVidia GeForce 8800 GTS 512mb but it died)

The performance (to me anyway) was always noticeably worse on the vehicle build, I never ran a serious benchmark but the FPS on IWBUMS and everything that came before were always far more stable and generally better than they are on vehicle Build.

I can only guess that whatever causes the dip in performance is something that vehicle build has that runs in the background at all times or fires off fairly often whatever it may be.

Oh and on a side note, someone needs to look into sprite drawing order because in the vehicle build just about everything disappears behind walls when it is clearly in front of them. It applies to grass, trash, plants, stair railings and various pillars.

Im also getting the freeze every few seconds. Between that, its smooth. It just freezes for a couple seconds every few seconds. Makes it unplayable at the  moment.

Also, as the joypad interface is being looked at... could you please move the column over? It doesnt need the whole line to say Item. If you just switch the two widths, you can see all the items, how many you have and it better supports modded items, its a real pain to adjust it every time using the mouse. Please and thank you!

1 hour ago, Berdryn said:

I updated my drivers, manually set control of pz to my nvidia card. It was, but not specifically as i wanted it.  Thus far the stuttering has gone, still testing

Still does it, came back after about 10  mins.. i think its the npc mod, they lag me down

Quality of life request; please allow us to hold down the d pad while in the joypad inventory. I have carpel tunnel and fibromyalga, hitting the button hundreds of times to navigate through the list.. i about quit playing before i figured out the controller. Thanks in advance!

I meant more feedback from this individual vehicles build released on Saturday, rather than in general - but all this is still helpful.

That's two reports now of freezing while running the Survivors mod - one on reddit, and one from Berdryn. So this might be a pattern.

Yuri has spotted a general FPS decrease with this Saturday build though, and is looking into it. 

33 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

That's two reports now of freezing while running the Survivors mod - one on reddit, and one from Berdryn. So this might be a pattern.

I ran some basic 1 Minute Benchmarks on Vehicle test with & without Survivors and Build 38.6, Standard Survival Preset, all I did was I ran from spawnpoint towards the main road (Muldraugh) Same zoom out level, same everything.

Spoiler

Vehicle Tech Test 16 + Survivors Mod
MIN FPS - 3
MAX FPS - 31
AVG FPS - 26

Vehicle Tech Test 16
MIN FPS - 21
MAX FPS - 32
AVG FPS - 28

Build 38.6
MIN FPS - 27
MAX FPS - 31
AVG FPS - 29

There is a lot more freezing with Survivors mod but it does happen without it, albeit far less frequently. There is none of it in Build 38.

Edited by Svarog

First few minutes I ever played with cars - no freezes - really impressive :D

what I got is this:

player character + zombies are behind the front right of the car even if standing before the car ! -  if the player is standing behind the car - he is hidden in the front 2/3 of the car - the last 1/3 of the car the avatar is fully seen and the car seen through

PZ - car bug 01.jpg

PZ - car bug 02.jpg

PZ - car bug 03.jpg

Edited by King-Salomon

7 hours ago, Berdryn said:

Quality of life request; please allow us to hold down the d pad while in the joypad inventory. I have carpel tunnel and fibromyalga, hitting the button hundreds of times to navigate through the list.. i about quit playing before i figured out the controller. Thanks in advance!

Added this to Yuri's tasklist, as I don't like the idea of your fingers being throbby :( sorry about that one

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Added this to Yuri's tasklist, as I don't like the idea of your fingers being throbby :( sorry about that one

Thank you so much. I've been trying to mod the joypad settings myself, so far all I could do was decrease the transparency of some of the menu popups, such as with the joypad to move something from inventory or just interact.. the base inventory window is somewhat transparent, for obvious reasons, but with that then on top with another see through menu with white text.. 

I just made those solid so I could actually read what I was doing lol Any chance of a revisit on this? Or even a variable you can set in the options. I need to see my inventory when its not dark, the see through and white get washed out and it becomes tiresome on the eyes. I know we are focusing on vehicles, sadly till I can play it, I'll help where I can with joypad stuff from the perspective of someone who wants to use it 100%

Hi guys

It's been a long time since my last post, i haven't played the game for a while.

I found a new bug (i'm on "the first week" with vehicle on)

20170818195614_1.thumb.jpg.481853daf55d71bdf28ac29fcde17c2d.jpgI can't build wooden floor on the left and down position of the map. As you can see i was able until this moment, it's weird cause it's not the first time that i build here and i was always able to do that.

I also still see interior or exterior through the walls

Edit : I just relaunch the game and this time i was able to put the woodenfloor downmap (on the red circle on the picture) but still wasnt able at some places, it's really weird

By the way, the game considers that my crops (the area in black) are under a roof while there is'nt any. It's raining at the moment, but as you can see my character is protected by an invisible roof
20170818204417_1.thumb.jpg.dff80c3fe6fcb10886dc86ae523867b1.jpg

Edited by The White Wolf

On 8/18/2017 at 8:12 PM, The White Wolf said:

By the way, the game considers that my crops (the area in black) are under a roof while there is'nt any. It's raining at the moment, but as you can see my character is protected by an invisible roof

20170818204417_1.thumb.jpg.dff80c3fe6fcb10886dc86ae523867b1.jpg

This is because the Room Definitions of some of those Overhangs are messed up, the RoomID is somehow on Z = 1 instead of Ground level. This became an issue after Build 38.6.

Then again, game considering there is a roof just because a given square has a room definition feels like a bug in and of itself.

1 minute ago, Svarog said:

This is because the Room Definitions of some of those Overhangs are messed up, the RoomID is somehow on Z = 1 instead of Ground level. This became an issue after Build 38.6.

Then again, game considering there is a roof just because a given square has a room definition feels like a bug in and of itself.

I don't know why the room Def would extend outward like that.

Ah nevermind. Built on top of a preexisting room.

11 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I don't know why the room Def would extend outward like that.

Ah nevermind. Built on top of a preexisting room.

Nope, this is the issue, there is no roomdef underneath, there should be but it's on top of the overhang instead of ground level where it should be.

I guess when devs were updating Buildings like those something bugged out and RoomDef got applied to wrong floor. I've seen this in a few places.

Screenshots: (Note: NF Debug thing says "outside" when there is no room def)

Spoiler

WXFnXTL.png
cEsxlvp.png

Edited by Svarog

hello,

hope this is the right place for vehical build 16.

so after a while of playing my character starts to do the old walking on the spot thing. standing still but they are performing the walking animation. 

i do have the Cheat Mod on - so perhaps this is causing it.  its painful as you cant do anything until they get out of that mode.

anyway once it happens then it just keeps on happening. even quitting back to menu and re-loading the game doesnt clear it.

cheers

Jim

57 minutes ago, junglistjim said:

hello,

hope this is the right place for vehical build 16.

so after a while of playing my character starts to do the old walking on the spot thing. standing still but they are performing the walking animation. 

i do have the Cheat Mod on - so perhaps this is causing it.  its painful as you cant do anything until they get out of that mode.

anyway once it happens then it just keeps on happening. even quitting back to menu and re-loading the game doesnt clear it.

cheers

Jim

Heya, yeah Yuri's actually on this bug right now. We're hoping to get it fixed in a new build that'll roll out later this afternoon.