Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

41 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

1) Previously vehicles didn't decelerate when W was released. Cars only stopped by steering or hitting an object.  This should now be fixed.

Do not like.

NO GAME IN HISTORY DOES IT THE WAY IT WAS PREVIOUSLY :D

You don't mash. You hold down. The same way you hold down a button to walk. 

People with disabilites like to use Walk To, but proper click to move would be better. An option for the future but I don't see pressing W once to go on for eternity as the messiah for ease of access.

Toggle option ok. Svarog's suggestion sounds good too!

17 minutes ago, nasKo said:

NO GAME IN HISTORY DOES IT THE WAY IT WAS PREVIOUSLY :D

You don't mash. You hold down. The same way you hold down a button to walk. 

People with disabilites like to use Walk To, but proper click to move would be better. An option for the future but I don't see pressing W once to go on for eternity as the messiah for ease of access.

Toggle option ok. Svarog's suggestion sounds good too!

Don't care. It's innovative and seems like something other games should obviously do. (Though I'm pretty sure some 2D top-down racing games did this in the 90s.)

Holding down the button to walk also feels pretty terrible if you spend a couple hours in-game.

I'd like to have a proper click to move, as well, but a toggle already exists in the game as is. Might as well pop it into the options tab rather than toss it out.

1 hour ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Don't care. It's innovative and seems like something other games should obviously do.

Yep, I really wish every game did it the way PZ had it. Accelerate to speed you like and just let go of the button. Not being able to control the speed in any real way using the keyboard has been annoying me in every game with vehicles and driving for years now.

Still think that top speed should only be available with the additional input (And be more dangerous in all the ways) but having a toggle for vehicle staying at what I accelerated to would be enough.

49 minutes ago, Svarog said:

By the way, I wish skidding when using the break and turning came back. It was cool and with some fine tuning it could have been awesome. [It was possible to do with CarNormal in the last build but it did need tuning because it was unrealistic as it was]

Yes, I find this build CarNormal and CarLights is much less exaggerated.

Though I'd say it's better than tires bouncing through the model, it's a bit less fun. Having more arcade-y phsyics might fit PZ better.

When you ride over a car or push a burned out car really hard, you or the wreck will bounce up and down, flashing in and out of existence.

20 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

When you ride over a car or push a burned out car really hard, you or the wreck will bounce up and down, flashing in and out of existence.

Never had this happen, I did get stuck a lot because my car ended up on top of another car and if car you're in is not on Z level 0 you need a new save because you're never getting out of that thing (Unless you cheat).

I did see burned cars bouncing like crazy and it just happened, gotta double check if it still does.

Edit: You know what's fun? Spamming addVehicle()

Edited by Svarog

10 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

1) Previously vehicles didn't decelerate when W was released. Cars only stopped by steering or hitting an object.  This should now be fixed.

Do not like.

I really enjoy that the car maintains the set speed without having to mash a key for 15 minutes while traveling between towns. Likewise, people with disabilties might not be able to do this. So, if this change does happen and it is the change I'm thinking of, options need to be provided to allow users to choose the toggle version.

I like Svarog's idea, though. Cars aren't very dynamic in that regard. Having shift allow them to accelerate dangerously sounds fun.

What you are talking about is Cruise Control, a feature a lot of vehicles have. The developers @Batsphinx could add a key for that and hit two stones with one bird. :)

Edited by Kim Jong Un

Hello.

I'm trying to run a dedicated server of the vehicles beta on Ubunty 16.04, but i'm receiving the following error at startup:

./start-server.sh
64-bit java detected
pzexe: about to run java hack to locate libjvm.so...
pzexe: executing "java -classpath pzexe.jar -Djava.library.path=. zombie.pzexe"
pzexe.java: loading shared library "pzexe_jni64"
JVM=/home/pzserver/serverfilers/jre64/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so
pzexe config file: /home/pzserver/serverfilers/ProjectZomboid64.json
pzexe: mainClass: zombie/network/GameServer
pzexe: classpath: -Djava.class.path=java/:java/jinput.jar:java/lwjgl.jar:java/lwjgl_util.jar:java/sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar:java/uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar
pzexe: vmArg (json) 1: -Xms2048m
pzexe: vmArg (json) 2: -Xmx2048m
pzexe: vmArg (json) 3: -Dzomboid.steam=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 4: -Dzomboid.znetlog=1
pzexe: vmArg (json) 5: -Djava.library.path=linux64/:natives/
pzexe: vmArg (json) 6: -XX:-UseSplitVerifier
pzexe: vmArg (json) 7: -Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom
pzexe: using jvm "/home/pzserver/serverfilers/jre64/lib/amd64/server/libjvm.so"
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no PZBullet64 in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1886)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:849)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1088)
        at zombie.core.physics.Bullet.init(Bullet.java:38)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:328)

I'm running a server of 37.14 without issues.

Edit: I've installed a server with the IWBUMS (38.4) and the server work without issues. The issue is only with "vehicle" beta.

Edited by Campone
New Info

Sorry didn't see a bug list and can't read these 23 pages right now buuuut...

I can see cars through walls. All cars outside a building are visibile even if peviously unseen. Either the zombie virus gave me x-ray vision, or this is me reporting a bug.

PS I love this. Hoping it becomes easier to die in a car- Next time I get infected I want to floor it down the highway into a tree. No more booze and bleach binging for this guy!

Edited by trombonaught

Character Going to sleep can cause the game to freeze for a few seconds before sleeping begins, and today, it kicked me out to main menu once he tried to stop sleeping.

Looking at the error message it seems to be related to Sleeping Event stuff bugging out.

Edit: Note, this is definitely Vehicle Test specific bug, freezing has been happening since before current IWBUMS stuff was out but it is the first time I got an error into console.

Error Message

Spoiler

1498943926515 reanimate: saved 0 zombies
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.createRealZombieAlways(VirtualZombieManager.java:325)
    at zombie.VirtualZombieManager.createRealZombieAlways(VirtualZombieManager.java:218)
    at zombie.ai.sadisticAIDirector.SleepingEvent.spawnZombieIntruders(SleepingEvent.java:287)
    at zombie.ai.sadisticAIDirector.SleepingEvent.update(SleepingEvent.java:240)
    at zombie.GameTime.update(GameTime.java:820)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.UpdateStuff(IngameState.java:423)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1309)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:666)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1279)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1055)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)
1498943939997 reanimate: saved 0 zombies
STATE: exit zombie.gameStates.IngameState

Edit 2: This is definitely caused by sleeping event. I edited my map_sand.bin to turn off Sleeping Event and the whole issue went away.

Edited by Svarog
Confirming Suspicion

On 6/26/2017 at 0:08 PM, Batsphinx said:

Build updated.

BUG FIXED: "MP: Light switches, doors and windows turn on/off or open/close randomly by themselves. Zombies can run through closed doors as if they were not there. Possible sync issues."

It is still not fixed they keep running through doors on multiplayer @Batsphinx

Edited by MJL

Another crash, happened after I got attacked by a Running Crawler

Error

Spoiler

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at zombie.characters.BodyDamage.BodyPart.DamageUpdate(BodyPart.java:211)
    at zombie.characters.BodyDamage.BodyDamage.Update(BodyDamage.java:2215)
    at zombie.characters.IsoGameCharacter.update(IsoGameCharacter.java:9904)
    at zombie.characters.IsoPlayer.update(IsoPlayer.java:2810)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.ProcessObjects(IsoCell.java:1468)
    at zombie.iso.IsoCell.update(IsoCell.java:5057)
    at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.update(IsoWorld.java:2904)
    at zombie.gameStates.IngameState.update(IngameState.java:1304)
    at zombie.gameStates.GameStateMachine.update(GameStateMachine.java:101)
    at zombie.GameWindow.logic(GameWindow.java:666)
    at zombie.GameWindow.run(GameWindow.java:1279)
    at zombie.GameWindow.maina(GameWindow.java:1055)
    at zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState.main(MainScreenState.java:180)

Edit: Went to debug mode, this happens every time something happens to any body part between feet and groin

Edited by Svarog

Okay, this is less yelling about bugs, and more whining about features I want and/or me not noticing information that probably everyone else has. Not sure if this is really the place for this, since everyone else is posting bugs and stuff, but I'm not entirely certain where else to put this so I'm just leaving it here. If this isn't the place for it, well, sorry.

I kinda sorta left both the radio and the lights on in a truck I drove off into the middle of nowhere in, and went to sleep. The battery's completely tapped out, and since I've got a nearly full trunk quite a long drive from anywhere I could try to find a replacement, I'm a bit reluctant to just go on foot. So, I decided to poke around in the game files to see what I can come up with, and I'm noticing something relating to installing and uninstalling parts, such as door windows, tires, and most importantly the battery.

Thing is, I can't quite make sense of whether this is a work in progress, bits and pieces of an idea that hasn't been really worked on yet, or what, and playing around with the truck in the game is getting me nowhere. I think the scripts for it might work, but I also think they aren't actually accessible yet, if they're even finished.

I'm wondering if this where the truck lives for now until this is actually finished, or if I can mess with these scripts to pull the dead battery from the truck and try to salvage a good one from one of the many cars I've passed that are locked and/or have a combination of horrible engine quality and a suicidal loudness rating.

Hi guys, hear are some of my re-textures of standard vehicles. I changed rear part of the blue car, and add round headlights instead of standard (grey car is standard and blue is new) , to add some difference.  Also i've made hearse, and DHL van, but ill show the van later. Hope you will like it.

Текс3.jpg

текстуринг3.jpg

текстуринг2.jpg

Edited by myhappines

Also, during the time I've played vehicle test, I noticed that all  cars has the same wheels (same texture), but I found in-game files 4 textures for wheels,  so can I use it somehow? Or it's for a future updates?

wheels.jpg

Edited by myhappines

Bug here. I will admit I didn't scan all 23 pages to make sure I'm not reposting, buuuut:

Seeing a lot of this. It doesn't load up over time if I'm present, but if I leave and come back it will be different (sometimes better sometimes worse, areas all over the maps).

I can walk inside of these undraw tiles (and get bitten) but the only thing visible while I'm in there is my name.

Screen Shot 2017-07-08 at 9.40.03 PM.png

Edited by trombonaught