Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

1 minute ago, GHawkins said:

I'll stop playing for now then, before I again get to a point where I'm in the process of securing a base, only to have my car with stuff in it launch into space.

Would probably be best not to play the vehicles build until it goes stable public if  long term play is the goal, yes.

My goal is to try long term with vehicles at this moment. I've already lost four saves in the attempt, so it's not that I don't know what I'm getting in to. But what I meant, is that I'll just wait for this particular bug to get fixed before I continue. No use in continuing right now when the bug that was obstructing my progress is not yet fixed.

Might be worth noting that every time a game is reloaded, every single car spawns above ground, hovers for ~1-2 seconds and usually, falls down. And they re-spawn significantly above the ground.

Like so: (Also proof that the van indeed hovers above ground, since you can see that it hits the ground before starting to hover)

Lags and subsidence of FPS to 20 - 30. 

My pc:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40 GHz.

8,00 Gigabyte RAM.

GTX GeForce 660, 2,00 Gigabyte.

64 bit system.

:oops:

Game settings:

20170606194456_1.jpg

Edited by N0mad

Can we expect more hotfixes for the aforementioned bugs in the vehicle test branch during this week?
Right now we were trying long-term survival and from what we could tell is that the longer the game went, the worse it got. 
During first few hours it was all fine, but as soon as the zombie count went up and cars kept piling up in places, it got really really bad.

Had the server running on 16GB with 4 people playing at a time, around 2 months in the game became a completely choppy lagfest with constant freezes and stutter for everyone. 
Restarting did help to some extend but it was only a temporary fix. 

Once a few more fixes have been applied we will be starting over and report back. 

28 minutes ago, Watermel0wned said:

Can we expect more hotfixes for the aforementioned bugs in the vehicle test branch during this week?
Right now we were trying long-term survival and from what we could tell is that the longer the game went, the worse it got. 
During first few hours it was all fine, but as soon as the zombie count went up and cars kept piling up in places, it got really really bad.

Had the server running on 16GB with 4 people playing at a time, around 2 months in the game became a completely choppy lagfest with constant freezes and stutter for everyone. 
Restarting did help to some extend but it was only a temporary fix. 

Once a few more fixes have been applied we will be starting over and report back. 

I wonder if a temporary fix to the lag would be to get a server setting to minimise the amount of spawned cars. From what I can tell, the lag is directly linked to the amount of cars you go past, as this lag becomes ridiculous whenever going near a parking lot full of cars (note: it didn't initially, but became a problem a few hours into the game). Cutting these values in half (or at least having the option to) would hopefully improve performance in longer games.

Edit: My setup for those wondering if the lag is me.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3,50GHz

AMD Radeon R9 390 Series (8GB)

16GB Ram

64-bit system, Windows 10

Edited by iwawa

When travelling at high speed (usually between West Point and Muldrough) the map tiles will sometimes draw VERY slowly, usually meaning I have to slow the car to a near halt for it to catch up.  There is also an issue with low frame rates, dropping from 50+ to about 20 whilst fully zoomed out. 

Having played around hosting a multiplayer game with 3GB memory and 3 players there were issues with loot not spawning or only spawning in a few container types. Another issue in MP was the map tiles halting the loading process for myself (no others were effected). In this instance, the tiles simply stopped loading, no amount of waiting remedied this, and i could still drive/walk through these areas but only saw blackness.

None of these issues occurred whilst my system was under stress, CPU usage spiked to mid 80% when hosting a MP server but never above. RAM seemed to remain fine throughout. 

System:

Windows 10 64-bit

AMD FX-8350

XFX R9 280x

8GB Kingston HyperX RAM

120GB Corsair SSD (install files located here)

8 minutes ago, RobertJohnson said:

Nez version.

• Upgraded Physics.
  • Fixed flying car (!)

Can initially confirm that annoying bug is gone, drove through entire muldraugh twice and not a single car hovered or was above ground at any point. Even cars that went above clouds in older saves respawned on the ground when i reloaded those! Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Svarog said:

Can initially confirm that annoying bug is gone, drove through entire muldraugh twice and not a single car hovered or was above ground at any point. Even cars that went above clouds in older saves respawned on the ground when i reloaded those! Thanks!

Cool stuff. Let us know any thoughts if you notice changes in handling of the various different cars please everyone. Let us know what you think. :)

Dear Indie Stone,

I got some issues I'd like to report.

The game performance drops when I drive fast, which results in light lags. 

Also vehicles often drop in from above when I enter a new area, dunno if this is supposed to be like this.

Greetings

CJ

My specs:

FX-8350

R9 280

8GB

SSD

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Cool stuff. Let us know any thoughts if you notice changes in handling of the various different cars please everyone. Let us know what you think. :)

A collision of two cars resulted in the picture below (Cannot leave the vehicle, completely stuck inside) Edit: My car is the one that isn't on it's roof.

Spoiler

8FHdYFY.png

StepVan's handling is just hilarious, turning is now almost impossible. Plus it can hover when on it's side. Just look at the video. [No Audio is my fault, not a bug]

Spoiler

Now I get that turning such a vehicle at top speed would probably result in just that happening but... how about a suggestion,

Holding "W" should only accelerate a vehicle to a speed at which it's 100% safe to turn, it could be possible to accelerate further by also holding down the Sprint button but turning at speeds attainable there would be a very stupid idea.

As far as other vehicles go, I've given the following ones a try, drove around, did some turns etc. [Names as they appear in Vehicle info window]

SmallCar, Van, VanSeats, StationWagon, NormalCar

My favorite is NormalCar, I really like how it handles and it's currently my favorite vehicle.

SmallCar feels slow, it could accelerate a tad faster and perhaps be more sensitive to turning.

Van & VanSeats and StationWagon are ok, nothing special in any good or bad way, they drive about how I'd expect them to. I wouldn't really use them right now but their handling, which isn't my favorite, I could ignore if they had the extra storage space. (Which I know will be a thing eventually :P )

Edit: I phased through a bunch of trees with SmallCar at top speed.

Edited by Svarog

I started a new game after the update.

It only happened once but after exiting a vehicle, my character was constantly walking on the spot. I could move around but was unable to sprint, though I would increase speed when trying to sprint but  would only move as if I was carrying a heavy load. I was unable to transfer items at all until I went to sleep, and everything went back to normal.

Trash on the road appears above cars.

20170606191042_1.thumb.jpg.12922c74582fb4c2f054d27f0bbbd3b6.jpg

Whilst inside, I could see a car behind me and corpse outside.

20170606195709_1.thumb.jpg.7bd7d0a95ffeaefc5508954dc4781d62.jpg

Character disappeared behind car depending where I was stood next it.

20170606201239_1.thumb.jpg.37fbca94f4d01cfd24018fa84f1879b5.jpg20170606201242_1.thumb.jpg.0a5891b7357519ed49a53b24f10d6974.jpg

I pushed a burnout car into the woods. It didn't collide with any trees and I was unable to follow it.

20170606211236_1.thumb.jpg.36bd82d9f636ac17cbb77b754b8a5e3d.jpg

Once I get chance, I'll play around with all the different cars and post my findings.

P.S I can't delete this picture below for some reason.

20170606191042_1.jpg

Edited by OffitMan
Attempting to remove an unnecessary picture.

5 hours ago, ramius86 said:

Hi, I've tried setup a dedicated server with dev branch vehicles but it doesn't work, same error in win2016 and win10
https://pastebin.com/7txgtjAn and than cmd close.
This branch doesn't support dedicated server at the moment or is bugged?
If I try move back to stable dedicated server start without any problems

We run it on dedicated, but had issues before we cleared the original config files. New configs have lines relating to vehicles, so an update to those is required. This may be why you are running into issues, so I thought I'd offer that up. If you haven't updated them, maybe try backing them up, and deleting them to let the server recreate them and see if that works.

26 minutes ago, JeronLuminourm said:

We run it on dedicated, but had issues before we cleared the original config files. New configs have lines relating to vehicles, so an update to those is required. This may be why you are running into issues, so I thought I'd offer that up. If you haven't updated them, maybe try backing them up, and deleting them to let the server recreate them and see if that works.

Already tried, installed a dedicated server on 2 pc where wasn't never executed or installed client or server and got exactly the same error. If I try install the stable branch, no problems at all.. Got no idea what to do, do you use windows or linux?

Just now, ramius86 said:

Already tried, installed a dedicated server on 2 pc where wasn't never executed or installed client or server and got exactly the same error. If I try install the stable branch, no problems at all.. Got no idea what to do, do you use windows or linux?

Using Windows. Sorry my solution didn't help. I was really hoping it was the same thing we ran into.

15 minutes ago, JeronLuminourm said:

Using Windows. Sorry my solution didn't help. I was really hoping it was the same thing we ran into.

Just figured out that a file named PZBullet64.dll and PZBullet32.dll was missing from the dedicated, copied from the client directory and I started server but crashed after some seconds with this error https://pastebin.com/x2geb21x

It's probably some missing file Steam is not installing,  can you make a screenshot of which files you got inside main directory? Thanks
[edit]
Maybe I'm wrong, just saw that stable branch doesn't have those files too.. So maybe some misconfiguration that is looking for some client files even if running dedicated executables

Edited by ramius86

2 minutes ago, ramius86 said:

Just figured out that a file named PZBullet64.dll and PZBullet32.dll was missing from the dedicated, copied from the client directory and I started server but crashed after some seconds with this error https://pastebin.com/x2geb21x

It's probably some missing file Steam is not installing,  can you make a screenshot of which files you got inside main directory? Thanks

Too many for a single screenshot, but I can give you a text listing. Did a dir /a-d to a file.

Hope this helps!

list.txt

Just now, JeronLuminourm said:

Too many for a single screenshot, but I can give you a text listing. Did a dir /a-d to a file.

Hope this helps!

list.txt

Thanks, but this directory is named "Project Zomboid", not "Project Zomboid Dedicated Server", are you hosting a dedicated server using client files?