Released: Vehicle Tech Test build

Batsphinx

40 minutes ago, Batsphinx said:

Okay so aside from the more general 'deep engine' stuff like FPS degradation and pop-up...

What are the TOP THREE bugs and irritations that people would like to see remedied sooner rather than later, so that playing the cars build is a more pleasurable experience? [Please note - this  can include bugs that have cropped up in features other than cars - rain through rooftops, light switches etc. Whatever's making your life most difficult in this build basically]

Everyone give their personal top three annoyances and I'll add the most relevant ones to Yuri's tasklist.

Thank you :)

1. Neverending sleep in cars  ( also,can sleep without tired )

2. Car engine sounds a bit laggy

3. Idk,problems with car rendering?

4. Cant open inventory or heal myself by "heart icon"

20170524212808_1.jpg

Edited by Drama_Setter

1 hour ago, Batsphinx said:

Okay so aside from the more general 'deep engine' stuff like FPS degradation and pop-up...

What are the TOP THREE bugs and irritations that people would like to see remedied sooner rather than later, so that playing the cars build is a more pleasurable experience? [Please note - this  can include bugs that have cropped up in features other than cars - rain through rooftops, light switches etc. Whatever's making your life most difficult in this build basically]

Everyone give their personal top three annoyances and I'll add the most relevant ones to Yuri's tasklist.

Most annoying stuff I encounter has nothing to do with cars. It's all severely immersion breaking for me tho.

1: Street Lights and Lamps working despite lack of electricity - Takes me out of the game.

2: Rendering issues that appear on a loaded save like being able to see inside buildings with no LOS leading inside, walls being invisible when not really standing behind them, windows being off color etc. Tiles appearing messed up.

Edit: Generally, something is really wrong with loaded games, performance goes to hell, rendering issues galore, if done without restarting the game entirely it'll will crash the thing via OutOfMemory error, there is something really wrong in this area.

3: Distribution of items is messed up, there is no gas in gas stations, makes it hard to enjoy cars when there is no gas.

4 - Vehicle Related - Exiting a vehicle that's on it's side results in standing on it. Forever.

Edited by Svarog

1) When you hit a few zombies your car can flip.

2) Rendering when you drive fast (you can hit invisible tree)

3) Lack of big gates that we can use to hide our cars inside a base.

Just now, Zorak said:

1) When you hit a few zombies your car can flip.

2) Rendering when you drive fast (you can hit invisible tree)

3) Lack of big gates that we can use to hide our cars inside a base.

I've had my car violently thrown across the screen after hitting a horde

Most of the bugs I can deal with, but...

1. the messed up loot spawning (loot appearing in inappropriate locations and not appearing in the appropriate locations) makes supply runs not worth the effort.

2. Interior doors being locked, and cannot be unlocked from either side.

Edited by BayCon

1) Engine noises loop whenever the game is paused. This means that you need to manually stop and turn off the engine every time you want to alt-tab or open up the steam overlay to check something, or the noise will blare.

2) Some way to lock doors from the inside (and outside with keys) would be appreciated. I know this is likely on the list anyways but currently MP/Coop vehicles aren't very safe since other people can just drive off with them.

3) -disableeasyvehicles doesn't seem to be working. Would be nice to have a more realistic/hardcore experience before release.

Would also like to point out that sleeping in a moving car is really buggy. Hordes speed up and can attack windows while your car remains at the same speed, and waking up can cause it to do some strange flips and other general weirdness.

Edited by hunger john

3 minutes ago, BayCon said:

2. Interior doors being locked, and cannot be unlocked from either side.

My number 4 just went down to number 5 when I remembered this. Worth noting is that Car Doors cannot be unlocked from inside.

1 minute ago, hunger john said:

3) -disableeasyvehicles doesn't seem to be working. Would be nice to have a more realistic/hardcore experience before release.

There is a sandbox option for having that.

15 hours ago, GHawkins said:

That may be intentional and not a bug.

When that police car is driving behind you, and you look in your rear view mirror, the text will tead POLICE, because it is now mirrored. Some countries or departments use it.

I'd paste an image of an ambulance that has it but I am on my phone. Just google "ambulance front" and you'll see.

9 hours ago, nasKo said:

This is intentional for the reason GHawkins posted

I see. 

This game reproduce the real world faithfully.

Edited by alicia_praesepe

Well, the number 1 bug I'd like remove, is the rain on first floors ^^. It happened to me again a couple minutes ago, it's really anoying, I gotta stay under a wooden floor, otherwise it's like there were no roof

20170525143220_1.thumb.jpg.55d36e90047e88b91356e875c35611b5.jpg

2 The bug when your car flip and your character can't move anymore

3 Locked interior doors

In the current build I sometimes can't start the car. I switch the seats, but starting the engine doesn't work no matter where I sit. If I switch to the right side, I can hear a short engine on (or off?) noise and that's it. Car has fuel, is in good condition, battery has energy, etc... if I press V, I always have the switch seat option at the top, never the start engine option.

I encountered a bug in this build. I drove my car pretty fast, took a sharp turn and flipped it close to a building. That's not a bug... the issue is that upon leaving the vehicle I was permanently stuck in place and unable to interact with the environment. I could still access my inventory, run in place, swing my axe etc., but I could not move or hit zombies that literally walked through me. Just as if I was a ghost... wait a minute, maybe I died when the car flipped and I was a ghost! It all makes sense now, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

Anyways, here's the video (no audio): 

2 hours ago, Ski said:

I encountered a bug in this build. I drove my car pretty fast, took a sharp turn and flipped it close to a building. That's not a bug... the issue is that upon leaving the vehicle I was permanently stuck in place and unable to interact with the environment. I could still access my inventory, run in place, swing my axe etc., but I could not move or hit zombies that literally walked through me. Just as if I was a ghost... wait a minute, maybe I died when the car flipped and I was a ghost! It all makes sense now, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

Anyways, here's the video (no audio): 

Try sprinting. Worked for me.

15 hours ago, The White Wolf said:

Well, the number 1 bug I'd like remove, is the rain on first floors ^^. It happened to me again a couple minutes ago, it's really anoying, I gotta stay under a wooden floor, otherwise it's like there were no roof

20170525143220_1.thumb.jpg.55d36e90047e88b91356e875c35611b5.jpg

2 The bug when your car flip and your character can't move anymore

3 Locked interior doors

1 - I've had the rain through the roof issue as well ,I was in one of the trailer parks and the rain came though the roof on all of them!

2 - gotten stuck in the walking animation , no matter what their doing their always walking - had to opt out then back into the vehicle test to fix that one.

5 hours ago, martingee said:

My aim with the Police livery, as with most stuff I do for PZ, is to be authentic not necessarily accurate.

Perfectly understandable, and honestly I dig the all-white for the PD, at least for the Muldraugh PD. Maybe there could be different liveries for West Point police and the Sheriff's Dept, but so far it's looking good. 

On 5/24/2017 at 10:50 AM, Svarog said:

Occasionally the tiles start to appear wrong, hard to pinpoint the reason, once it happened on a new save, other time in started to appear like this after a while. Btw, reloading the save doesn't fix it, it stays this way.
r7jjpkN.png

I THINK this has something to do with erosion, I get this glitch on every new game where I set it to be x months after, usually looks good by default until enough time passes by.

On 25.5.2017 at 5:15 PM, Lexx2k said:

In the current build I sometimes can't start the car. I switch the seats, but starting the engine doesn't work no matter where I sit. If I switch to the right side, I can hear a short engine on (or off?) noise and that's it. Car has fuel, is in good condition, battery has energy, etc... if I press V, I always have the switch seat option at the top, never the start engine option.

Ok, this is embarrassing. Found out the car couldn't be started anymore because it was out of fuel... which is weird, though, because I know it had fuel, because I just used it a short while before. Anyway... we already have "Locked" floating text messages, so might as well add "No Fuel" and other to convey this information. Right now, many of these things aren't very obvious.

Also while I like the radial menu, I feel it's a huge break from the rest of the games interface, as it is not consistent with anything else. Are there plans to bring this feature to the rest of the game? I could see it being pretty and useful for other stuff, but then again, some of the right-click context menus can get pretty long...

/Edit: Oh, and if a car has one door locked, I should be able to unlock it once I am sitting inside the car. I have yet to see a vehicle where this wasn't possible. :>

/Edit2: And just now my battery died. It was a charge of -0.0055something .. is there any way to recharge them already or is the car pretty much dead weight now?

/Edit3: Also would be nice if you could keep the motor running while getting out of the car. :>

Edited by Lexx2k

On 24/05/2017 at 7:34 AM, Svarog said:

There is a sandbox option for it.

So it is unavailable in "the first week" and other non sandbox mode ?

I had a new bug, don't know if it's related to the beta, but I can't place any objects once that I moved it. Even at the place where I took it. I also tried with a bed, it didn't work. So now I can't even use neither the couch nor the bed ^^'

20170527180207_1.thumb.jpg.11f4a6021e1940a9463d2b9ad0481f4a.jpg

I also noticed some vehicles bug outside my base20170527180225_1.thumb.jpg.e77b0ec4a8feef94c5ecbef5d8e78723.jpg

Edited by The White Wolf

1 minute ago, The White Wolf said:

So it is unavailable in "the first weekk" and other non sandbox mode ?

Nope, Easy Vehicles are on by default on all non-sanbox modes. It'll probably be off by default on all modes soon, it's only there to make testing vehicles easier.

On 5/8/2017 at 4:02 PM, Batsphinx said:

To aid community testing all cars are unlocked and fuelled. Current work on locked cars, gas tanks of varying emptiness and other gameplay can be seen with the startup command –disableeasyvehicles.

You can try that but those shortcut commands never worked for me.

26 minutes ago, Svarog said:
On 08/05/2017 at 4:02 PM, Batsphinx said:

To aid community testing all cars are unlocked and fuelled. Current work on locked cars, gas tanks of varying emptiness and other gameplay can be seen with the startup command –disableeasyvehicles.

You can try that but those shortcut commands never worked for me.

Ah thanks, I remembered seeing a "disablevehiclesomethin' but I tried it as a beta access code like a morron, I'll try this then, thx ^^

About being unable to place furniture: You likely broke a part or two when disassembling the object. Took me a while to figure out as well. Look for object names- they end with (1/2), (2/2), etc... if you're missing one of them, you can't place the object. It's again one of those mechanics that aren't very obvious to grasp at first.

It would help a lot if the player could see the name of the missing part in the object placement screen, or at least a red "Object incomplete" text.

Edited by Lexx2k

3 minutes ago, Lexx2k said:

About being unable to place furniture: You likely broke a part or two when disassembling the object. Took me a while to figure out as well. Look for object names- they end with (1/2), (2/2), etc... if you're missing one of them, you can't place the object. It's again one of those mechanics that aren't very obvious to grasp.

It would help a lot if the player could see the name of the missing part in the object placement screen, or at least a red "Object incomplete" text.

I think it would be better if disassembling/picking up resulted in either getting both parts or nothing at all. I have a bunch of 1/2 of things laying around being useless.