Burned grass regrow

Snakeman

Maybe it's just me that has not seen erosion working for long enough, but does tiles that have had the dirt removed eventualy regrow grass?  If not, I'd like to add that to your suggestion that I like.

Since the dirt was removed, I'd suggest a 2 step erosion process : first the dirt is restored (and can be taken again), then the grass regrow.

In your suggestion case, I think a 1 step erosion should be ok since the dirt was not removed.

I can't say this would necessarily be the case in all places, but living in a rural Michigan town, it only takes about two weeks for a field to fully regrow grass after burning it.

We own a couple acres that we grow hay on and then sell to a local farmer who harvests it in the fall. Once spring hits, the whole field is overgrown so we burn it to get rid of all the weeds and dead plants. The first time we did, I was shocked at how quickly it all regrew.

I would have loved to document this process to show you guys, but of course I wasn't really thinking of it at the time. Maybe next year. :-)

On 15.05.2017 at 9:48 PM, FireOnAsphalt said:

Once spring hits, the whole field is overgrown so we burn it to get rid of all the weeds and dead plants. The first time we did, I was shocked at how quickly it all regrew.

This is normal, people almost burned our country house so :D