Player Trait Hoohaha

I have a few questions in regards to player traits.
If I were to select Obese/overweight, which has a negative affect of low endurance/running speed and prone to injury. Would I be able to work off those negative traits by taking care of myself, eating healthy and so on?

Would a level 10 fitness with athletic(+4 fitness/faster running speed/longer running) run faster and have longer running than a Level 10 fitness player without athletic trait?

Yes, you can lose obese/overweight by staying on negative calorie count. How to tell if they're negative? You lose weight on negative calories. No need to eat healthy etc. You can eat chips and butter if you like, but eat 1/4 at a time and stay on negative calories. Your character does not even need to be hungry to lose weight.

For the athletic thing, I don't know.

Weak and Obese traits can weaken/disappear, I don't know if they get replaced by the positive traits as your fitness / strength increases however because the amount of strength training required to hit ten is pretty massive.

4 hours ago, Storm6436 said:

Now if only unfit and out of shape did the same thing... :P

My four hundred pound ass could lift you over its head and swing you around by the ankles while yodeling that Unfit and Out of Shape are two different things. ;)

Pretty much.  I was definitely unfit when I decided to join the military.  

Even then, some of the weight lifting I could pull off was impressive. I don't remember the exact numbers, but my "I've never been in the gym before" self at the time managed about 800lbs on the sled. 

I dunno, maybe make it an XP penalty (+%) for strength or fitness for a certain number of skillups. 

4 minutes ago, Storm6436 said:

-snip-

As much as I've played the game, I have never maxed out strength. It feels pretty hard, but some relevant %XP bonuses/negative would be pretty cool.

Also, 800 without training? Golly gee- how much can you drag these days? You must be a beast! :o I'd hate to get kicked by you.

what-if-the-zombie-apocalypse-came-right

LOL, nah, 800 without training was because I was a fat mofo at the time.  My legs were beasts because they had to move all that lard. :P  I have no idea what my max end is now, my knees and back are too jacked up from my time in the Navy for me to want to tempt fate by trying to find out.

And as for the XP for fitness/strength skillups, I rolled my eyes at their scale a long time ago and installed a mod that allows me to fiddle with it.  Still haven't found the right multiplier, but I think that's because the slope for required XP isn't right.  Getting stronger/more fit isn't a linear progression, but more a logarithmic one.   Ie. it's a *lot* easier to improve the low end than it is to improve the high end, but it does not follow that B=2A, where A is your current level, and B is the next level up in terms of XP.   IMO, both the rate of XP gain on both and the required XP curves are simply wrong.

Archived